SovereignGraceSingles

Welcome to SovereignGraceSingles.com. Where Reformed Faith and Romance Come Together! We are the only Christian dating website for Christian Singles in the Reformed Faith worldwide. Our focus is to bring together Christian singles of all ages. Reformed single Christian men and women who wish to meet other Reformed Christian singles for spiritually, like-minded, loving relationships.
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” - Genesis 2:18
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

Meet Like Minded Believers Can two walk together except they be agreed? - Amos 3:3
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

SGS offers a "fenced" community: both for private single members and also a public Protestant forums open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene-derived Christian Church.
Join us now

Poll Question: Will the temple be rebuilt?

Will the temple be rebuilt?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Will the temple be rebuilt?

10 minutes ago, William said:

If no one could understand this point I made:  "If it were merely a matter of who takes this or that to be symbolic, no group (dispensational or not) takes everything in Revelation to be symbolic or for that matter literal."  I doubt that will help.

Guest William
36 minutes ago, Origen said:

Again, there will be no point.  You will say "it says a 1000 years.  If it says a 1000 years it means a 1000 years."  That will be the extent of your exegesis. 

Psalm 50:10 For every beast of the forest is mine, the cattle on a thousand hills.

These arguments are so repetitive.

Are God's cattle only limited to 1000 hills? Or are 1000 hills symbolic?

3 hours ago, davidtaylorjr said:

Amillennialists try to spiritualize this and, in effect, say there is no millennium.

Actually Amillennialism reinforces God's sovereignty. Tis why most all 5 Point Calvinist are either Amillennial or as a runner up Post Mil. 

The millennium of Amillennialism is a realized millennium existing now until a time of completion. Just as God owns the cattle on every hill the 1000 is symbolic for a number of completeness or completion.

Some Amil would go so far as to suggest that the millennium is heavenly whereas the earth is always in tribulation until the time of completion when all the Elect are accounted for. I often am reminded of this when praying the Lord's prayer, your kingdom come on earth as it is in heaven. We're praying for the church victorious to merge with the church militant on earth.

Personally, I like to think of Amil eschatology as a reassuring theology to God's people that Jesus rules now at the right hand of God and that everything on earth is nothing more than repetitive cycles which one day will finish in a climatic or thematic ending.

There is nothing new under the sun. Blood moons, earthquakes, anti-Christs, conspiracy theories etc, well, that's dispensational. I'd think that after 2000 years passing that dispensationalism might lose credibility with all its failed prophecies etc. Who knows though, perhaps in another 2000 etc years historians won't be so kind.

I have no doubt that some dispensational organizations are trying to fund another Temple construction. It will be quit fitting for a counterfeit Christ to take the center of worship under the power of a master counterfeiter Satan in a counterfeit Israel.

On 3/23/2019 at 1:01 PM, William said:

And that is why I tired to avoid this one.  The problem is some misrepresent what others believe instead of just admitting their error.  If the only way one can support his view is by misrepresent another's perspective, then I submit that person's view is flawed from the start.

Guest William

One of the arguments that I often hear is that God is not done with the Jewish modern nation of Israel.

Question, all those which have rejected Christ and died up until this point what about them?

This is why some critics of dispensationalism see it as promoting two ways of salvation. Though they've died while rejecting Jesus Christ does God still have a salvific plan for them?

Guest Becky

Couple of the reasons i dont think/believe the word thousand is a definite number; Here is a list of the word "thousand"  using only The Revelation of Jesus Christ , for the sake of space...Please notice the use of definite numbers like "thousand two hundred and threescore days" or 12 thousand . 

Does any one see a "one thousand., " 

Rev_5:11  And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands; 
Rev_7:4  And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel. 
Rev_7:5  Of the tribe of Juda were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Reuben were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Gad were sealed twelve thousand. 
Rev_7:6  Of the tribe of Aser were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Nepthalim were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Manasses were sealed twelve thousand. 
Rev_7:7  Of the tribe of Simeon were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Levi were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Issachar were sealed twelve thousand. 
Rev_7:8  Of the tribe of Zabulon were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Joseph were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Benjamin were sealed twelve thousand. 
Rev_9:16  And the number of the army of the horsemen were two hundred thousand thousand: and I heard the number of them. 
Rev_11:3  And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth. 
Rev_11:13  And the same hour was there a great earthquake, and the tenth part of the city fell, and in the earthquake were slain of men seven thousand: and the remnant were affrighted, and gave glory to the God of heaven. 
Rev_12:6  And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days. 
Rev_14:1  And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads. 
Rev_14:3  And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth. 
Rev_14:20  And the winepress was trodden without the city, and blood came out of the winepress, even unto the horse bridles, by the space of a thousand and six hundred furlongs. 
Rev_20:2  And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years, 
Rev_20:3  And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season. 
Rev_20:4  And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. 
Rev_20:5  But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. 
Rev_20:6  Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years. 
Rev_20:7  And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, 
Rev_21:16  And the city lieth foursquare, and the length is as large as the breadth: and he measured the city with the reed, twelve thousand furlongs. The length and the breadth and the height of it are equal

To me i picture the word thousand like it is written here Psa_50:10  For every beast of the forest is mine, and the cattle upon a thousand hills. 

This one is really interesting .  ' Psa 105:8  He hath remembered his covenant for ever, the word which he commanded to a thousand generations. 

Not every one of us reads or understands things the same . This is simply my understanding.  

Guest Becky

For those who understand , believe, there will be another temple built in Jerusalem I am asking what do you think or believe the purpose of that temple to be.? Scripture support for your thoughts would be most appreciated . 

davidtaylorjr
5 hours ago, William said:

There is nothing new under the sun. Blood moons, earthquakes, anti-Christs, conspiracy theories etc, well, that's dispensational. I'd think that after 2000 years passing that dispensationalism might lose credibility with all its failed prophecies etc. Who knows though, perhaps in another 2000 etc years historians won't be so kind.

And again with the lunacy of lumping everyone into one boat. 

5 hours ago, William said:

Are God's cattle only limited to 1000 hills? Or are 1000 hills symbolic?

It can be literal or symbolic. Why? It doesn't limit to 1,000 in the text does it?  Now granted, this passage is symbolic in my opinion. But that has no bearing on the Revelation 20 passage.

Matthew A.Duvall
On ‎3‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 8:32 AM, Origen said:

Will the temple be rebuilt?  Will there be a third temple?  When I say temple I mean an actual physical structure (i.e. a building) in Jerusalem.

I have heard several reputable ministers say that preparations are already under way . Even going so far as to say that the actual instruments used in the services are constructed and ready for use. I am wondering if they will be using actual blood animal sacrifices or if the offerings will be of another nature . Shows you the insistence of these people that refuse to believe on Jesus Christ our Lord.      M

19 minutes ago, Becky said:

And again with the lunacy of lumping everyone into one boat.  How is this not attacking staff ? 

" Lumping everyone into a boat ?" Please explain that one, I'm confused ....... :-(     M

davidtaylorjr
3 hours ago, Becky said:

And again with the lunacy of lumping everyone into one boat.  How is this not attacking staff ? 

Because it was attacking the position not the person.

Guest Becky
4 hours ago, Matthew Duvall said:

I have heard several reputable ministers say that preparations are already under way . Even going so far as to say that the actual instruments used in the services are constructed and ready for use. I am wondering if they will be using actual blood animal sacrifices or if the offerings will be of another nature . Shows you the insistence of these people that refuse to believe on Jesus Christ our Lord.      M

How is there a holy place or a holy of hoilies in this third temple ?  Does a place become holy cause man says it is? I believe most every one posting here agrees the Temple in Jerusalem 2000 years ago had an holy place  The Veil  rent from the top to the bottom When the Lamb was Slain . The presence of God is what made it holy .. 

Jesus said ...Mat 24:15  When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:) 

Will God insult Jesus  and label a place set up for the blood of bulls as holy? 

Heb 10:1  For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect. 
Heb 10:2  For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins. 
Heb 10:3  But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year. 
Heb 10:4  For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins. 
Heb 10:5  Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me: 
Heb 10:6  In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure. 
Heb 10:7  Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God. 
Heb 10:8  Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law; 
Heb 10:9  Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second. 
Heb 10:10  By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all. 

Faber
1 hour ago, Becky said:

How is there a holy place or a holy of hoilies in this third temple ?  Does a place become holy cause man says it is? 

I think it is a situation of is and ought. Just because a temple will be built doesn't mean it ought to be built. 

There is zero need for a temple of this physical building of stones, cement, etc. The construct of this is an affront to God in that the spotless Lamb Christ Jesus our Lord was already slain.

Guest William
7 hours ago, davidtaylorjr said:

And again with the lunacy of lumping everyone into one boat. 

Kinda amusing that you'll call lumping the people in the boat lunacy rather than commenting on the lunacy of those in the boat.

boat fail GIF

7 hours ago, davidtaylorjr said:

It can be literal or symbolic. Why? It doesn't limit to 1,000 in the text does it?  Now granted, this passage is symbolic in my opinion. But that has no bearing on the Revelation 20 passage.

Unbelievable.

davidtaylorjr
19 hours ago, William said:

So are your arguments by the way. 

6 hours ago, William said:

Unbelievable.

What eactly about that is unbelieveable? The fact that since 1 time when the number 1,000 is symbolic you suddenly take every time the number 1,000 is written to be symbolic? Goodness.

Guest Becky

Again Jesus said this ..Mat_24:15  When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:) 

I would like to hear how a new temple will have what Jesus would consider a holy place?  Please share your thoughts and scripture support? 

Guest William
1 hour ago, davidtaylorjr said:

So are your arguments by the way. 

1 hour ago, davidtaylorjr said:

What eactly about that is unbelieveable? The fact that since 1 time when the number 1,000 is symbolic you suddenly take every time the number 1,000 is written to be symbolic? Goodness.

The fact that you admit 1000 is used symbolically but not in a figurative literary genre which uses symbolism.

Guest Becky

A short side note to this thread .. Something i so wish i could remember more of..

Dad had a model of ' Moses' Tabernacle.  The colors, layers, layout to scale... This model had only a corner of the roof so one could see the inside.  It included a outer court. 

Guest Becky

The video was clear and direct @William well worth the 7 minutes 

davidtaylorjr
1 hour ago, William said:

The fact that you admit 1000 is used symbolically but not in a figurative literary genre which uses symbolism.

Which of course goes back to the question you refuse to entertain. Is ALL of Revelation symbolic?

Guest Becky
2 hours ago, Becky said:

Again Jesus said this ..Mat_24:15  When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:) 

I would like to hear how a new temple will have what Jesus would consider a holy place?  Please share your thoughts and scripture support? 

any one ? 

CDF47

I voted no.

10 hours ago, davidtaylorjr said:

Which of course goes back to the question you refuse to entertain. Is ALL of Revelation symbolic?

No, but the 1000 years cited may be.  I believe it is actually.  The book is heavily symbolic but not all symbolic.

davidtaylorjr
16 minutes ago, CDF47 said:

The book is heavily symbolic but not all symbolic.

Exactly, that is why they must give reasons the 1,000 years, a specific time-frame, is symbolic as opposed to literal. Because it is in a section of Revelation that does not need to be symbolic and is much more natural to be read as literal as opposed to spiritualized and allegorized without cause.

CDF47
1 minute ago, davidtaylorjr said:

Exactly, that is why they must give reasons the 1,000 years, a specific time-frame, is symbolic as opposed to literal. Because it is in a section of Revelation that does not need to be symbolic and is much more natural to be read as literal as opposed to spiritualized and allegorized without cause.

It doesn't make sense to me that Jesus will be standing around as people are dying all around him.  There will still be disease,...

davidtaylorjr
3 minutes ago, CDF47 said:

It doesn't make sense to me that Jesus will be standing around as people are dying all around him.  There will still be disease,...

Why does that not make sense? Jesus will be waging war against them. What makes you think there shouldn't be disease? Also, when was Satan bound if there is not a literal 1,000 years?  This is why the ammilliienal position does not work. It can't account for these things.

Guest Becky

Why do we pick this passage over that passage to be symbolic or literal.  What is 'it' that causes our choice,. A reply of studying or understanding The Word is not the answer as well as The Holy Spirit taught me.?  

Here is an example : I dont believe there can be a holy place in a man built temple  Here is why it is  important to me Jesus said this: 

Mat_24:15  When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:) 

What made the holy place in the old temple holy to me it was the presence of God. 

Exo_25:22  And there I will meet with thee, and I will commune with thee from above the mercy seat, from between the two cherubims which are upon the ark of the testimony, of all things which I will give thee in commandment unto the children of Israel. 

Lev_16:2  And the LORD said unto Moses, Speak unto Aaron thy brother, that he come not at all times into the holy place within the vail before the mercy seat, which is upon the ark; that he die not: for I will appear in the cloud upon the mercy seat. 

Act 7:48  Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet, 
Act 7:49  Heaven is my throne, and earth is my footstool: what house will ye build me? saith the Lord: or what is the place of my rest? 
Act 7:50  Hath not my hand made all these things? 
Act 7:51  Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye. 

Eph 2:20  And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone; 
Eph 2:21  In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord: 
Eph 2:22  In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit. 

1Pe 2:5  Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ. 
1Pe 2:6  Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded. 

Co 15:45  And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit. 
1Co 15:46  Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual. 
1Co 15:47  The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven. 

Guest Becky

This thread has worked over the 1000 years we are not all in agreement on that topic . The OP is about building a temple .  1000 is an appropriate side issue but not the main topic.  

Can we please move on?