Please check out the SGS Support forum if your question isn't answered here!
What sets SGS apart from the rest is its powerful Social Stream. Most stream item are highly interactive, where you may "like" or leave a comment on the content.
- Like and comment any stream item and notification will be sent to original poster and everyone who has liked or leave a comment on the post
- Filter the stream to view all activities either by the site members or just your friends.
- Auto-update features notify user when there is a new update in real-time.
- The powerful stream also works within each group and events.
User Profile Management
A social networking site has to offer unique features to its members that keep them coming back. SGS is easy to customize and you can bring unique features and social environment to your site members.
- collect relevant data from your users. From the common profile such as High School and Hometown, you can ask users something more relevant to your site
- Advance members searching feature. You can then let your members find each other based on various criteria.
Fun to use Photo Gallery is the heart of your community
- Upload dozen of pictures in a single action. Just drag and drop them to the upload screen and our HTML5-powered uploader will automatically queue the photos
- SGS comes with an amazing photo gallery. Each album is neatly displayed, coupled with interactive features such as comment and like system, photo tagging and content discovery modules
Built into every SGS is a fully-featured video capability, ranging from embedding videos to hosting your own. We provide everything that you need, without making you pay extra.
- We allow user to either share existing videos, uploaded in other video provider such as youtube and vimeo or allow user to directly upload their video
- You may also outsource video encoding jom to Zencoder, which will offload video processing to an external server at a reasonable cost.
Easily manage your events with SGS's Event Manager. Set an event anywhere in the world and it'll display in the Google maps. Set your events with SGS so that your members are more engaged with each other. Nothing beats meeting your members face to face and having fun at doing that!
- Manage your members, set an invite number limit or even send out invitations so that they can RSVP to your event
- Control attendance via private event or even limit the number of available seats
Sometimes it's more engaging to communicate in a smaller circle. SGS Group allows your community to interact at a more personal level. Every group will have its own photos, videos and event sections. Plus, there is a discussion board and file sharing feature for your community.
- Set your group as public if you need to attract the crowd.
- Or make your group private. Private groups require invitation before anyone can join and view its content.
Creating social networking sites with SGS is never been easier. SGS is extensible via its API which allows developers to extend the functionality of SGS. Choose among almost two hundred plugins for JomSocial to tweak your community further to your liking.
- sitting on top of SGS, you can create a community with thousands of SGS extensions for further customization.
- Support various 3rd party add-ons including paid membership, e-commerce and many more
We take user privacy seriously and have built a robust privacy control system within SGS.
- Members can limit their content access either to public, site members of friends only
- Admin, may also set the default privacy setting for everyone.
Having your own social network doesn't mean that you have to compete with the big boys such as Facebook. Instead, why not connect your community site with Facebook to get additional features. With Facebook Connect, community members may login using Facebook account, share status updates, invites Facebook friends and publish activities to Facebook.
- Increase signup rate with Facebook Connect
- Allow members to pull their exisiting avatar
- Facebook Connect users may publish their status update back to facebook