SovereignGraceSingles

Welcome to SovereignGraceSingles.com. Where Reformed Faith and Romance Come Together! We are the only Christian dating website for Christian Singles in the Reformed Faith worldwide. Our focus is to bring together Christian singles of all ages. Reformed single Christian men and women who wish to meet other Reformed Christian singles for spiritually, like-minded, loving relationships.
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” - Genesis 2:18
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

Meet Like Minded Believers Can two walk together except they be agreed? - Amos 3:3
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

SGS offers a "fenced" community: both for private single members and also a public Protestant forums open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene-derived Christian Church.
Join us now
TomFarlan

Starting to lose faith in Trumps leadership

TomFarlan
WWW.CHRISTIANITYTODAY.COM

While Trump defends US withdrawal, advocates fear “Turkey will...

After reading up on Turkey im starting to lose faith in Trump. Lets bring the troops home whitout putting christians in harms way. 

Edited by TomFarlan

Guest William
8 hours ago, TomFarlan said:
WWW.CHRISTIANITYTODAY.COM

While Trump defends US withdrawal, advocates fear “Turkey will...

After reading up on Turkey im starting to lose faith in Trump. Lets bring the troops home whitout putting christians in harms way. 

Why doesn't the state of Israel do something?

Knotical

On the one hand I can see where we might want to stick around for certain groups, but is it really our fight?  Basically, the issue has been something long standing between Turkey and Syria, which is not something we should be getting involved in in the first place.  We need to stop trying to solve other people's problems and focus on ours.  And for those people we want to protect Christians living in the area, that is commendable, but that can be handled through non-profit organizations.  They don't necessarily have to live there.  Of course I say that thinking it might be easy to move, and it may not, but there are always options.  We can't lay all of the world's problems at the feet of our government.  It is possible to solve certain problems without military intervention.

Antus67

I have to agree with Knotical let these countries handle their own problems and the US stay out of it. Turkey has entered Syria but......................Syria is doing nothing to protect their own country. It was asked why Turkey is attacking the Kurd's........................doing World War 1 the Kurd's took over and claimed part of Turkeys land...........Turkey wanted it back and the Kurd's said no....................so there goes the conflict.

Guest William

Obama refused to intervene and come to the rescue of Christians until Putin announced Russia's intervention on behalf of the Christian genocides. Russia even offered free passage to Russia for Christian refugees. Obama then decided to intervene once Russia engaged in the conflict. I was never sure myself that we took the right side in tribal wars that have been going on for centuries, but under Obama's leadership we so happened to take the opposite side of Russia. The Syrian Christians don't want to leave. That is a fact, so what are our options? 

I see that Israeli state flag flying so why don't they do something about it?

Guest William

Russia.jpg.601bbb8e2c9ec519ce4cdad30d41397f.jpg

Russian orthodox priest blesses a fighter jet on airfield

Just a reminder:

1. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2015/10/01/the-christian-zeal-behind-russias-war-in-syria/
  2. https://institute.global/insight/co-existence/defender-faith-russias-holy-war-syria

And this is the side under Obama we fought for:

1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEZUraRor1o
  2. https://www.cnn.com/2013/05/14/world/meast/syria-eaten-heart/index.html

We entered a war against another superpower which presented its intervention on behalf of Christians. IMO, Obama pitted Christians against Christians. 

E Morales

Border Control, I am glad were not the police of this World anymore. Where is the United Nation, and what are they doing to help? Need more USA $$$$

dog playing GIF

Guest William
50 minutes ago, E Morales said:

Border Control, I am glad were not the police of this World anymore. Where is the United Nation, and what are they doing to help? Need more USA $$$$

dog playing GIF

Just curious, are you proposing to give jurisdiction to the U.N. over our borders? 

Knotical

Well, it is a step in the right direction.  At least for now. 

Now we can pull our troops out of there and if they want to go back to blowing each other up, so be it.  If they can't figure out a better way to resolve their conflict why should we continue to try to stand in their way and get our own people injured/killed.  Not our circus, not our monkeys.

Guest William
3 minutes ago, Knotical said:

Well, it is a step in the right direction.  At least for now. 

Now we can pull our troops out of there and if they want to go back to blowing each other up, so be it.  If they can't figure out a better way to resolve their conflict why should we continue to try to stand in their way and get our own people injured/killed.  Not our circus, not our monkeys.

Couldn't agree more. 

Antus67
4 hours ago, William said:

4 hours ago, William said:

Obama refused to intervene and come to the rescue of Christians until Putin announced Russia's intervention on behalf of the Christian genocides. Russia even offered free passage to Russia for Christian refugees. Obama then decided to intervene once Russia engaged in the conflict. I was never sure myself that we took the right side in tribal wars that have been going on for centuries, but under Obama's leadership we so happened to take the opposite side of Russia. The Syrian Christians don't want to leave. That is a fact, so what are our options? 

I see that Israeli state flag flying so why don't they do something about it?

William hit this right on the nail,Obama did not care about the Christians only for his agenda. Israel  has no use for Turkey

Antus67

In the early 60's I was stationed in turkey and had the opportunity to talk and listen to the average Turkish people.Its the government that is causing these problems not the average citizen.

Guest William
2 minutes ago, Antus67 said:

In the early 60's I was stationed in turkey and had the opportunity to talk and listen to the average Turkish people.Its the government that is causing these problems not the average citizen.

What I didn't understand about the side we took under Obama is that under Assad's rule Christians and Muslims lived together. Why was it such a imperative for the U.S. to take up sides against Assad and Russia? 

Antus67

The US was fearful Russia would gain more control

Guest William
2 minutes ago, Antus67 said:

The US was fearful Russia would gain more control

Obviously, despite being on the wrong side of a conflict power and authority were obviously more important motivational factors under Obama. Wouldn't be the first time the US tried to destabilize an area for personal gain such as under Carter in Iranian affairs.

Antus67
4 minutes ago, William said:

Obviously, despite being on the wrong side of a conflict power and authority were obviously more important motivational factors under Obama. Wouldn't be the first time the US tried to destabilize an area for personal gain such as under Carter in Iranian affairs.

AMEN TO THAT BROTHER

TomFarlan

Sure Obama is to blame, as is the UN and Israel, and the europeans should man up. But you have to play the hand you're dealt and in the end of the day Trump gave Erdogan the green light. No no fly zone, no clear restrictions, just vauge warnings... I agree 100% with Trump, big picture. But he is of track in Syria. Letting jihadist slaugher christians, is not the way to go

Edited by TomFarlan

Guest William
7 minutes ago, TomFarlan said:

Letting jihadist slaugher christians, is not the way to go

Just curious because it is a pesky question that comes to mind. Syrian Christians don't want to leave and I'm wondering whether they are willing to fight? How many Syrian Christians are pacifist? And do the majority of them want others to sacrifice lives on their behalf? 

Who in their right mind would just allow Jihadist to slaughter them?

If the Syrian Christians are pacifist perhaps we should learn from history and come revisit in a couple of hundred years? That is, following the steps of the church when she went from pacifist onto her first crusades?

Antus67
3 minutes ago, TomFarlan said:

Sure Obama is to blame, as is the UN and Israel, and the europeans should man up. But you have to play the hand you're dealt and in the end of the day Trump gave Erdogan the green light. No no fly zone, no clear restrictions, just vauge warnings... I agree 100% with Trump, big picture. But he is of track in Syria. Letting jihadist slaugher christians, is not the way to goy

The US has to be very careful on handling this problem as it can turn into a powder keg. The US is allies with Turkey as well as with Syria..............Syria needs to step up to the plate and confront jihdiist and put a stop to this slaughter.

Knotical
Just now, Antus67 said:

The US has to be very careful on handling this problem as it can turn into a powder keg. The US is allies with Turkey as well as with Syria..............Syria needs to step up to the plate and confront jihdiist and put a stop to this slaughter.

Nah, now that Trump has basically secured a window of opportunity to get our troops out we should do just that.  Let them sort it out after the cease-fire.

TomFarlan

Second in command of the SDF is a christian, but since they are up against second biggest NATO army (next to the US) along with al-quida alies slaughter is immanet. 

E Morales

@William  Nice, good job Mike.

E Morales
1 hour ago, William said:

Just curious, are you proposing to give jurisdiction to the U.N. over our borders? 

Now that’s funny, joke of the day. 😂