SovereignGraceSingles

Welcome to SovereignGraceSingles.com. Where Reformed Faith and Romance Come Together! We are the only Christian dating website for Christian Singles in the Reformed Faith worldwide. Our focus is to bring together Christian singles of all ages. Reformed single Christian men and women who wish to meet other Reformed Christian singles for spiritually, like-minded, loving relationships.
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” - Genesis 2:18
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

Meet Like Minded Believers Can two walk together except they be agreed? - Amos 3:3
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

SGS offers a "fenced" community: both for private single members and also a public Protestant forums open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene-derived Christian Church.
Join us now
E Morales

Voting for the less evil person, is this a sin?

E Morales

I was a Democrat, then I became a Republican, now I'm a Independent voter. I believe there will be a day when Christians will not vote. Would you support a candidate the said yes to gay marriages, abortion, and drug users of marijuana?

• Like 1

Faber

Hello EM and welcome to ChristForums,

Your first sentence describes me as well.

If all the well-known candidates supported what you described then I would vote for another candidate if they didn't share those views. Even if this person would most likely not win my conscience would be much at ease knowing I had conducted myself in the proper way in how I voted (cf. Hebrews 13:18).

• Love 1

NorrinRadd

Nitpick:  The Subject line refers to the "less evil person," but the post itself is about POLICIES.  This is not a complaint.  IMO, we need to vote for the person we believe will promote the least-evil policies, and basically hold our noses in regard to their personal character.

This is not a theocracy or theonomy, so I don't expect leaders to base policy decisions on Christian principles.  There must be sound secular reasons to promote or oppose legislation.  In that light, I do not have strong views on either gay marriage or drug legalization, in terms of public policy.  I believe the Church should oppose both, but that is a separate matter.  I lean toward the idea that drugs, including marijuana, are harmful, but pragmatically speaking, prohibition did not work well in regard to alcohol, so...

Abortion is another matter.  One need not be a Christian to oppose killing innocent defenseless humans.  I never vote for a candidate that I know to not be Pro-Life.  That rules out virtually all Democrats, some Republicans, and most Libertarians (the party does not call itself "Pro-Choice," but their official stated position is exactly that, while eschewing the label).  Honestly, even voting for most supposedly "Pro-Life" candidates is a huge moral compromise, since most of them are officially ok with killing babies conceived by rape or incest, or with leaving it up to individual States to determine when killing babies is ok.

Mountainmanbob
On 9/14/2019 at 9:57 AM, E Morales said:

I was a Democrat, then I became a Republican, now I'm a Independent voter. I believe there will be a day when Christians will not vote. Would you support a candidate the said yes to gay marriages, abortion, and drug users of marijuana?

No on most of those.

Looks like marijuana is here to stay.

I hate abortion. 

M-Bob 

E Morales
On 9/17/2019 at 7:40 PM, Mountainmanbob said:

No on most of those.

Looks like marijuana is here to stay.

I hate abortion. 

M-Bob 

That shampoo smells good...  😁

joe biden GIF

Mountainmanbob
53 minutes ago, E Morales said:

That shampoo smells good...  😁

joe biden GIF

Say one thing about him.

A very good sniffer. 

Stay away from my wife.

M-Bob 

Knotical

When it comes to supporting a specific individual (I don't really support parties) I will always vote for the higher moral ground, even if that means a write in or third party.  Obviously, many people consider voting for anything other than the two major parties is a wasted vote, but the more people who will actually willingly vote for a third party will finally start to send messages to those big two that we are tired of the same old flavors wrapped in different packaging.

E Morales
18 minutes ago, Knotical said:

When it comes to supporting a specific individual (I don't really support parties) I will always vote for the higher moral ground, even if that means a write in or third party.  Obviously, many people consider voting for anything other than the two major parties is a wasted vote, but the more people who will actually willingly vote for a third party will finally start to send messages to those big two that we are tired of the same old flavors wrapped in different packaging.

I am a Independent Voter, and have not seen a third party yet that match moral grounds yet?

Knotical
2 minutes ago, E Morales said:

I am a Independent Voter, and have not seen a third party yet that match moral grounds yet?

The only time, so far, that I have written someone in was when Romney was "running" against Obama.  I wrote in Ron Paul.  I would have had no problem voting for Rand in the last election had he stayed in past the New Hampshire primary.

E Morales
2 minutes ago, Knotical said:

The only time, so far, that I have written someone in was when Romney was "running" against Obama.  I wrote in Ron Paul.  I would have had no problem voting for Rand in the last election had he stayed in past the New Hampshire primary.

Well in 2025 will have Pence running?

Knotical
12 minutes ago, E Morales said:

Well in 2025 will have Pence running?

The only reason I would consider backing any president after Trump is if they not only hold to traditional biblical values, but are also successfully business minded.  Does Pence have a history of running successful businesses, and/or able to turn failing enterprises around to be profitable?

I have long held the opinion that the president of this country should be a businessman, not a politician.  And that is who we have now, and will need long after.

E Morales
15 minutes ago, Knotical said:

The only reason I would consider backing any president after Trump is if they not only hold to traditional biblical values, but are also successfully business minded.  Does Pence have a history of running successful businesses, and/or able to turn failing enterprises around to be profitable?

I have long held the opinion that the president of this country should be a businessman, not a politician.  And that is who we have now, and will need long after.

After 8 years of training he should.

• Yay 1

JustinJanoski

Look up Hegelian dialectic - that is basically what the democrat vs republican farce is all about, no matter what puppet is selected all I see is a steady move towards gun control, and violation of rights. It's just a matter of what face do you want taking away your rights? A conservative one or a liberal one? In some ways having a more evil or democratic president would be a more "honest" portrayal of what our leadership is like and it may even bring about a much needed revolution. A "conservative" will just make americans feel more comfortable but would be pushing the agenda behind their backs like trump.

Overall I choose not to participate. The last candidate to run that was any good was Ron Paul he got the phone call and decided to step down (most likely to protect his family)

We live in a country that is run and owned by a foreign power. Our congressmen must pledge loyalty to that power to stay in office. So apart from trying to influence local government at best you are wasting your time at higher levels.

davidstarcher

I don't vote for a candidate as much as I vote against a candidate by voting for their only electible opponent who I see as the lesser of the two evils. The US government is set up nationally and locally with a plurality voting system (First past the post wins all) and consequently Duverger's law holds that the two party system was and is the most likely outcome. You can vote for someone else who is an independent or a third party  if it makes your conscience feel better but  you are in fact throwing away your vote and essentially opting out of any real participation in the outcome which  is no different in effect then just not voting.