SovereignGraceSingles

Welcome to SovereignGraceSingles.com. Where Reformed Faith and Romance Come Together! We are the only Christian dating website for Christian Singles in the Reformed Faith worldwide. Our focus is to bring together Christian singles of all ages. Reformed single Christian men and women who wish to meet other Reformed Christian singles for spiritually, like-minded, loving relationships.
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” - Genesis 2:18
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

Meet Like Minded Believers Can two walk together except they be agreed? - Amos 3:3
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

SGS offers a "fenced" community: both for private single members and also a public Protestant forums open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene-derived Christian Church.
Join us now

Poll Question: The Sabbath?

Poll Question: The Sabbath?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Under the New Covenant are Christians required to keep the Sabbath?

• Yes
    • No

Under the New Covenant are Christian required to keep the Sabbath?  Has the ongoing debate here on the forum changed anyone's mind?

Guest Becky

Christ is my rest . I have not found any who keeps the Sabbath as described in Scripture. 

1 hour ago, Becky said:

Christ is my rest . I have not found any who keeps the Sabbath as described in Scripture. 

well done ok GIF

Guest William

I believe the "Sabbath" is still in effect and commanded.

1. I do not believe we "keep" the Sabbath according to a customary or traditional calendar and planetary or lunar alignment. But I do believe from the pattern set forth from creation 1 day in 7 we are to rest.
  2. I do not believe we "keep" the Sabbath according to the practices and traditions as maligned and recorded in Scripture but I do believe Jesus exampled proper Sabbath keeping.
  3. I do not believe we "keep" the Sabbath for our Justification, but I do believe the Sabbath is kept as a standard by which we are being made holy in our sanctification.
  4. I do not believe we "keep" the Sabbath according to Jewish custom, but by the authority of the Apostles the Sabbath is kept on the First day of the week when we are to rest in the Lord and Worship Him (Christian Sabbath). Arguably this is a Tradition, but nonetheless the First Day of the Week is a Scriptural Tradition based on 1-3 but not limited to.
  5. I reject Apostolic Succession in that the Catholic church has the authority by the power invested in successive apostleship as though the office is still open to make new Tradition which is as authoritative as Scripture.

rstrats
On 8/29/2019 at 10:33 AM, William said:

...by the authority of the Apostles the Sabbath is kept on the First day of the week... 

I'm not aware of any apostolic authority in scripture which indicates that.  What do you have in mind?

rstrats
7 hours ago, William said:
WWW.LIGONIER.ORG

As the emissaries of Christ commissioned to provide the foundation for the church, the apostles were granted special authority to speak for Jesus to...

William,
Sorry; when you wrote "authority of the Apostles" and " Scriptural Tradition" I thought you were referring to the apostles mentioned in scripture. 

Guest William
43 minutes ago, rstrats said:

William,
Sorry; when you wrote "authority of the Apostles" and " Scriptural Tradition" I thought you were referring to the apostles mentioned in scripture. 

Can't make it anymore clearer.

rstrats

William,
re:   "Can't make it anymore clearer."

I don't understand. Anymore clear about what?

Mountainmanbob

We just think it to be a good idea to go to Church on Sunday and then come home and have it be a day of rest.

M-Bob 

27 minutes ago, Mountainmanbob said:

We just think it to be a good idea to go to Church on Sunday and then come home and have it be a day of rest.

M-Bob 

Please vote.

Mountainmanbob
1 hour ago, Origen said:

Please vote.

Thanks for reminding me.

Voted yes but, is it a must?

Hard one to call?

But, one day of rest to honor our God seems to be recommended and the lest we can do.

We can be good at lest.

M-Bob 

Edited by Mountainmanbob

Mountainmanbob
6 hours ago, Mountainmanbob said:

M-Bob 

Did God take a day of rest?

Did He really have to do that?

No but, apparently He thought we did.

M-Bob 

Knotical
14 hours ago, Mountainmanbob said:

Did God take a day of rest?

Did He really have to do that?

No but, apparently He thought we did.

M-Bob 

Lead by example?

Mountainmanbob
1 hour ago, Knotical said:

Lead by example?

Is that what you do?

Or just advice given?

M-Bob 

Knotical
18 minutes ago, Mountainmanbob said:

Is that what you do?

Or just advice given?

M-Bob 

Is that what God's doing?

Mountainmanbob

Don't have an answer for that?

Do you?

Sure hope not.

Have a blessed day, 

(Sunday) 

Church and Day of Rest here.

M-Bob 

Knotical
2 minutes ago, Mountainmanbob said:

Don't have an answer for that?

Do you?

Sure hope not.

Have a blessed day, 

(Sunday) 

Church and Day of Rest here.

M-Bob 

Wouldn't the answer be in the bible?

Mountainmanbob

All answers are in the Bible.

So far this is easy this morning. 

Have a good day in Church.

M-Bob 

rstrats

Mountainmanbob,
re:  "Have a blessed day,  (Sunday)"

Just so it's understood that the 1st day of the week - if by Sunday you mean the 1st day of the week - is never blessed in scripture.   

Guest William
8 hours ago, rstrats said:

Mountainmanbob,
re:  "Have a blessed day,  (Sunday)"

Just so it's understood that the 1st day of the week - if by Sunday you mean the 1st day of the week - is never blessed in scripture.   

So the day the saints come into communion in remembrance of Jesus Christ's death as well as the day of His Resurrection has no blessing?

Faber
2 hours ago, William said:

So the day the saints come into communion in remembrance of Jesus Christ's death as well as the day of His Resurrection has no blessing?

I would think so since the profound blessing involved in this remembrance (1 Corinthians 10:16). We are truly blessed because of it. In it we bless God/Christ and He blesses us and in this fellowship. The Christian is also blessed by the presence of other believers as well.

rstrats

William,
re:  "So the day the saints come into communion in remembrance of Jesus Christ's death and the day of His Resurrection is not blessed?"  

Maybe, maybe not.  Scripture is silent with regard to anyone meeting on the 1st day of the week in remembrance of the Messiah's resurrection. 

Edited by rstrats

Antus67

I vote yes though the Scripture is silent on this issue for me honoring the Lord and resting and praying and attending church is a must.