SovereignGraceSingles

Welcome to SovereignGraceSingles.com. Where Reformed Faith and Romance Come Together! We are the only Christian dating website for Christian Singles in the Reformed Faith worldwide. Our focus is to bring together Christian singles of all ages. Reformed single Christian men and women who wish to meet other Reformed Christian singles for spiritually, like-minded, loving relationships.
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” - Genesis 2:18
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

Meet Like Minded Believers Can two walk together except they be agreed? - Amos 3:3
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

SGS offers a "fenced" community: both for private single members and also a public Protestant forums open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene-derived Christian Church.
Join us now
iam1me

Jesus is not God Almighty himself

5 minutes ago, Knotical said:

Why are we still flogging this banned horse?

Boredom?

Guest William
18 minutes ago, Knotical said:

Someone will come and pick up his torch and will run with it.

I should create a countdown clock and stick it on the site and reset it whenever an Arian comes onto the site:

1906681561_Deadhorse.thumb.gif.bd3090ff48cd9b0f422e19a0ca1ae5e3.gif

ConfessionalLutheran
4 hours ago, Knotical said:

Probably for much the same reason jolly old St. Nick punched Arius in the face. Not only to keep him quiet, but to make sure he stayed quiet.

• Like 1

Matthew A.Duvall
On ‎8‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 8:29 PM, iam1me said:

Lmao. You lot call yourself Christian, but are afraid of studying the scriptures to hear what they say.  You won't even entertain the notion that perhaps you don't know everything, that there could be any error in your particular interpretation of things. You are probably Trump supporters to top it off.

Matthew 13:13 This is why I speak to them in parables: “Though seeing, they do not see; though hearing, they do not hear or understand.

Your assertion only verifies the fact that you know very little of justification through the sacrificial blood of Jesus Christ.  First of all you obviously haven't read the old testament passages that speak of the coming Messiah who would save His people from their sins. Salvation would have not been possible if Jesus Christ were an ordinary man . That was the key issue in the old testament . The sacrificial offering had to be completely without spot or blemish , offered up by the High Priest who underwent a thorough ritual cleansing before having access to  the Most Holy Place making way for the temporal sacrifice for the temporary atonement of the sins of the people . These animal sacrifices were only temporal ,forgiving the sins of the people based on their offering and their faith. But not permanent !  The old testament prophet Isaiah foretold of the coming Messiah who had to be completely without sin and born of a virgin ,Isa.7:14 ff . " Now all things are of God who has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ ,and has given us the ministry of reconciliation ,that is that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself ,not imputing their trespasses to them , and has committed to us the word of reconciliation. " 2nd Cor.5:18 . The ultimate and final sacrifice for sins was when God became man in the Person of Jesus Christ and suffered the cross once and for all for the sins of His people who , because of His blood atonement saved them and gave them the right to become the sons of God. In other words God had to be that spotless ,sinless offering who would reconcile the world to Himself. Salvation would have never been possible without the volunteering of God in Christ , to go to the cross for His people and create a people unto Himself called The Church . All saved people of God are in the universal Church built by the sacrifice of Jesus Christ himself.       M

I offer you the chance to refute what I have just written .

Edited by Matthew A.Duvall

Just Mike
20 hours ago, Knotical said:

I did not see where any one said they  were offended or disturbed by to thread. It was not a "dead horse" as far as I could see.

Knotical
2 minutes ago, Just Mike said:

I did not see where any one said they  were offended or disturbed by to thread. It was not a "dead horse" as far as I could see.

I didn't say "dead horse."  I said "banned horse."  Referring to the OP.  The guy is long gone and yet we are still firing responses as if he is here and can respond.

Just Mike
1 minute ago, Knotical said:

I didn't say "dead horse."  I said "banned horse."  Referring to the OP.  The guy is long gone and yet we are still firing responses as if he is here and can respond.

But dear brother in Jesus Christ, sometime later, perhaps a year or so, someone reading this just might get the wrong impression. I by no means was trying to be a snub nose know it all person, just thinking tward the months and years a head. God bless.

Fastfredy0

image.thumb.png.97f3549712548a86857e1c572633f2c7.png

• Haha 1

atpollard
On 8/19/2018 at 7:28 PM, iam1me said:

Jesus, as the sole mediator between men and God under the New Covenant, as the one who has perfectly followed God's will, may thus appropriately be addressed as God in the same sense as others in the scripture without any need for a literal interpretation.

(In case the OP comes back, I have no problem addressing his points head on.)

What is Jesus if not God?

He is not an Angel:

[Hebrews 1:4-14 NIV]

4 So he became as much superior to the angels as the name he has inherited is superior to theirs. 5 For to which of the angels did God ever say, "You are my Son; today I have become your Father"? Or again, "I will be his Father, and he will be my Son"? 6 And again, when God brings his firstborn into the world, he says, "Let all God's angels worship him." 7 In speaking of the angels he says, "He makes his angels spirits, and his servants flames of fire." 8 But about the Son he says, "Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever; a scepter of justice will be the scepter of your kingdom. 9 You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness; therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions by anointing you with the oil of joy." 10 He also says, "In the beginning, Lord, you laid the foundations of the earth, and the heavens are the work of your hands. 11 They will perish, but you remain; they will all wear out like a garment. 12 You will roll them up like a robe; like a garment they will be changed. But you remain the same, and your years will never end." 13 To which of the angels did God ever say, "Sit at my right hand until I make your enemies a footstool for your feet"? 14 Are not all angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation?

Matthew A.Duvall
2 hours ago, Just Mike said:

I'm not out to challenge this person . But only to associate him with the truth. Once he reads my thread and denies it , there remains no more excuse ! Rom.1:20 ff      M

th1bill
On 8/19/2018 at 6:28 PM, iam1me said:

Jesus' relationship to God has always been a highly controversial and complex topic, so much so that most just throw their hands up in the air and claim that it is beyond our ability to comprehend (while simultaneously insisting their unintelligible view is correct). I am of the mind that much of this confusion stems from an attempt to interpret those passages that call Jesus God, in some sense, in the most literal of ways. In fact, there is plenty of precedent in scripture for those who are clearly not God himself being addressed as God or as "gods." And they insist upon this literal interpretation despite the abundance of scriptures which clearly differentiate Jesus from God.

Let us start by considering others who have been addressed as God/god: angels, such as the angel in the burning bush (Exodus 3), Moses (Exodus 7:1), and more generally the Jewish People (John 10:34). In none of these cases do we interpret these individuals as either literally being God or blasphemous. Rather, these are God's agents, his mediators, his people. Jesus, as the sole mediator between men and God under the New Covenant, as the one who has perfectly followed God's will, may thus appropriately be addressed as God in the same sense as others in the scripture without any need for a literal interpretation.

In fact, if we look at passages like Hebrews 1:8-9, while Jesus is addressed as God here, it simultaneously makes reference to Jesus' God (does God have a God?).

And if we look at passages like 1 Cor 15:20-28, Paul makes clear that Jesus is both distinct and lesser than God:

1 Cor 15:20-28 But Christ has indeed been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep. 21 For since death came through a man, the resurrection of the dead comes also through a man. 22 For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive. 23 But each in turn: Christ, the firstfruits; then, when he comes, those who belong to him. 24 Then the end will come, when he hands over the kingdom to God the Father after he has destroyed all dominion, authority and power. 25 For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet. 26 The last enemy to be destroyed is death. 27 For he “has put everything under his feet.”[c] Now when it says that “everything” has been put under him, it is clear that this does not include God himself, who put everything under Christ. 28 When he has done this, then the Son himself will be made subject to him who put everything under him, so that God may be all in all.

If you disagree, then please explain why the term "God" should be interpreted literally when applied to Christ instead of in the precedent set by the terms usage to others in scripture.

You have ripped a few scriptures from their context and then raped them by twisting them to fit your desired usage...wrong!  First, after, in this case, scripture has been transloated from the original manuscripts into English they are, in spite of all false claims of Circular Reasoning.  The Bible is not a single work but is the work of arguably forty penmen of what YHWH has dictated, for the record, to them.

These sixty-six, independent works by about forty or so individuals that include Scribes that never read or associated, in many cases with the others and yet recorded the desires and events they could not have known about, except YHWH told them.  This makes the Scriptures Self Interpreting and profitable for education.  Any attempt further interpretation is the Exercise of Futility in the Extreme.  We are not smarter than The Creator.

The Bible teaches that Jesus is the God of the Old Testament and the Rebewed Covenant (New Testament.)

• Confused 1

th1bill

Fastfreddyo,v what is confusing?

Fastfredy0
10 hours ago, Bill Taylor said:

Fastfreddyo,v what is confusing?

It was difficult understand for me.  

On 8/22/2018 at 12:36 PM, Bill Taylor said:

ripped a few scriptures from their context and then raped them

Example:  I am not familiar with the term "raped" scripture. Perhaps a personification?  (Rape is a word for sexual assault.)

First, after, in this case, scripture has been transloated from the original manuscripts into English they are, in spite of all false claims of Circular Reasoning.

Grammer made it difficult to understand.  Spelling of 'transloated' which I at first assumed to be "translocated" retarded my comprehension.

YHWH has dictated

I was told the authors were inspired and each had their own style and thus it was not technically a dictation.  Maybe I am wrong.  Maybe it was a dictation in the style of the writer.  Because of my lack of education I always have difficulty when God is referred to as YHWH and other abbreviations.  Again, that is my limitation that retards my understanding

in spite of all false claims of Circular Reasoning. 

I didn't know what claims you were referring too.  Again, maybe that's just me.

... that include Scribes that never read or associated, in many cases with the others and yet recorded the desires and events they could not have known about, except YHWH told them.

I don't get it  ... I am not sure who the Scribes are ... possibly another term for writers but there is a capital on Scribes so I suppose it has a formal definition of which I am unaware. 

This makes the Scriptures Self Interpreting

I don't know what "Self Interpreting" that means.  I asked two university educated co-workers if they knew what "Self Interpreting" meant and neither could hazard a guess.

the Rebewed Covenant (New Testament.)

Neither I or the software spell checker know what "Rebewed" means.

All this being said, Becky liked what you wrote so it's probably just me.

Guest Becky
On 8/22/2018 at 10:36 AM, Bill Taylor said:

You have ripped a few scriptures from their context and then raped them by twisting them to fit your desired usage...wrong!  First, after, in this case, scripture has been transloated from the original manuscripts into English they are, in spite of all false claims of Circular Reasoning.  The Bible is not a single work but is the work of arguably forty penmen of what YHWH has dictated, for the record, to them.

These sixty-six, independent works by about forty or so individuals that include Scribes that never read or associated, in many cases with the others and yet recorded the desires and events they could not have known about, except YHWH told them.  This makes the Scriptures Self Interpreting and profitable for education.  Any attempt further interpretation is the Exercise of Futility in the Extreme.  We are not smarter than The Creator.

The Bible teaches that Jesus is the God of the Old Testament and the Rebewed Covenant (New Testament.)

Sheesh  @BillTayloram i so used to reading your use of the word 'rape' i dont even see it any more.  Please find another word. As you can read from @Fastfredy0post it detracts from the over meaning of your posts. Our words matter. 

Thanks @Fastfredy0for bringing this to my attention :classic_smile:

Just Mike

Good afternoon brother's and sisters. The best way to understand a book or verse in Scripture is to let the Bible speakl for its self. The Book of Colossians gives as much accurate detail explaining everything about Jesus Christ, in fact IMO it answers just about every question you may have. Chapter i verse 15 to 23 answers many of the basic questions people have, But don't stop reading there, as Colossians iis a gift God has given to us, to help give us more information than most Followers can spiritually digest.

For me when I come across a passage or chapters that my study can't answer, and I can't find anyone to explain to give me some light on, I remember Deuteronomy 29:29. There are somethings that God Almighty either does not want us to understand, or He will reveal at a time and place the Almighty God wants to make these things known.

God has blessed us with the Bible, and I have yet to know of a person who has a complete understanding of everything in it. For me, I have just barely opened its cover. 

Any thoughts?

Matthew A.Duvall
On ‎8‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 12:33 PM, Just Mike said:

Good afternoon brother's and sisters. The best way to understand a book or verse in Scripture is to let the Bible speakl for its self. The Book of Colossians gives as much accurate detail explaining everything about Jesus Christ, in fact IMO it answers just about every question you may have. Chapter i verse 15 to 23 answers many of the basic questions people have, But don't stop reading there, as Colossians iis a gift God has given to us, to help give us more information than most Followers can spiritually digest.

For me when I come across a passage or chapters that my study can't answer, and I can't find anyone to explain to give me some light on, I remember Deuteronomy 29:29. There are somethings that God Almighty either does not want us to understand, or He will reveal at a time and place the Almighty God wants to make these things known.

God has blessed us with the Bible, and I have yet to know of a person who has a complete understanding of everything in it. For me, I have just barely opened its cover. 

Any thoughts?

It's not only the book of Colossians that gives us the opportunity to do a deep study into the doctrines taught in the new testament. I find that the book of Romans coupled with Colossians and Philippians presents us with ample material to reveal a wealth of information on our studies pertaining to  biblical theology . Of course that's not a way to avoid studying the entire old and new testaments because they are there for any reason we deem necessary to accomplish our honoring and glorifying our Lord. But I find that doctrine wise these three are the best .

True, there are some passages in holy writ that are difficult to understand . I would, however  rule out any thoughts that God would rather see us lose ourselves in them rather than give us the true meaning of them. It gives us an opportunity to do research ,provided we have the right study material. Some bibles give us a basic meaning on some difficult passages . While others do not. That is where having a seasoned theologian like Matthew Henry and his " Matthew Henry Study Bible " for instance ,who has revealed some very difficult passages to me when I needed them most . In case you may not have one I suggest going to Christianbooks.com and look under Thomas Nelson Publishers .   M

• Like 2

CDF47
20 hours ago, Matthew Duvall said:

It's not only the book of Colossians that gives us the opportunity to do a deep study into the doctrines taught in the new testament. I find that the book of Romans coupled with Colossians and Philippians presents us with ample material to reveal a wealth of information on our studies pertaining to  biblical theology . Of course that's not a way to avoid studying the entire old and new testaments because they are there for any reason we deem necessary to accomplish our honoring and glorifying our Lord. But I find that doctrine wise these three are the best .

True, there are some passages in holy writ that are difficult to understand . I would, however  rule out any thoughts that God would rather see us lose ourselves in them rather than give us the true meaning of them. It gives us an opportunity to do research ,provided we have the right study material. Some bibles give us a basic meaning on some difficult passages . While others do not. That is where having a seasoned theologian like Matthew Henry and his " Matthew Henry Study Bible " for instance ,who has revealed some very difficult passages to me when I needed them most . In case you may not have one I suggest going to Christianbooks.com and look under Thomas Nelson Publishers .   M

Matthew Henry commentary is the one I use and always recommend as well.

• Like 1

GadgetJim
On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 10:33 AM, CDF47 said:

The attached file is from a Bible Study on the Deity of Christ.  There are many references to His Deity.  I often find this file helpful.

Deity_of_Christ_Bible_Study.pdf

The Bible clearly teaches that there is only one God, one Lord, one Creator, and only one Savior … and that Jesus Christ is Lord, Creator and Savior. Clearly, Jesus Christ is God. He has power over death, the elements, forgives sins (only God can forgive sins !) ... 

• Like 2

CDF47
16 hours ago, GadgetJim said:

The Bible clearly teaches that there is only one God, one Lord, one Creator, and only one Savior … and that Jesus Christ is Lord, Creator and Savior. Clearly, Jesus Christ is God. He has power over death, the elements, forgives sins (only God can forgive sins !) ... 

Exactly.  The file I attached is just a compilation of verses and other information on the deity of Jesus, including all the ones you mention I believe.  You are right, it is clear.

Edited by CDF47

Faber
On 8/19/2018 at 7:28 PM, iam1me said:

Let us start by considering others who have been addressed as God/god: angels, such as the angel in the burning bush (Exodus 3), Moses (Exodus 7:1), and more generally the Jewish People (John 10:34). In none of these cases do we interpret these individuals as either literally being God or blasphemous. Rather, these are God's agents, his mediators, his people. Jesus, as the sole mediator between men and God under the New Covenant, as the one who has perfectly followed God's will, may thus appropriately be addressed as God in the same sense as others in the scripture without any need for a literal interpretation...If you disagree, then please explain why the term "God" should be interpreted literally when applied to Christ instead of in the precedent set by the terms usage to others in scripture.

The Lord Jesus is properly referred to as "my God" in John 20:28. This is due unto none but God alone.

https://www.christforums.com/topic/4283-the-use-of-quotmy-godquot-in-john-2028/

HisNameJesus
On 8/19/2018 at 8:29 PM, Knotical said:

John 1:1  That is all.

Amen, and amen.

John 8:58. John 10:30. Isaiah 9:6. Also that's all. John 20:28-29. Doesn't appear the Lord Jesus corrected Thomas. That's all, too.

HisNameJesus
On 8/20/2018 at 7:03 PM, Knotical said:

Because it's not only illegal, but immoral, to simply shoot a Jehovah's Witness that rings your doorbell.

Indeed. It's sort of like the Catholic versus Protestant arguments that continue to rage and haven't change, since, at least, Luther. So many topics are like the proverbial deja vu, all over again, and again, and again... A lot of things can more make one sleepy.

On the web, I've seen a clear tendency there are many people that simply love to fight and bicker, regardless the fact they're not going to change each other's positions, could stage the same debate, everyday, until planted at Forest Lawn. This regardless some debates hundreds of years old, that haven't changed, truly dead horses, pounded to glue or something. (I am almost certain there's a Bible translation extant, with 1 Timothy 6:4-5  and Philippians 2:14 redacted.)

There are the "Christian" cults, determined to churn out more twice children of hell. Those dudes never letup, trying to recruit people to their doctrines of demons. Some Christian forums, they're like the plague. Funny thing is, they hide what they really are, don't say, "Hi! I'm a Jehovah's Witness, here to tell you about the new Jesus-lite we invented." Or, "Hi! I'm a Seventh Day Adventist, here to set you Sunday devils and God-forsaken carnivores straight." The latter even instruct their proselytes to not reveal what they are, when trying to recruit, have many websites they somehow think are anonymous by hiding their "church" affiliation, as they list all of Ellen White's talking points. If you ask me, I've never been accused of being Sherlock Holmes, undercover, and it's a rather lame, ineffective coverup. In addition, if they're so Christian and comfortable with what they are, why do they feel the need to hide it? Seems more a devil doing the angel of light sort of deceptive behavior, sneaking around, lurking out there, to surreptitiously snatch Bible believing Christians bald?

This is most always what's going on, when somebody's doing, "Is Jesus really God?", or, "Is the Sabbath for today?" sorts of threads.

Edited by HisNameJesus
  • Like 3

atpollard
On 6/18/2019 at 12:32 PM, HisNameJesus said:

Because it's not only illegal, but immoral, to simply shoot a Jehovah's Witness that rings your doorbell.

:RpS_thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

Just Mike

Iam Me. I ask my self why a person who holds such unorthodox views, say nothing about attacking the divinity of Jesus Christ would want to be here on CF. Clearly you are not here  to seek more information about Christ Jesus, as you hold firmly that He is not Divine the Only Son Of God.

The reason more than likely is you seek to disrupt and cause dissention, and for that reason you should never return. 

• Like 1
  • Best Answer 1