SovereignGraceSingles

Welcome to SovereignGraceSingles.com. Where Reformed Faith and Romance Come Together! We are the only Christian dating website for Christian Singles in the Reformed Faith worldwide. Our focus is to bring together Christian singles of all ages. Reformed single Christian men and women who wish to meet other Reformed Christian singles for spiritually, like-minded, loving relationships.
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” - Genesis 2:18
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

Meet Like Minded Believers Can two walk together except they be agreed? - Amos 3:3
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

SGS offers a "fenced" community: both for private single members and also a public Protestant forums open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene-derived Christian Church.
Join us now
TomFarlan

Starting to lose faith in Trumps leadership

Guest Becky

Commander and Chief of the US forces not the world. 

Matthew A.Duvall
3 hours ago, E Morales said:

Border Control, I am glad were not the police of this World anymore. Where is the United Nation, and what are they doing to help? Need more USA $$$$

dog playing GIF

I can't tell the difference. Is the dog just playing with this critter, or is he dead serous in keeping him off of his turf ? 

Faber

Just wondering William how do you feel about US troops stationed in South Korea? I sometimes wonder if we should still be there. I mean the SK military is much stronger than it was in 1950 when the war started. 

Guest William
21 minutes ago, Faber said:

Just wondering William how do you feel about US troops stationed in South Korea? I sometimes wonder if we should still be there. I mean the SK military is much stronger than it was in 1950 when the war started. 

To be quite honest I haven't paid this question much thought. We've been there before I was born. My relatives live there. My forefathers served in combat there. 

If I am correct South Korea is denuclearized? Correct me if wrong, but like Japan such an pact ensures our protection as long as "they leave that up to us"? 

Now if I am also correct, from my past research every American South Korean exercise ends in a nuclear solution. From what I remember, North Koreans are straight shooters. I recall documentaries of American soldiers landing on the battle ground in Korea against the North which immediately crawled up into fetal positions. With the indoctrination of the N.Koreans, like the Japanese we will have to face killing every man, woman, and child in a ground war. If that be the only means, that is to wipe out an entire country then why not spare our lives and commit a preemptive strike? 

I guess now thinking about this for only a few minutes I recall a popular Conservative rule which is "Peace through Strength". Our presence and military might alone is enough to establish peace. I don't know if China would ever allow an ally of the U.S. right up to its border? Weren't something like 2 million Chinese ready to battle during the push by MacArthur if he didn't stop at a certain river? 

Faber
21 minutes ago, William said:

I don't know if China would ever allow an ally of the U.S. right up to its border? Weren't something like 2 million Chinese ready to battle during the push by MacArthur if he didn't stop at a certain river? 

I once read an opinion that if North and South Korea ever achieved reunification that US troops should simply remain in the South (below the 38th parallel). Keep the 4 kilometer DMZ as a animal/nature sanctuary.

The one problem I see though is that if we remained below the 38th parallel I am not sure if the Chinese would refrain from entering into the North and then just take over and insist that it is part of China - they seem to do this with territory that doesn't belong to them (Tibet, their fake islands in the South China Sea, etc.). The situation will be as if unification never happened. Instead of North and South Korea being divided it will be the province of China called North Korea that is divided from South Korea.

Yes, China did enter the war. The UN troops were at the Yalu River (Amnok Kang in Korean) that is pretty much when the Chinese volunteers entered. MacArthur believed that China never would enter the war, but they did. He wanted to nuke 'em, but Truman said no.

Faber

I remember reading awhile back that Pyongyang (the capital of North Korea) was once known as being the Jerusalem of the East because so many Christians lived there and were quite fervent about the gospel.

https://www.challies.com/articles/what-city-was-once-the-jerusalem-of-the-east/

There are times I seriously consider about returning to teach in South Korea. I do meet and sometimes talk to them in the Philippines. Many vacation there and quite a few send there children to international school and/or universities there. Just this past summer my family went swimming at a pool and about 50 South Korean high school students were there. It was great talking with them and when I find out they attended a Christian school it was even better.