SovereignGraceSingles

Welcome to SovereignGraceSingles.com. Where Reformed Faith and Romance Come Together! We are the only Christian dating website for Christian Singles in the Reformed Faith worldwide. Our focus is to bring together Christian singles of all ages. Reformed single Christian men and women who wish to meet other Reformed Christian singles for spiritually, like-minded, loving relationships.
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” - Genesis 2:18
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

Meet Like Minded Believers Can two walk together except they be agreed? - Amos 3:3
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

SGS offers a "fenced" community: both for private single members and also a public Protestant forums open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene-derived Christian Church.
Join us now
CDF47

Biblical Prophecy Discussion

CDF47
7 minutes ago, Faber said:

Hello CDF47,

I am thankful the Lord has put this on your heart. Pray for discernment as to when to continue in conversation and when to realize when it is reaching a point of giving that which is holy unto dogs and casting your pearls before swine (Matthew 7:6).

Yeah, I know it may have past that point but there still may be some lurkers who are honestly doing a search for these things and have not found it.  Maybe they dabbled in atheism and could turn back to Christ.  I think the place to find people like that are on atheist forums but you have a good point.  

3 minutes ago, Faber said:

If the JW's had a huge meeting and somehow I was invited to speak unfettered fro 10 minutes I think I would take the opportunity.

I would as well for sure!

Edited by CDF47

Guest William
1 minute ago, Faber said:

If the JW's had a huge meeting and somehow I was invited to speak unfettered fro 10 minutes I think I would take the opportunity.

If I were invited I may too. Then again, I may just send them an unfettered translation of the Scriptures to read for themselves.

I'm just not going to kid myself and suggest that my engagement is of the same importance as Paul at Mars Hill or Luther before the Diet of Worms.

What I would not do is to be there to discuss "all these other topics" which feed into distracting us from the fact that they are an anathema and are preaching a different Gospel. They've rightly either by or by themselves cast themselves out from the true church and should be subject to the god of this world.

6 minutes ago, William said:

For the love of Pete, they've created an atheist website to refute and propagate unbelief.

pigs GIF

exactly GIF

CDF47
3 minutes ago, William said:

If I were invited I may too. Then again, I may just send them an unfettered translation of the Scriptures to read for themselves.

I'm just not going to kid myself and suggest that my engagement is of the same importance as Paul at Mars Hill or Luther before the Diet of Worms.

What I would not do is to be there to discuss "all these other topics" which feed into distracting us from the fact that they are an anathema and are preaching a different Gospel. They've rightly either by or by themselves cast themselves out from the true church and should be subject to the god of this world.

"And then [Jesus] told [His disciples], "Go into all the world and preach the Good News to everyone."  Going on atheist forums is a good way for me to discuss Christ with non-believers.  I do not know any other way I could reach as many non-believers then on an atheist website.  It starts out as a scientific discussion and quickly leads to Christ since there are such religious implications to the science.  

Edited by CDF47

Guest William
2 minutes ago, CDF47 said:

"And then [Jesus] told [His disciples], "Go into all the world and preach the Good News to everyone."  Going on atheist forums is a good way for me to discuss Christ with non-believers.  I do not know any other way I could reach as many non-believers then on an atheist website.

Yes, except where those blasted dogs and swine are. And Asia, there too, according to the Lord's timing.

The Good News is genetic coding and fine tuning of the universe?

Faber

If/when I finished the 10 minute speech I would immediately leave. They would probably force me out, but if any person heard me there wanted to speak with me further outside I would. I would try to avoid getting into a shouting match with anyone. Just give the truth and let God cause the increase.

• Like 1

CDF47
Just now, William said:

Yes, except where those blasted dogs and swine are. And Asia.

There are swine there I agree; however, there are also probably good honest people that are searching for the truth.  Those are the ones worth talking to.

Guest William
Just now, CDF47 said:

however, there are also probably good honest people that are searching for the truth.

Have you actually understood the reason for the Good News? I mean if not how can you give a reason for the hope in you?

CDF47
4 minutes ago, Faber said:

If/when I finished the 10 minute speech I would immediately leave. They would probably force me out, but if any person heard me there wanted to speak with me further outside I would. I would try to avoid getting into a shouting match with anyone. Just give the truth and let God cause the increase.

That is great Faber.  In person, I would probably do the same.  On the Internet, I would probably continue the discussion too long.

2 minutes ago, William said:

Have you actually understood the reason for the Good News? I mean if not how can you give a reason for the hope in you?

Yes, I understand the reason for the Good News and that people need to make a decision one way or the other.  

Edited by CDF47

Guest William
4 minutes ago, CDF47 said:

Yes, I understand the reason for the Good News and that people need to make a decision one way or the other.

For the sake of Dialogue, I refer to the reason of the Good News as being the Bad News. There is no Good News without the Bad News. What is the Bad News? The Bad News is that God is good.

What does that mean to you CDF47? Why would God being good be Bad News?

I'm just trying to figure out why you call anyone good especially those which support a site which opposes the faith?

CDF47
1 minute ago, William said:

For the sake of Dialogue, I refer to the reason of the Good News as being the Bad News. There is no Good News without the Bad News. What is the Bad News? The Bad News is that God is good.

What does that mean to you CDF47? Why would God being good be Bad News?

I am not sure what you are getting at??  There is bad news for those that do not accept Christ as their Lord and Savior.

Edited by CDF47

Guest William
1 minute ago, CDF47 said:

I am not sure what you are getting at??  There is bad news for those that do not accept Christ as their Lord and Savior.

Why would that be bad news?

God is Holy and Good. That's terrifying news.

Think about why and come back!

14 minutes ago, CDF47 said:

Well, it took me a while to find the proofs of design in DNA and in the universe.  It takes a personal search. 

You missed the point.  If they really wanted to know they would find out.  They would do the research, do the work.  Just like you did.  Nothing is standing in their way but themselves.  The fact they don't is evidence that they don't really care about the truth of the matter.

CDF47

Why would that be bad news?

God is Holy and Good. That's terrifying news.

Think about why and come back!

It is bad news because many of the people on the atheist forums are lost.  That is bad news for them.

Guest William
3 minutes ago, Origen said:

You missed the point.  If they really wanted to know they would find out.  They would do the research, do the work.  Just like you did.  Nothing is standing in their way but themselves.  The fact they don't is evidence that they don't really care about the truth of the matter.

God is Holy and Good?

It is easier to deny the existence of God rather than be held accountable or responsible for.....

well done applause GIF

If they are suppressing the truth (rather than being good and seeking truth) who am I to argue if God gave them over to a debase mind?

Anyone Presup?

CDF47
2 minutes ago, Origen said:

Some may have lead to atheism by our school systems.  This is a way to lead them back out.  Again, I know of a person that was once Christian converted to atheism and converted back to Christianity.  This is proof that there are some that can still be reached and it is our duty to preach the Good News.

God is Holy and Good?

It is easier to deny the existence of God rather than be held accountable or responsible for.....

well done applause GIF

Anyone Presup?

...ourselves and our actions.  This is true and many of them have this issue but some of them may not.

Guest William
8 minutes ago, CDF47 said:

This is true and many of them have this issue but some of them may not.

Everyone has or has had this issue.

Evangelism 101, a person's salvation isn't up to you.

Intellectualism has never be the reason behind a person's salvation.

Let's not get side tracked here. The Good News is for all men. The Bad News means God cannot overlook anyone's sins. They want to reject Jesus Christ so they'll get exactly what they want. They will stand accountable and responsible for their very reasoning against God.

They are not lost for God knows where His are at any time.

IMO, all you're mostly doing is providing them with subject matter to refute most Christian arguments. The very objections you have are used by them so that others that witness your engagements are further swayed away from the faith. They are a Redherring.

48 minutes ago, CDF47 said:

Some may have lead to atheism by our school systems. 

Guess what?  I grew up in the public school system.  NEXT!

This is a way to lead them back out.

I find that naïve.

Again, I know of a person that was once Christian converted to atheism and converted back to Christianity. 

Which proves nothing at all.  For all you know that person may convent back to atheism.

This is proof that there are some that can still be reached and it is our duty to preach the Good News.

Then preach the Good News.  While I love apologetics it is not the Gospel.  It is the power of the Gospel that changes people.  I don't know of anyone coming to Christianity because someone gave a good explanation

concerning Tyre and Nebuchadnezzar.

Guest William
39 minutes ago, Origen said:

So did I, and it wasn't until I was subjected to a Catholic school that I became an unbeliever. Imagine that, it wasn't unbelief in a Public school that swayed me but people from a religious institution that were teaching in the name of Christianity some horrible theology. The irony is that I technically didn't reject the true Gospel, but only the false teaching of Catholics. Though in my mind I rejected the face of Christianity [Pope] that I knew at the time.

They'd be better off studying the word of God in service to Him.

39 minutes ago, Origen said:

Then preach the Good News.  While I love apologetics it is not the Gospel.  It is the power of the Gospel that changes people.  I don't know of anyone coming to Christianity because someone gave a good explanation concerning Tyre and Nebuchadnezzar.

Amen!!!

CDF47
45 minutes ago, William said:

Everyone has or has had this issue.

Evangelism 101, a person's salvation isn't up to you.

Intellectualism has never be the reason behind a person's salvation.

Let's not get side tracked here. The Good News is for all men. The Bad News means God cannot overlook anyone's sins. They want to reject Jesus Christ so they'll get exactly what they want. They will stand accountable and responsible for their very reasoning against God.

They are not lost for God knows where His are at any time.

IMO, all you're mostly doing is providing them with subject matter to refute most Christian arguments. The very objections you have are used by them so that others that witness your engagements are further swayed away from the faith. They are a Redherring.

I know their salvation is up to the Lord.  It is our duty to preach to them though, that is my point.  I don't think it is a negative thing at all to discuss this with them.  They want proof in science and God gave them exactly that.  A complex, specified, and functional code was discovered in living systems. What more do they want from science? 

Guest William
1 minute ago, CDF47 said:

I know their salvation is up to the Lord.  It is our duty to preach to them though, that is my point.  I don't think it is a negative thing at all to discuss this with them.  They want proof in science and God gave them exactly that.  A complex, specified, and functional code was discovered in living systems. What more do they want from science? 

Repeating yourself is not a convincing method to me.

CDF47
47 minutes ago, Origen said:

I find that naïve.

Which proves nothing at all.  For all you know that person may convent back to atheism.

Then preach the Good News.  While I love apologetics it is not the Gospel.  It is the power of the Gospel that changes people.  I don't know of anyone coming to Christianity because someone gave a good explanation

concerning Tyre and Nebuchadnezzar.

I did as well and 4 years at Catholic school.  Catholic school taught the same biology lessons as a public school.  No discussion about there being a code in our DNA discovered in 1953 with the function of the code discovered in 1957.  

It is not naive.

No, I think that person is now saved.

No, but it would be nice to address their comments, especially if you have sources which give good commentaries on controversial verses in the Bible.

50 minutes ago, William said:

So did I, and it wasn't until I was subjected to a Catholic school that I became an unbeliever. Imagine that, it wasn't unbelief in a Public school that swayed me but people from a religious institution that were teaching in the name of Christianity some horrible theology. The irony is that I technically didn't reject the true Gospel, but only the false teaching of Catholics. Though in my mind I rejected the face of Christianity [Pope] that I knew at the time.

They'd be better off studying the word of God in service to Him.

Amen!!!

I was also subject to the Catholic school system.  They didn't shake my belief in God though.  I think God lead me through that place as well as through all the other school systems I've been in.  I never got the whole truth about science or history.  Never any discussion on any controversial topics like COINTELPRO, CIA MK Ultra,................

CDF47
5 minutes ago, William said:

Repeating yourself is not a convincing method to me.

New people come into the discussion and have the same questions so I have to repeat some things.  Have you visited the atheist forum thread I am talking about?

Guest William
2 minutes ago, CDF47 said:

New people come into the discussion and have the same questions so I have to repeat some things.  Have you visited the atheist forum thread I am talking about?

So you've provided a link to opposition on our board? Those that are seeking truthful endeavors which come here are now directed to an atheist stronghold?

Thanks CDF, with friends like these who needs enemies?

CDF47
3 minutes ago, William said:

So you've provided a link to opposition on our board? Those that are seeking truthful endeavors which come here are now directed to an atheist stronghold?

Thanks CDF, with friends like these who needs enemies?

Why not just easily address some of the comments?  Their claims simply need to be refuted.

Edited by CDF47