SovereignGraceSingles

Welcome to SovereignGraceSingles.com. Where Reformed Faith and Romance Come Together! We are the only Christian dating website for Christian Singles in the Reformed Faith worldwide. Our focus is to bring together Christian singles of all ages. Reformed single Christian men and women who wish to meet other Reformed Christian singles for spiritually, like-minded, loving relationships.
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” - Genesis 2:18
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

Meet Like Minded Believers Can two walk together except they be agreed? - Amos 3:3
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

SGS offers a "fenced" community: both for private single members and also a public Protestant forums open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene-derived Christian Church.
Join us now
Innerfire89

Salvation without The Trinity? How?

William. Lloyd
1 hour ago, Origen said:

No one asked you if you believe in the deity of Christ.

You still refuse to answer the question put to you.  Do you believe that the Bible teaches the Trinity?  The answer is either yes or no.

Hi Origen, I've done a bit of studying on the subject and the answer is YES

The Word trinity is found in my KJ Bible  cyclopedia 3694. Quoting

Mat. 28:19.   Jn14:26.    15:26.     2 Cor 13:14.     1 Pt 1:2

With Love, Wnl

Guest William
43 minutes ago, William. Lloyd said:

Hi Origen, I've done a bit of studying on the subject and the answer is YES

The Word trinity is found in my KJ Bible  cyclopedia 3694. Quoting

Mat. 28:19.   Jn14:26.    15:26.     2 Cor 13:14.     1 Pt 1:2

With Love, Wnl

Do you think a doctrine is or isn't taught based on the theological name of said doctrine existing in Scripture? For example, the name Trinity is not found in scripture, but neither is the name bible. When you are asked whether the Trinity is taught in the bible you point to the word Trinity rather than the doctrine.

I think people are growing impatient with you because you've been vague and have avoided direct questions by answering your own questions. That makes people question your ability to comprehend and whether you're trying to shoehorn counter points to Trinitarian doctrine in the discussion. 

Perhaps that is something both others and yourself need to work on?

William. Lloyd
5 hours ago, Becky said:

LOL I read you to be very perfected in you delivery, your thoughts. The attack on the Deity of Jesus the Christ has been around for a long time. Most the negative statements or replies are the same over and over. Goes hand in hand with the dodging of direct questions and the spin of using questions for replies/answers. 

Coming here with your standard weapons, of darts against The Christ  gives members the opportunity share the truth of Scripture. 

Joh 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 
Joh 1:2  The same was in the beginning with God. 
Joh 1:3  All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. 
Joh 1:4  In him was life; and the life was the light of men. 

Hi Becky, with your post you have obviously taken a judgemental dislike to me, Jesus Himself asked questions after having received a question.

You can't have read my earlier post as regards Jesus in my life, Infact you don't even know me. Tell me how can I answer questions that I know little about, or I'm not really interested in.

I can't believe a Christian would use words to that degree, shouldn't we Love our enemies.

It seems obvious to me that you would like me to leave this forum, if that's the case just say so.

With Love, Wnl

7 minutes ago, William said:

I think people are growing impatient with you because you've been vague and have avoided direct questions by answering your own questions.

Exactly!

7 minutes ago, William said:

That makes people question your ability to comprehend.

It makes me question the person's honesty and integrity.  There is no reason in the world why a trinitarian would not answer such a question.  Only someone who is not trinitarian and wanted to conceal it would not want to answer the question.

Guest William
6 minutes ago, Origen said:

Exactly!

It makes me question the person's honesty and integrity.  There is no reason in the world why a trinitarian would not answer such a question.  Only someone who is not trinitarian and wanted to conceal it would not want to answer the question.

It is a tactic to make an essential pillar which supports the foundation of the faith into something non essential. The consequences and repercussions of rejecting Trinitarianism places one outside Christendom. 

William, we are a fenced community though if you are not Trintarian we are open to you as our guest if you are sincerely inquiring on the Protestant faith. No need to be elusive if you're not. 

God bless,

William 

20 minutes ago, William. Lloyd said:

Infact you don't even know me.

And that is why members asked you certain questions.  To find out what you believe.

Tell me how can I answer questions that I know little about, or I'm not really interested in.

Trinitarianism is not exactly a new doctrine and you were the one who jumped into the topic.

I can't believe a Christian would use words to that degree

The problem was your evasiveness.  All you had to do was answer a simple question with a yes or no.

It seems obvious to me that you would like me to leave this forum,

Don't try and read between the lines.  If we wanted you gone, have no doubt you would be gone.

Guess what?  You are still here.

William. Lloyd
11 minutes ago, William said:

Do you think a doctrine is or is'nt taught based on the theological name of said doctrine? For example, the name Trinity is not found in scripture, but neither is the name bible. When you are asked whether the Trinity is taught in the bible you point to the word Trinity rather than the doctrine.

I think people are growing impatient with you because you've been vague and have avoided direct questions by answering your own questions. That makes people question your ability to comprehend.

Perhaps that is something both others and yourself need to work on?

Hi William, you will be pleased to know that I will be leaving your site as you and the forum members are just too much at this time of my understanding. You have made me unhappy with the amount of pressure

that you have put me under, I want to sleep at night, I didn't expect this from a Christian web site with a discussing verbal attack from Becky.

May God bless you in all you do.

With Love, Wnl

Guest William
28 minutes ago, William. Lloyd said:

Hi William, you will be pleased to know that I will be leaving your site as you and the forum members are just too much at this time of my understanding. You have made me unhappy with the amount of pressure

that you have put me under, I want to sleep at night, I didn't expect this from a Christian web site with a discussing verbal attack from Becky.

With Love, Wnl

Sorry to hear that but understandable in our millennial age.

If I may, these obstacles which are presented to you may strengthen your faith. Whenever faced with resistance we may either struggle to rise above or dismiss ourselves from growth. 

You're engaged in a very important topic which directly impacts salvation "essential doctrine". 

Just suggesting you may want to reconsider after a pause.

God bless,

William 

Guest Becky

Sorry you wish to leave.  Posting  does  not allow for the reader to see facial expressions , to look another in the eye so questions are asked.  The replies to those questions carry understanding value.  I doubt William will be pleased to have you leave .   I know i am not pleased to have you go. 

On 3/18/2019 at 2:49 PM, William. Lloyd said:

With Love, Wnl

You must look to yourself as the source of your problem.  It was a simple question.

Do you believe that the Bible teaches the trinity?  Easy question.  Yes or no!  Instead you appeared unwilling to answer and evasive.  As I pointed out above there is no reason in the world why a trinitarian would not answer such a question.  Only someone who is not a trinitarian and wanted to conceal it would not want to answer that question.

William. Lloyd
3 minutes ago, Origen said:

You must look to yourself as the source of your problem.  It was a simple question.

Do you believe that the Bible teaches the trinity?  Easy question.  Yes or no!  Instead you appeared unwilling to answer and evasive.  As I pointed out above there is no reason in the world why a trinitarian would not answer such a question.  Only someone who is not trinitarian and wanted to conceal it would not want to answer the question.

God Bless,and goodbye, With Love, Wnl

Guest William
30 minutes ago, William. Lloyd said:

God Bless,and goodbye, With Love, Wnl

Imagine really hot girl saying come back!

christian bale GIF

2 minutes ago, William said:

Imagine really hot girl saying come back!

see ya goodbye GIF by VH1

Guest William
44 minutes ago, Origen said:

see ya goodbye GIF by VH1

year leo GIF

He'll be back!

27 minutes ago, William said:

He'll be back!

the grinch christmas GIF

atpollard
On 9/10/2018 at 1:28 AM, Innerfire89 said:

If Jesus is not God, how can his sacrifice attome for the sins of all the elect? That would be one sinless life of a mere mortal, which can only purchase the redemption of one other life.

Probably exactly the same way a bull can be offered to atone for the sins of a nation.

[Eze 45:22 NASB] 22 "On that day the prince shall provide for himself and all the people of the land a bull for a sin offering.

Innerfire89
6 hours ago, atpollard said:

Probably exactly the same way a bull can be offered to atone for the sins of a nation.

[Eze 45:22 NASB] 22 "On that day the prince shall provide for himself and all the people of the land a bull for a sin offering.

The blood of bulls did not give the same attonment as the precious blood of Christ.

The blood of bulls was covering and foreshadow of Christ whose blood takes away sin.

Hebrews 10:1-4

1For the Law, since it has only a shadow of the good things to come and not the very form of things, can never, by the same sacrifices which they offer continually year by year, make perfect those who draw near.2Otherwise, would they not have ceased to be offered, because the worshipers, having once been cleansed, would no longer have had consciousness of sins? 3But in those sacrifices there is a reminder of sins year by year. 4For it is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins.

• Like 1

Faber
12 hours ago, Origen said:

Do you believe that the Bible teaches the trinity?  Easy question.  Yes or no!  Instead you appeared unwilling to answer and evasive.  As I pointed out above there is no reason in the world why a trinitarian would not answer such a question.  Only someone who is not trinitarian and wanted to conceal it would not want to answer the question.

That's all he had to do. Even an "I don't know, but I am willing to learn more about it" I think would be okay.

Ben Asher
20 hours ago, William said:

For example, the name Trinity is not found in scripture, but neither is the name bible.

However, (some form of ) The noun βιβλία occurs in the New Testament three principle times in John 21:25, 2 Timothy 4:13,  and Revelations 20:21.  In the Septuagint, this noun occurs 7 times.

atpollard
18 hours ago, Innerfire89 said:

The blood of bulls did not give the same attonment as the precious blood of Christ.

The blood of bulls was covering and foreshadow of Christ whose blood takes away sin.

Hebrews 10:1-4

1For the Law, since it has only a shadow of the good things to come and not the very form of things, can never, by the same sacrifices which they offer continually year by year, make perfect those who draw near.2Otherwise, would they not have ceased to be offered, because the worshipers, having once been cleansed, would no longer have had consciousness of sins? 3But in those sacrifices there is a reminder of sins year by year. 4For it is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins.

That the New Covenant is better than the Old Covenant goes without saying.  That Jesus the Christ is a better sacrifice than a bull also goes without saying.  

However, I challenge you to provide evidence from the Old Covenant that states that the blood of the Bull and the Lamb and the other sacrifices did not take away the sin of the people that offered them!

[Genesis 15:6 NKJV] “And he [Abraham] believed in the LORD, and He accounted it to him for righteousness.”

Faith and not Blood has always been the ‘shibboleth’ of true righteousness.

14 minutes ago, atpollard said:

That the New Covenant is better than the Old Covenant goes without saying.

The author of the book of Hebrew couldn't go without saying it.🤣

atpollard
6 minutes ago, Origen said:

The author of the book of Hebrew couldn't go without saying it.🤣

I can’t argue with that. :RpS_lol:

atpollard

Before I get myself in trouble here, I just wanted to say for the record that I believe 100% in the Triune (Father-Son-Spirit) Godhead as described in the Athanasian Creed:

That we worship one God in trinity and the trinity in unity,
    neither blending their persons
    nor dividing their essence.
        For the person of the Father is a distinct person,
        the person of the Son is another,
        and that of the Holy Spirit still another.
        But the divinity of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit is one,
        their glory equal, their majesty coeternal ...

Just don’t ask me to fully explain it, except ... if He was small enough to fully comprehend, He wouldn’t be GOD, now would He?

• Like 1

Innerfire89
2 hours ago, atpollard said:

That the New Covenant is better than the Old Covenant goes without saying.  That Jesus the Christ is a better sacrifice than a bull also goes without saying.  

However, I challenge you to provide evidence from the Old Covenant that states that the blood of the Bull and the Lamb and the other sacrifices did not take away the sin of the people that offered them!

I don't see why any more evidence would be necessary. 

[Genesis 15:6 NKJV] “And he[Abraham] believed in the LORD, and He accounted it to him for righteousness.”

Faith and not Blood has always been the ‘shibboleth’ of true righteousness.

I don't speak Spanish. Lol.

Faber

I think that not one drop of blood from all those sacrifices took away any sin (Hebrews 10:4). They all pointed to the necessity of the shed blood of Christ. I believe those of faith had promises that even though they were far away they still welcomed them from a distance (Hebrews 11:13) and included in this "faith" was faith in the blood of Christ (Romans 3:25).

• Like 1