SovereignGraceSingles

Welcome to SovereignGraceSingles.com. Where Reformed Faith and Romance Come Together! We are the only Christian dating website for Christian Singles in the Reformed Faith worldwide. Our focus is to bring together Christian singles of all ages. Reformed single Christian men and women who wish to meet other Reformed Christian singles for spiritually, like-minded, loving relationships.
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” - Genesis 2:18
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

Meet Like Minded Believers Can two walk together except they be agreed? - Amos 3:3
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

SGS offers a "fenced" community: both for private single members and also a public Protestant forums open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene-derived Christian Church.
Join us now
Sign in to follow this  
Solas

A Question for a Preterist. Zech 14:3

davy
On 8/25/2019 at 1:18 PM, Becky said:

God sent the Romans to destroy Jerusalem He won. 

But ya haven't gotten to the next events prophesied in that Zechariah 14 chapter about Christ's feet touching down upon the Mount of Olives.

There is no doubting the reason our Lord Jesus declared His 2nd coming with that event of His feet touching down on the Mount of Olives. It's to show emphatically that He will return to this earth, literally and bodily. Because the angels in Acts 1 also showed this, that's another pointer that He wants all His Church to understand about His literal, bodily, 2nd coming back to this earth.

• Like 1

Guest Becky

What are the living waters of Zac 14 6 8

davy
1 minute ago, Becky said:

What are the living waters of Zac 14 6

Revelation 22:1-2

Ezekiel 47

Joel 3:18

Genesis 2:10-14

That River and those waters are literal, and will return to this earth.

Guest William
5 minutes ago, Becky said:

What are the living waters of Zac 14 6 8

What or who?

spider-man marvel GIF by Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse

My spidey sense is picking up some divine activity. 

Guest Becky

Again the Dispensational teaching that Christ is not who He says He is. He says He is the living water .

Guest William

Again the Dispensational teaching that Christ is not who He says He is. He says He is the living water .

Who proceeds from the Father and Son in the economic sense of trinitarian subordination? 

Revelation 22:1-2

He bears much fruit:

fruit GIF

davy
10 minutes ago, Becky said:

Then you would be saying that the River that flowed out of God's Garden of Eden in Genesis 2, and fed 4 other LITERAL... rivers on earth, was all false.

You would also be saying the literal river that flows out from under the sanctuary in Ezekiel 47, and flows to En-gedi and En-eglaim in the holy land, with fishers standing on it, is all supposition (Ezekiel 47:9-12).

No thanks. I will stand by what is written in God's Word, and not by men's leaven traditions which teach philosophy.

Nor am I a Dispensationalist. You far out philosophers continue to apply that term to most anyone your leaven doctrines from men doesn't agree with.

Guest Becky
1 minute ago, davy said:

Then you would be saying that the River that flowed out of God's Garden of Eden in Genesis 2, and fed 4 other LITERAL... rivers on earth, was all false.

You would also be saying the literal river that flows out from under the sanctuary in Ezekiel 47, and flows to En-gedi and En-eglaim in the holy land, with fishers standing on it, is all supposition (Ezekiel 47:9-12).

No thanks. I will stand by what is written in God's Word, and not by men's leaven traditions which teach philosophy.

Nor am I a Dispensationalist. You far out philosophers continue to apply that term to most anyone your leaven doctrines from men doesn't agree with.

Now you are putting words in my typing... Literal rivers are literal rivers  Did Jesus say he was living waters ? 

Joh_4:10  Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water. 

Zec 14:8  And it shall be in that day, that living waters shall go out from Jerusalem; half of them toward the former sea, and half of them toward the hinder sea: in summer and in winter shall it be. 

Choosing to be literal i hope you wear sandals not shoes 

Mar 6:9  But be shod with sandals; and not put on two coats. 

davy
11 minutes ago, Becky said:

Now you are putting words in my typing... Literal rivers are literal rivers  Did Jesus say he was living waters ? 

Joh_4:10  Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water. 

Zec 14:8  And it shall be in that day, that living waters shall go out from Jerusalem; half of them toward the former sea, and half of them toward the hinder sea: in summer and in winter shall it be. 

God's River in His Eden is not a religious metaphor. Our Heavenly Father and His Son does... relate directly to that River of the waters of life. We are told it emits directly from His throne...

Rev 22:1
22:1 And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.
KJV

Choosing to believe those waters is a metaphor for Christ only is to disregard a future world to come event that is going to heal the waters upon this polluted earth.

Guest Becky

Isa_66:1  Thus saith the LORD, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest? 

Guest William
44 minutes ago, davy said:

I suggest you research throughout the Scriptures what any active water or various phrases such as "spirit and water" mean. What you consider "literal" I consider "literalistic", thus applying the wrong hermeneutic to apocalyptic and prophetic literature. 

Genesis 1:1-2 In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. 2 The earth was without form and void, and darkness was over the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.

Genesis 1:3 3 And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light.

Genesis 1:20 And God said, “Let the waters swarm with swarms of living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the expanse of the heavens.”

Genesis 1:28 And God blessed them. And God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it, and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over every living thing that moves on the earth.”

Note the divine activity above when all three Persons in the Trinity are active. 

Now note:

Luke 5:1-11 On one occasion, while the crowd was pressing in on him to hear the word of God, he was standing by the lake of Gennesaret, 2 and he saw two boats by the lake, but the fishermen had gone out of them and were washing their nets. 3 Getting into one of the boats, which was Simon's, he asked him to put out a little from the land. And he sat down and taught the people from the boat. 4 And when he had finished speaking, he said to Simon, “Put out into the deep and let down your nets for a catch.” 5 And Simon answered, “Master, we toiled all night and took nothing! But at your word I will let down the nets.” 6 And when they had done this, they enclosed a large number of fish, and their nets were breaking. 7 They signaled to their partners in the other boat to come and help them. And they came and filled both the boats, so that they began to sink. 8 But when Simon Peter saw it, he fell down at Jesus' knees, saying, “Depart from me, for I am a sinful man, O Lord.” 9 For he and all who were with him were astonished at the catch of fish that they had taken, 10 and so also were James and John, sons of Zebedee, who were partners with Simon. And Jesus said to Simon, “Do not be afraid; from now on you will be catching men.”[a] 11 And when they had brought their boats to land, they left everything and followed him.

Why would Peter all of a sudden recognize the "Lord"? Had Peter at that moment recognized the God of Genesis? 

Matthew 13:47 “Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a net that was thrown into the sea and gathered fish of every kind. 48 When it was full, men drew it ashore and sat down and sorted the good into containers but threw away the bad. 49 So it will be at the end of the age. The angels will come out and separate the evil from the righteous 50 and throw them into the fiery furnace. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

The kingdom of heaven is like a net which was thrown into the sea and gathered fish of every kind; when it was full, men drew it ashore and sat down and sorted the good into vessels but threw away the bad. So it will be at the close of the age. The angels will come out and separate the evil from the righteous, and throw them into the furnace of fire.

The mystery of the kingdom, again, is that as the net—the power of the kingdom—draws men into its sway, it draws good and bad. Only when the net is up on shore at the close of the age will the good and the bad fish be separated.

Notice carefully: the separation described here is not between the fish which didn't get caught in the net of the kingdom and those which did. That's not the point of this parable. The separation here is between two kinds of people who are swept into the net of the kingdom. One kind is kept. The other is cast into the fire.

So the mystery of the kingdom is not only that the kingdom is at first limited in its scope and its effect in the world (it's a mustard seed), but also the mystery of the kingdom is that the people who come under the power of God's kingdom are, as we say, a mixed bag. Some are true disciples. And some are hypocrites.

The point is that the kingdom of God is present and future. There has been fulfillment, but there has not been consummation. This is the mystery of the kingdom. And it leads to two brief applications, one an encouragement, the other a warning.

Ezekiel 47:1-2 Then he brought me back to the door of the temple, and behold, water was issuing from below the threshold of the temple toward the east (for the temple faced east). The water was flowing down from below the south end of the threshold of the temple, south of the altar. 2 Then he brought me out by way of the north gate and led me around on the outside to the outer gate that faces toward the east; and behold, the water was trickling out on the south side.

The river brings life everywhere. Note the same divine activity occurring in Genesis. 

Note John 4:7-15 7 A woman from Samaria came to draw water. Jesus said to her, “Give me a drink.” 8 (For his disciples had gone away into the city to buy food.) 9 The Samaritan woman said to him, “How is it that you, a Jew, ask for a drink from me, a woman of Samaria?” (For Jews have no dealings with Samaritans.) 10 Jesus answered her, “If you knew the gift of God, and who it is that is saying to you, ‘Give me a drink,’ you would have asked him, and he would have given you living water.” 11 The woman said to him, “Sir, you have nothing to draw water with, and the well is deep. Where do you get that living water? 12 Are you greater than our father Jacob? He gave us the well and drank from it himself, as did his sons and his livestock.” 13 Jesus said to her, “Everyone who drinks of this water will be thirsty again, 14 but whoever drinks of the water that I will give him will never be thirsty again. The water that I will give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life.” 15 The woman said to him, “Sir, give me this water, so that I will not be thirsty or have to come here to draw water.”

Again, the active water which is "welling up" is divine activity. Jesus when speaking to the Samaritan woman He is the source of life giving water. Note Revelation 22:1-2 from which thrones the water proceeds forth. Again, divine activity, as Jesus was speaking to the Samaritan woman He spoke of an unending harvest that had already begun, drawing on Ezekiel's picture of trees bearing twelve crops a year. 

John 7:37-39 On the last day of the feast, the great day, Jesus stood up and cried out, “If anyone thirsts, let him come to me and drink. 38 Whoever believes in me, as[a] the Scripture has said, ‘Out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.’” 39 Now this he said about the Spirit, whom those who believed in him were to receive, for as yet the Spirit had not been given, because Jesus was not yet glorified.

John records Jesus' saying that He is the source of streams of living water, adding the comment that Jesus was speaking of God's Spirit

davy
6 minutes ago, Becky said:

Isa_66:1  Thus saith the LORD, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest? 

Isa 66:20-24
20 And they shall bring all your brethren for an offering unto the LORD out of all nations upon horses, and in chariots, and in litters, and upon mules, and upon swift beasts, to My holy mountain Jerusalem, saith the LORD, as the children of Israel bring an offering in a clean vessel into the house of the LORD.

21 And I will also take of them for priests and for Levites, saith the LORD.

22 For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before Me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain.

23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before Me, saith the LORD.

24 And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against Me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.
KJV

Guest Becky

WOW literal horses, mules and chariots will solve a lot of the pollution. 

Literally speaking is there a mountain named Jerusalem ? 

davy

No, I'll believe The Scripture as written, because when God's Word is giving a metaphor, He makes it so we can understand it's an expression or metaphor. When He mentions literal places without any idiom whatsoever, like He did with the River of Ezekiel 47 flowing towards En-gedi, a literal place in the holy land, then that is not a metaphor. It is literal. Same with His River in Genesis 2 that flowed out of His Garden to feed 4 other rivers on earth, two of which still exist on earth today.

WOW literal horses, mules and chariots will solve a lot of the pollution. 

Literally speaking is there a mountain named Jerusalem ? 

No horses, mules and chariots in this...

Ezek 47:7-12
7 Now when I had returned, behold, at the bank of the river were very many trees on the one side and on the other.

8 Then said he unto me, These waters issue out toward the east country, and go down into the desert, and go into the sea: which being brought forth into the sea, the waters shall be healed.

9 And it shall come to pass, that every thing that liveth, which moveth, whithersoever the rivers shall come, shall live: and there shall be a very great multitude of fish, because these waters shall come thither: for they shall be healed; and every thing shall live whither the river cometh.

10 And it shall come to pass, that the fishers shall stand upon it from En-gedi even unto En-eglaim; they shall be a place to spread forth nets; their fish shall be according to their kinds, as the fish of the great sea, exceeding many.

11 But the miry places thereof and the marishes thereof shall not be healed; they shall be given to salt.

12 And by the river upon the bank thereof, on this side and on that side, shall grow all trees for meat, whose leaf shall not fade, neither shall the fruit thereof be consumed: it shall bring forth new fruit according to his months, because their waters they issued out of the sanctuary: and the fruit thereof shall be for meat, and the leaf thereof for medicine.
KJV

davy
39 minutes ago, Becky said:

I'm not putting words in your typing.

You missed the fact that Revelation 22:1 says those waters come out from the throne of God and The Lamb...

Rev 22:1
22:1 And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.
KJV

Do that river just stop immediately right out of His throne then? No, that River continues out to heal the waters on the earth like Ezekiel 47 shows.

Guest William
Just now, davy said:

No, I'll believe The Scripture as written, because when God's Word is giving a metaphor, He makes it so we can understand it's an expression or metaphor. When He mentions literal places without any idiom whatsoever, like He did with the River of Ezekiel 47 flowing towards En-gedi, a literal place in the holy land, then that is not a metaphor. It is literal. Same with His River in Genesis 2 that flowed out of His Garden to feed 4 other rivers on earth, two of which still exist on earth today.

Except where He doesn't.

sarcastic the office GIF

Take for example not only Parables but also dreams and visions. Did Daniel interpret Nebuchadnezzar's dream literalistically? Was Ezekiel's vision to be taken literalistically? Why does Revelation begin with Semaino which conveys the idea of symbolic communication? 

Guest Becky

Is there a  mountain named Jerusalem?

I understand Jerusalem is a city built on 7 hills, although i do not recall one being named Jerusalem? 

Husband is calling time to head to town ... Nice chatting with ya @davy