SovereignGraceSingles

Welcome to SovereignGraceSingles.com. Where Reformed Faith and Romance Come Together! We are the only Christian dating website for Christian Singles in the Reformed Faith worldwide. Our focus is to bring together Christian singles of all ages. Reformed single Christian men and women who wish to meet other Reformed Christian singles for spiritually, like-minded, loving relationships.
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” - Genesis 2:18
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

Meet Like Minded Believers Can two walk together except they be agreed? - Amos 3:3
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

SGS offers a "fenced" community: both for private single members and also a public Protestant forums open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene-derived Christian Church.
Join us now
PetHesedZao

Jesus lived as a man

PetHesedZao

The reason Jesus said, My Father is greater than I was because He lived as a man and not as God

Guest William
1 hour ago, PetHesedZao said:

The reason Jesus said, My Father is greater than I was because He lived as a man and not as God

It would be a fruitful study if you researched the theological term "Hypostatic Union". You also may want to further your understanding of the relationship of "father" and "son" and the son's subservience to the father.

Faber

I think He also lived as God (1 Kings 8:39) in that He fully knew the hearts of all (Luke 6:8; John 1:42; 48-49; John 2:24-25) and was properly worshiped on numerous occasions (Matthew 14:33; Mark 5:6; Luke 17:16; John 9:38). Both of these demonstrate He lived (and still lives) as being God.

John 14:28 was already addressed here:

https://www.christforums.com/forums/topic/5206-the-father-is-greater-than-i-john-1428/

PetHesedZao

Because Jesus Christ lived as a man He is justly qualified to judge all men.

Faber

The same would hold true that since He is God He is qualified to judge all men (Isaiah 11:3-4).

1. Edward J. Young: His judgments will not be based upon the ordinary sources of information to men, namely, what men see and what they hear. Such means, the eyes and the ears, can bring at best but an outward impression. For absolute justice, there must be absolute knowledge, one that cannot be derived merely by these two regular and ordinary sources of information (The Book of Isaiah, Volume 1, page 384, the underlined is mine). 

NorrinRadd

It kind of depends on what one means by "lived as."

John 8 (among other passages) makes clear that even while on earth, Jesus was "I AM."

But the idea that when Jesus taught, did miracles, resisted the devil, etc., He did so at the direction of the Father and by the power of the Spirit, not by virtue of His own divinity, is not some fringe notion, nor is it incompatible with the so-called "hypostatic union."

PetHesedZao

Jesus was anointed at the River Jordan with the Spirit and began His ministry as a man walking in the Spirit. All the miracles He performed He did so as a man and not God. However, He was crucified as God and bore our sin sicknesses and diseases in His body on the Cross. 

Guest Becky
58 minutes ago, PetHesedZao said:

Jesus was anointed at the River Jordan with the Spirit and began His ministry as a man walking in the Spirit. All the miracles He performed He did so as a man and not God. However, He was crucified as God and bore our sin sicknesses and diseases in His body on the Cross. 

What are your proof scriptures for this belief?

PetHesedZao

My source for it is from the Spirit and the Word of God.

Guest William
14 minutes ago, PetHesedZao said:

My source for it is from the Spirit and the Word of God.

I believe Becky is asking you for the Scriptural proof texts which you were led to by the Holy Spirit.

God bless,

William

PetHesedZao

Jesus did no miracles until He was baptized WITH the Spirit at the River Jordan. He underwent one of the 3 Baptisms which is for every believer...

Guest William
1 minute ago, PetHesedZao said:

Jesus did no miracles until He was baptized WITH the Spirit at the River Jordan. He underwent one of the 3 Baptisms which is for every believer...

Scriptural proof texts? The weight of proving your argument or statement rests on your shoulders.

And this is a Protestant website. We acknowledge only one baptism:

Nicene Creed: We acknowledge one baptism for the remission of sins.

Ephesians 4:5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism,

PetHesedZao

Look at the Gospels; when did Jesus do His first miracle?

It's Jesus, through the Spirit, who baptizes believers with the Spirit. 

Guest William
7 minutes ago, PetHesedZao said:

Look at the Gospels; when did Jesus do His first miracle?

The burden of proof is on your shoulders and not the readers.

If you can't prove your argument then why should anyone else labor for you?

And this is a Protestant website. We acknowledge only one baptism:

Nicene Creed: We acknowledge one baptism for the remission of sins.

Ephesians 4:5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism,

PetHesedZao

There are 3 Baptisms but ONLY one saves us. Jesus went through all 3 of them in reverse. The DeBuaRe (death burial and resurrection) is the One Baptism which Paul mentioned in Ephesians 4. The other 2 are water and Spirit baptism. 

Guest William
4 minutes ago, PetHesedZao said:

There are 3 Baptisms but ONLY one saves us. Jesus went through all 3 of them in reverse. The DeBuaRe (death burial and resurrection) is the One Baptism which Paul mentioned in Ephesians 4. The other 2 are water and Spirit baptism. 

You were issued a verbal warning. Please acknowledge it because until you do you can't respond.

Please provide Scriptural proof texts (baptism saves us).

NorrinRadd

This exchange prompts two questions:

Is it the official position of this site that traditional Pentecostals -- e.g. the Assemblies of God and the Foursquare Church, both of which regard Spirit-baptism and water baptism as distinct -- are heretics?

Is so-called "baptismal regeneration" the official position of this site?

PetHesedZao

When one becomes born again they go through the Baptism which Jesus went through as prophesied in Luke 12:50. This is the One Baptism which saves us. Water baptism is an outward act or confirmation that one has been raised from death unto life; in itself it can NEVER EVER save us. The 3rd baptism is the one that took place on the Day of Pentecost when those present were baptized with the Holy Spirit and spoke with new tongues. Every believer is qualified for this baptism as John the Baptist foretells in all four gospels, plus the Acts confirms this baptism too. 

Jesus said that we will do greater works than He has done because He was one man, we are many therefore we are empowered to do the greater works.

Matthew 20:22-23 Jesus tells His disciples that they would be baptized with the Holy Spirit,  the same baptism He received when the Spirit descended on Him as a dove. 

3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. these verses are referring to the One Baptism that saves us ie the DeBuaRe of Christ Jesus.

Galatians 3:27 is the Baptism that saves us

13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. this verse also talks about the One Baptism which saves us.

Guest Becky
On 8/21/2019 at 3:56 PM, PetHesedZao said:

image.png.a7ac44148ff6a34967a6d10c1cf8cba4.png

Guest William
On 8/25/2019 at 2:20 AM, NorrinRadd said:

Is it the official position of this site that traditional Pentecostals -- e.g. the Assemblies of God and the Foursquare Church, both of which regard Spirit-baptism and water baptism as distinct -- are heretics?

No, but I'm sure we'll disagree as to what these entail.

On 8/25/2019 at 2:20 AM, NorrinRadd said:

Is so-called "baptismal regeneration" the official position of this site?

No, that is the position of Catholics, Lutherans, and Church of Christ.

The best we each can do is present our positions and let others decide which is more Scripturally accurate.

PetHesedZao

There are three Baptisms and Jesus went through all of them in reverse

Guest William
25 minutes ago, PetHesedZao said:

There are three Baptisms and Jesus went through all of them in reverse

black and white moonwalk GIF

PetHesedZao

Jesus went through 1 water baptism 2 Spirit baptism and 3 the DeBuaRe baptism. All believers are commissioned to go through 2 out of 3.

PetHesedZao

Read what Paul wrote about the human Jesus in Philippians 2.

Jesus would not be qualified to judge all men if He lived as God on this Earth. It was because He humbled Himself and took on the form of a servant that God has exalted and appointed Him to be the Righteous Judge of all 

Guest Becky
4 minutes ago, PetHesedZao said:

Read what Paul wrote about the human Jesus in Philippians 2.

Are you of the dispensational camp?