SovereignGraceSingles

Welcome to SovereignGraceSingles.com. Where Reformed Faith and Romance Come Together! We are the only Christian dating website for Christian Singles in the Reformed Faith worldwide. Our focus is to bring together Christian singles of all ages. Reformed single Christian men and women who wish to meet other Reformed Christian singles for spiritually, like-minded, loving relationships.
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” - Genesis 2:18
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

Meet Like Minded Believers Can two walk together except they be agreed? - Amos 3:3
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

SGS offers a "fenced" community: both for private single members and also a public Protestant forums open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene-derived Christian Church.
Join us now
CDF47

Biblical Prophecy Discussion

Guest William
Just now, CDF47 said:

Why not just easily address some of the comments.  Their claims simply need to be refuted.

I'm not in Satan's house for a reason. If you want to bring Satan's doctrine in here I'm not going to differentiate between you and them.

CDF47
1 minute ago, William said:

I'm not in Satan's house for a reason. If you want to bring Satan's doctrine in here I'm not going to differentiate between you and them.

What are you talking about?  Their comments just need to be addressed.

Edited by CDF47

Guest William
1 minute ago, CDF47 said:

What are you talking about?  Their comments just need to be addressed.

Here's what I'm talking about. If you persist I'm suspending your account. They are not here, only you're here promoting their website and teaching.

CDF47
Just now, William said:

Here's what I'm talking about. If you persist I'm suspending your account. They are not here, only you're here promoting their website and teaching.

I am not promoting anything of theirs.  Far from it.  All I was doing was looking for some help in responding to one of the many many posts I get there that I respond to.

Guest William
Just now, CDF47 said:

I am not promoting anything of theirs.  Far from it.  All I was doing was looking for some help in responding to one of the many many posts I get there that I respond to.

You've received lots of help. You just reject and don't like the help you received.

You want us to engage in a Redherring.

CDF47
2 minutes ago, William said:

You've received lots of help. You just reject and don't like the help you received.

You want us to engage in a Redherring.

I just think we need to easily address some of the comments on there and provide sources for the rest.  It is simple just time consuming and I don't have the time to do all of it myself.  

Edited by CDF47

Guest William
4 minutes ago, CDF47 said:

I just think we need to easily address some of the comments on there and provide sources for the rest.  It is simple just time consuming and I don't have the time to do all of it myself.  

Why would you be doing what they should be doing?

CDF47
Just now, William said:

Why would you be doing what they should be doing?

We could address some.  It is not a big deal just time consuming.

Guest William
9 minutes ago, CDF47 said:

We could address some.  It is not a big deal just time consuming.

Why would I do what they or you won't do?

CDF47

Why would I do what they or you won't do?

I will do some myself but if some one could help with a couple it would be good.

Guest William
1 minute ago, CDF47 said:

I will do some myself but if some one could help with a couple it would be good.

Do me a favor and request help for your endeavor on their site.

Lemme know if anyone wants to help.

CDF47
Just now, William said:

Do me a favor and request help in your endeavor on their site.

Lemme know if anyone wants to help.

Why do my threads bother you so much?

47 minutes ago, CDF47 said:

I did as well and 4 years at Catholic school.  Catholic school taught the same biology lessons as a public school.  No discussion about there being a code in our DNA discovered in 1953 with the function of the code discovered in 1957.  

You are refuting your own point.  You said "Some may have lead to atheism by our school systems."  But then you point to yourself as an example as one who in spite of his public schooling managed to move beyond it and find out the truth.  If you could, if I could, if William could, then they also can and consequently being part of the public school is not even a real excuse.

47 minutes ago, CDF47 said:

No, but it would be nice to address their comments, especially if you have sources which give good commentaries on controversial verses in the Bible.

I am not going to do that.  I believe that you are in as much need of help and information as they are.  Since you don't know how to answer the link you referenced, YOU need to do the research for yourself.  There are numerous older sources online that are free, such as Matthew Henry, Albert Barnes, John Gill, John Calvin, Adam Clarke, Arthur Peake etc.  No doubt some will be more helpful than others and some not at all.  Welcome to research!

Guest William
4 minutes ago, CDF47 said:

Why do my threads bother you so much?

Because I hate to see you so distracted and wasting time. I see someone that is struggling in doctrine and one that can't even accomplish the task that you're requesting help. Instead of learning to accomplish this task yourself you're requesting others to do the work for you.

Instead of growing in the faith you're distracted by the enemy. And nothing I or anyone here says in an effort to help but yet you refuse any edification. There's a difference between the "help" you might receive there and are wanting to receive here and the help you're actually receiving here.

And this sincerely breaks my heart. And that's why I'm taking a break to pray for you.

Instead of learning to accomplish this task yourself you're requesting others to do the work for you.

arrested development we have a winner GIF

CDF47
2 minutes ago, Origen said:

You are refuting your own point.  You said "Some may have lead to atheism by our school systems."  But then you point to yourself as an example as one who in spite of his public schooling managed to move beyond it and find out the truth.  If you could, if I could, if William could, then they also can and consequently being part of the public school is not even a real excuse.

I am not going to do that.  I believe that you are in as much need of help and information as they are.  Since you don't know how to answer the link you referenced, YOU need to do the research for yourself.  There are numerous older sources online that are free, such as Matthew Henry, Albert Barnes, John Gill, John Calvin, Adam Clarke, Arthur Peake etc.  No doubt some will be more helpful than other and others not at all.  Welcome to research!

I agree that they should be able to do that themselves as well but a little help doesn't seem to hurt anyone.  They could be lead straight to the information inside of DNA.  That ends the scientific debate.

I know of those commentaries but is there a commentary that specifically addresses controversial verses.  I found some on the Internet but not exactly what I was looking for.  Oh, I am familiar with research.  Just not going to take on this one.  They can do the work themselves and I pointed them to search for commentaries on the Internet.

CDF47
8 minutes ago, William said:

Because I hate to see you so distracted and wasting time. I see someone that is struggling in doctrine and one that can't even accomplish the task that you're requesting help. Instead of learning to accomplish this task yourself you're requesting others to do the work for you.

Instead of growing in the faith you're distracted by the enemy. And nothing I or anyone here says in an effort to help but yet you refuse any edification. There's a difference between the "help" you might receive there and are wanting to receive here and the help you're actually receiving here.

And this sincerely breaks my heart. And that's why I'm taking a break to pray for you.

I am not doing the work either.  It is too much to address all of that for one person.  It is a waste of time.

Where am I struggling in doctrine?  Not sure what you mean by that. 

I am not distracted by them.  I enjoy discussing these things which is why I am a member of Christian and atheist forums.   

Thanks for the prayers.

Edited by CDF47

8 hours ago, CDF47 said:

I agree that they should be able to do that themselves as well but a little help doesn't seem to hurt anyone

Please let me know how many come to the Lord once they have a satisfactory explanation concerning the prophecy about Tyre and Nebuchadnezzar.

Guest William

@CDF47

I hope you don't respond to what I am about to say but meditate on the supplied verses. What goes for us also goes for them, we are and ought to trust in the Lord and not in our own ability to understand. Though we have a desire to understand we must acknowledge first that we do not have the ability to understand. We must not place our own understanding above God's direction/revealed in Scripture. When we place our own finite mind's understanding above God we are in spiritual trouble. Only when we place our trust in the Lord are we to know that "He is" [beyond existence].

Now I suspect that they can't sincerely acknowledge these things nor discern them because they are spiritual in nature. However, you're in my sincere prayer and I hope that you come to understand these things.

Why is it that two people will reason together unless they be agreed one will reason for and another against the Lord? Reason doesn't bring people together in the Lord, CDF47. Reason is often misidentified as the cause [of belief or unbelief], but reasoning is known to God why they're born blind.

Proverbs 3:5-6

5  Trust in the Lord with all your heart,

and do not lean on your own understanding.

6  In all your ways acknowledge him,

and he will make straight your paths.

1 Corinthians 1:25

25 For the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

Isaiah 55:8–9

8  For my thoughts are not your thoughts,

neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord.

9  For as the heavens are higher than the earth,

so are my ways higher than your ways

and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Proverbs 16:25

25  There is a way that seems right to a man,

but its end is the way to death.

James 1:17

17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Romans 8:28

28 And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good,8 for those who are called according to his purpose.

God bless,

William

CDF47
17 minutes ago, Origen said:

Please let me know how many come to the Lord once they have satisfactory explanation concerning the prophecy about Tyre and Nebuchadnezzar.

I just want to refute their arguments.

CDF47
25 minutes ago, William said:

@CDF47

I hope you don't respond to what I am about to say but meditate on the supplied verses. What goes for us also goes for them, we are and ought to trust in the Lord and not in our own ability to understand. Though we have a desire to understand we must acknowledge first that we do not have the ability to understand. We must not place our own understanding above God's direction/revealed in Scripture. When we place our own finite mind's understanding above God than we are in spiritual trouble. Only when we place our trust in the Lord are we to know that "He is" [beyond existence].

Now I suspect that they can't sincerely acknowledge these things nor discern them because they are spiritual in nature. However, you're in my sincere prayer and I hope that you come to understand these things.

Why is it that two people will reason together, but one will reason for and another against the Lord unless they be agreed? Reason doesn't bring people together in the Lord, CDF47. Reason is often misidentified as the cause [of belief or unbelief], but reasoning is known to God why men are born blind.

Proverbs 3:5-6

5  Trust in the Lord with all your heart,

and do not lean on your own understanding.

6  In all your ways acknowledge him,

and he will make straight your paths.

1 Corinthians 1:25

25 For the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

Isaiah 55:8–9

8  For my thoughts are not your thoughts,

neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord.

9  For as the heavens are higher than the earth,

so are my ways higher than your ways

and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Proverbs 16:25

25  There is a way that seems right to a man,

but its end is the way to death.

Romans 8:28

28 And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good,8 for those who are called according to his purpose.

God bless,

William

Thanks William.  I read and meditated on the verses.  

Kingdom Citizen

Edited by Kingdom Citizen

CDF47
23 minutes ago, Kingdom Citizen said:

link not working

See the link in the second post and below.  

Edited by CDF47

Guest Becky

On 5/7/2019 at 8:13 PM, CDF47 said:

I just want to refute their arguments.

When Jesus Himself was talking with satan in the wilderness: Jesus quoted Scripture . It is not up to us to refute their argument ; The battle is not with us it is with the WORD.  Jesus had also fasted 40 days. 

Mat 4:1  Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil. 
Mat 4:2  And when he had fasted forty days and forty nights, he was afterward an hungred. 
Mat 4:3  And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread. 
Mat 4:4  But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God. 

CDF47
On 5/10/2019 at 11:24 AM, Becky said:

When Jesus Himself was talking with satan in the wilderness: Jesus quoted Scripture . It is not up to us to refute their argument ; The battle is not with us it is with the WORD.  Jesus had also fasted 40 days. 

Mat 4:1  Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil. 
Mat 4:2  And when he had fasted forty days and forty nights, he was afterward an hungred. 
Mat 4:3  And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread. 
Mat 4:4  But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God. 

Good point.  I understand but it is also our duty to bring the Word to them.