SovereignGraceSingles

Welcome to SovereignGraceSingles.com. Where Reformed Faith and Romance Come Together! We are the only Christian dating website for Christian Singles in the Reformed Faith worldwide. Our focus is to bring together Christian singles of all ages. Reformed single Christian men and women who wish to meet other Reformed Christian singles for spiritually, like-minded, loving relationships.
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” - Genesis 2:18
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

Meet Like Minded Believers Can two walk together except they be agreed? - Amos 3:3
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

SGS offers a "fenced" community: both for private single members and also a public Protestant forums open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene-derived Christian Church.
Join us now
Hitch

Question for Dispensationalist (and other futurists)

davy
5 minutes ago, Becky said:

Then why did you use the word Dispensationalism ?  Maybe because it is a descriptive label? Like saying it is a wintry  day instead of saying it is windy cold raining gusty . Some words are helpful in understanding one another . 

It was you... who mentioned the word "Despinsationalism" to me in your above post, and you misspelled it.

Guest Becky
1 hour ago, davy said:

Thanks, but no thanks. I'm well familiar with the pre-trib rapture theory doctrine of men, and its history, and Darby's Dispensationalism, and its later versions. None of that determines what timing a Bible prophecy is for, or is actually about. What is written in God's Word is what determines the times and the seasons.

Is this your post using the word Dispensationalism? As for spelling i am guilty some times i confuse 'spell check' . Feel free to correct my spelling as you see fit, i can use the help 🙂

Guest William
2 minutes ago, Becky said:

Is this your post using the word Dispensationalism? As for spelling i am guilty some times i confuse 'spell check' . Feel free to correct my spelling as you see fit, i can use the help 🙂

There's not enough time for that if time itself was for that purpose. 

girl hair flip GIF by Shalita Grant

davy
17 minutes ago, Becky said:

Yes, I posted that about Darby's Dispensational theory. I don't always spell well either, so I don't hold that against anyone, certainly not you either. I was just reminding that I wasn't the first to bring the subject of Dispensationalism up in conversation.

davidtaylorjr
On 10/8/2019 at 8:50 AM, Becky said:

@theophilus. The first 40+ years of my life was spent in dispensationalism . I grew up in Assemblies of God Sunday School. Dad was a AofG pastor. I know not every dispensatiohnalist believes exactly the same as the next .. The same as every one else . I have read you saying , This is not a quote, There is a group of people who have a different salvation then others ,, That is totally dispensational teaching. Totally demeans the Cross. . 

I read you as a brother in Christ with a different view of Scripture then i have grown to believe . I think our core beliefs to be the same . 

As for Rapture Ready, the forum,  they kick me out because they did not like the Scripture i posted . Think i lasted about 12 hours. 

I think we have already established you come from an extreme/radical background that had people who did not follow sound interpretation procedures and had some crazy ideas about Scripture. That does not nullify Dispensationalism.

Guest Becky

My view is dispensationalism nullifies despensationalism.  . What was so extremely radical of the AoG of the 50s? 

Guest William
3 minutes ago, Becky said:

My view is dispensationalism nullifies despensationalism.  . What was so extremely radical of the AoG of the 50s? 

It sure wasn't Paul's use of "therefore". 

davidtaylorjr
9 minutes ago, Becky said:

But I could say the same thing for full on Covenant theology. Honestly, you have to take parts of both to be biblical.

Guest Becky

Again what was so extremely radical of the AofG in the 50s?  IF one only believes in some parts of either do they believe in either? What i read you saying is you are only a bit dispensational. 

Heb_13:20  Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant, 
Reads to me as if the Covenant comes to us via the Blood of Christ 

The dispensational teaching comes from man. 

davidtaylorjr
8 minutes ago, Becky said:

What i read you saying is you are only a bit dispensational. 

I would fall into the category of Progessive Dispensationalist. 

Reads to me as if the Covenant comes to us via the Blood of Christ 

True, but that doesn't mean Covenant Theology. Just because it has the word Covenant in it doesn't mean anything at all. Of course I believe in the covenants. However, Covenant Theology goes much deeper than actual recorded covenants and makes inferences that they impose on the text calling them good and necessary.  Dispensationalism recognizes that God works in different ways with his interactions with man in different times. You can't deny this. You cannot tell me that God interacted with Humanity in the Old Testament the same way he does now. If you say he did you are just fooling yourself.

So as I said, you have to take parts of both to be biblical. Just like I subscribe to TULIP but I don't follow everything Calvin taught so I don't like to be called a Calvinist even though that is the group I get lumped into because of my soteriology.

The dispensational teaching comes from man. 

So does Covenant Theology. It is interpretation by man on Scripture. Not Scripture itself.

Edited by davidtaylorjr

Guest Becky

Why are your posting so personally attacking ? Will you please answer as to what was so extremely radical as you said of the 50s AofG.?

according to a teacher 

Dispensation of Innocence  .. Well Adam broke a law 'thou shall not eat.  "  so this stated time of innocence was also one of law and then we see grace

Dispensation of Conscience.. Well in this time they had laws on worship or Cain would not have killed Able they would have not known how to build an alter . We also see Grace again, in this time period, Noah found Grace in the eyes of the Lord. 

Dispensation of Human Government   as if we dont have human government today 

Dispensation of Promise  According to the teacher this was the time from Abrahan to the giving of the law. As if there was no law before , like dont eat of the that tree. Along with implying we dont have A promise from our Lord today.

Dispensation of Law from the time of Moses to the Cross.. Really well Did not David have Grace Did he not have the Holy Spirit a quick search of the Scriptures will answer that, 

Dispensation of Grace gods people have always had Grace. 

Dispensation of Kingdom Dispensation teaches the Kingdom is future yet in the word of Jesus  

Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand. 

And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand. 

And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force. 
Mat_12:28  But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you. 
Mat_25:34  Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: 
Mar_1:15  And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel. 
Luk_10:11  Even the very dust of your city, which cleaveth on us, we do wipe off against you: notwithstanding be ye sure of this, that the kingdom of God is come nigh unto you. 
Luk_12:32  Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom. 
Luk_17:20  And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: 
Luk_17:21  Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you. 
Joh 18:36  Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence. 

davidtaylorjr
6 minutes ago, Becky said:

Why are your posting so personally attacking ? Will you please answer as to what was so extremely radical as you said of the 50s AofG.?

How did I personally attack? I did not personally attack you and I am not sure how you construed what I said as such.

davidtaylorjr
11 minutes ago, Becky said:

according to a teacher 

Dispensation of Innocence  .. Well Adam broke a law 'thou shall not eat.  "  so this stated time of innocence was also one of law and then we see grace

Dispensation of Conscience.. Well in this time they had laws on worship or Cain would not have killed Able they would have not known how to build an alter . We also see Grace again, in this time period, Noah found Grace in the eyes of the Lord. 

Dispensation of Human Government   as if we dont have human government today 

Dispensation of Promise  According to the teacher this was the time from Abrahan to the giving of the law. As if there was no law before , like dont eat of the that tree. Along with implying we dont have A promise from our Lord today.

Dispensation of Law from the time of Moses to the Cross.. Really well Did not David have Grace Did he not have the Holy Spirit a quick search of the Scriptures will answer that, 

Dispensation of Grace gods people have always had Grace. 

Dispensation of Kingdom Dispensation teaches the Kingdom is future yet in the word of Jesus  

You have the dispensations listed, but with your own spin on them to where you are changing the meanings of them.

Exmple: Dispensation of the Kingdom refers to the fact that we are told there will be a 1,000 year reign. That has not happened yet and therefore is future.

Dispensation of Promise: This does NOT imply there is no promise today as you are trying to make it say.

With all of these they are given labels but if you only go with the label and ignore what they are actually talking about you really don't have an argument.  Dispensations recognize that God interacts with humanity differently in different periods.

Guest Becky

I kinda thought i should have posted scriptures for all the dispensations as i did for the Kingdom ..Those are not my words on the Kingdom those are KJ quotes of Jesus. 

3 hours ago, davidtaylorjr said:

I think we have already established you come from an extreme/radical background that had people who did not follow sound interpretation procedures and had some crazy ideas about Scripture. That does not nullify Dispensationalism.

Again what was so extremely radical of the 50s AofG?

davidtaylorjr
1 minute ago, Becky said:

I kinda thought i should have posted scriptures for all the dispensations as i did for the Kingdom ..Those are not my words on the Kingdom those are KJ quotes of Jesus. 

Dispensationalists do not deny that there is a current kingdom of Heaven. So not sure the problem there.

2 minutes ago, Becky said:

Again what was so extremely radical of the 50s AofG?

I'd have to go back through all of your old posts. You have said some things you were taught that are pretty far out there even as dispensationalists go.

Guest Becky
13 minutes ago, davidtaylorjr said:

How did I personally attack? I did not personally attack you and I am not sure how you construed what I said as such.

I did not say you personally attacked me. Though the thought was strongly suggested .  There is the use of the word 'you' which often is attacking. Also the implications of disagreeing implies one is right and one is wrong when often they are just simply different. 

What does the Scripture tell us the Kingdom of God is? 

davidtaylorjr

I did not say you personally attacked me. Though the thought was strongly suggested .  There is the use of the word 'you' which often is attacking. Also the implications of disagreeing implies one is right and one is wrong when often they are just simply different. 

Ok then who was I personally attacking because you asked me why my posts are so personally attacking? On Scripture I believe there can only be one correct interpretation for any given passage. That's not simply different. There is a right and wrong.

Guest Becky
3 minutes ago, davidtaylorjr said:

I'd have to go back through all of your old posts. You have said some things you were taught that are pretty far out there even as dispensationalists go.

Please do so i would like to know where  said something 'far out" that is not dispensational teaching .

davidtaylorjr

Please do so i would like to know where  said something 'far out" that is not dispensational teaching .

Honestly Becky I am not that interested in going back through the posts. You are never going to agree with me on this so it is a waste of time.

Guest Becky
1 minute ago, davidtaylorjr said:

Ok then who was I personally attacking because you asked me why my posts are so personally attacking? On Scripture I believe there can only be one correct interpretation for any given passage. That's not simply different. There is a right and wrong.

The posting i have around the board. Not every one but enough of them to ask the question . Only one correct interpretation for this passage is what  Rom 14:17  For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost. 

1 minute ago, davidtaylorjr said:

Honestly Becky I am not that interested in going back through the posts. You are never going to agree with me on this so it is a waste of time.

Saddly very much the response i expected. 

davidtaylorjr

The posting i have around the board. Not every one but enough of them to ask the question . Only one correct interpretation for this passage is what  Rom 14:17  For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost. 

And this has nothing to do with the Dispensation of the Kingdom which deals with the future 1,000 year reign of Christ before the final ending.

davidtaylorjr
7 minutes ago, Becky said:

Saddly very much the response i expected. 

Well honestly it's not worth my time. I would literally have to go through your profile and read every single post. And I haven't been ehre for months so that could take hours. Not worth it.

Guest Becky

Only one correct interpretation for this passage is what  Rom 14:17  For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

The question had nothing to do with dispensationalism .

29 minutes ago, davidtaylorjr said:

I simply asked.  'Only one correct interpretation for this passage is what "  Rom 14:17  For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

20 minutes ago, davidtaylorjr said:

Well honestly it's not worth my time. I would literally have to go through your profile and read every single post. And I haven't been ehre for months so that could take hours. Not worth it.

4 hours ago, davidtaylorjr said:

Yet making the above statement was fine with you...

davidtaylorjr
59 minutes ago, Becky said:

The question had nothing to do with dispensationalism .

I didn't say that it did. I just said the verse you posted had no bearing on what we were actually talking about.

1 hour ago, Becky said:

Yet making the above statement was fine with you...

Yes because of my recollection of past discussions with you. I stand behind the comment. You are coming at it from an emotional standpoint, and that is fine, but that doesn't make your view universal to everyone based on your experiences in the churches that you were in.