SovereignGraceSingles

Welcome to SovereignGraceSingles.com. Where Reformed Faith and Romance Come Together! We are the only Christian dating website for Christian Singles in the Reformed Faith worldwide. Our focus is to bring together Christian singles of all ages. Reformed single Christian men and women who wish to meet other Reformed Christian singles for spiritually, like-minded, loving relationships.
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” - Genesis 2:18
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

Meet Like Minded Believers Can two walk together except they be agreed? - Amos 3:3
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

SGS offers a "fenced" community: both for private single members and also a public Protestant forums open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene-derived Christian Church.
Join us now
Eloi

Hello

Eloi

Hi.

This is one of the first religious forums in English to which I have registered. My first language is Spanish.

I am Jehovah's Witness and I would like to share some information and hear from others beliefs.

There's nothing new on a JW in a Protestant forum, since it is the same in Spanish forums too. Some won't like what I would say, as always happen, and some wouldn't mind to interchange ideas and inputs.

I believe that if a person who consider himself a christian want to share his beliefs with others like Jesus said, it is not a problem to dialog with persons whose beliefs are different, since it is the only way we all can be sure that we believe something that can be defended as a truth no matter who the listener could be and what the other person has to say. I don't like conflicts and hope not many here either. I hope that I could post the ideas that I have to share the same way others do, since I'd been checking and there are posts about almost every matter a christian can talk about and from every point of view. I saw there are some posts about JW, but there is not a JW who can say if what is said about us is exact or not, or if we have something else to add ... it could be interesting and I think it is fair.

If there is any problem on posting about something or in a certain way that can be a violation of the rules of the forum, please, don't hesitate on letting me know in this presentation, and these kind of question won't be a problem in the threads that others or myself have opened, or in the forum. In other case, if my presence in the forum is not welcome, let me know too and I will leave respectfully as it is proper of any christian.

PD: I excuse about my English too. Sometimes I understand perfectly, sometimes I don't, and require more effort for that, so sometimes I cann't answer a post because I don't get the whole point. Sometimes I can express myself and sometimes I cann't find the right words to say exactly what I mean. I use Google translator, but not always. I'd been living in US for more than 10 years now, but never is enough for a not too young person. Thanks for any consideration.

Edited by Eloi

Guest William

All identity politics aside welcome to CF. Hope your engagements here are fruitful.

May I ask Eloi, based on your understanding what are some of the differences between Protestants and JWs?

For example, have you read our statement of faith? Especially the Nicene Creed?

Do you have any issues with the Nicene Creed? Anything that you particularly disagree with?

God bless,

William

Eloi

Hello William.

There are some differences between Protestants and JWs, the same way there are betwen  the Catholic Church and Protestants ... and Protestant A and Protestant B. We JW, have the same beliefs all around the world, since we are only one community. Protestants have too many differences betwen themselves ... so I wouldn't know how to answer your first question; being Protestant is not like being in a specific corpus of doctrines or in a specific community. I see those differences in all Christian forums ... sometimes they are differences that lead to serious insults . I know that Protestants are divided into three large groups: Calvinist, Anglican, Lutheran ... and all of them are divided in others.

But you do know our beliefs and surely you know your own. What do you think are the differences betwen your beliefs and mine? I guess that is a question that need to be adress in the different threads of the forum, since there should be some and each one referring to a diferent matter ... of course, if there is not problem for a Protestan Forum to accept a JW participation, that is up to the Staff of the forum and I will respect that.

I read the Statement of Faith, and there are 4 different creeds on it. About the first one, the Nicene Creed, I know is a creedal tool designed in the fourth century by a group of catholic theologians to combat the position of Arius. It is not a biblical teaching; I mean: nobody can find in a document finished at the first century, something that was invented or written in the fourth century. I wonder very much that it has practically become "the Bible" of some Christians, to the point of saying that whoever does not accept his propositions is not really Christian.

Thanks for your welcome ... still not sure if I am really welcome, since your post seems like questioning my beliefs, my acceptability of determined creed as a condition for my participation in the forum ... just saying how your post made me feel.

As I said before, I totally understand if my participation here is not allowed.

Guest theophilus

Welcome to the forum.  I hope that through your membership here you will come to understand the Bible better and become a true follower of Christ.

Faber
On 8/7/2019 at 5:01 AM, Eloi said:

What do you think are the differences betwen your beliefs and mine?

An important one would be that we believe the Bible teaches the Tri-unity of God.

deade

Hello Eloi, welcome to Christ Forums. I hope you'll enjoy your stay here.

hello-wave-smiley-emoticon.gif.a2daa490776028f103fca81865d73d12.gif

spacer.png