SovereignGraceSingles

Welcome to SovereignGraceSingles.com. Where Reformed Faith and Romance Come Together! We are the only Christian dating website for Christian Singles in the Reformed Faith worldwide. Our focus is to bring together Christian singles of all ages. Reformed single Christian men and women who wish to meet other Reformed Christian singles for spiritually, like-minded, loving relationships.
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” - Genesis 2:18
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

Meet Like Minded Believers Can two walk together except they be agreed? - Amos 3:3
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

SGS offers a "fenced" community: both for private single members and also a public Protestant forums open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene-derived Christian Church.
Join us now
Guest William

If Scripture Alone Is Sufficient, Can You Be Saved Without Hearing the Word of God?

Guest William

How should you evaluate claims of Christian conversion that don’t involve exposure to the Word of God? This question has taken on greater significance in recent years, as a growing number of Muslims claim to have been saved through dreams in which Jesus appeared to them.

We recently put that question to Justin Peters, one of the keynote speakers at our upcoming Truth Matters conference. Here’s how he responded:

Matthew A.Duvall
On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 11:13 AM, William said:

How should you evaluate claims of Christian conversion that don’t involve exposure to the Word of God? This question has taken on greater significance in recent years, as a growing number of Muslims claim to have been saved through dreams in which Jesus appeared to them.

We recently put that question to Justin Peters, one of the keynote speakers at our upcoming Truth Matters conference. Here’s how he responded:

I believe that  anyone who is genuinely converted must have some credence of actually seeing and being able to identify with the gospel message of Jesus Christ.  I do not believe that Jesus reveals himself by dreams and visions to anyone . And would be suspect if anyone told me that was the "first cause" of their salvation. The truth remains; why would Jesus want to reveal himself to only a few and basically renounce the majority of genuine believers ?    M

FalconMan

I've heard it argued that people can come to faith by viewing creation and its complexity.  How does one understand the concept of sin and salvation from it though?

Guest theophilus
7 hours ago, FalconMan said:

I've heard it argued that people can come to faith by viewing creation and its complexity.  How does one understand the concept of sin and salvation from it though?

Creation reveals the existence and power of God.  That is the first step toward salvation but by itself it isn't enough.  The knowledge that God exists should cause someone to seek more information about him.

Chaplain Carter

Well, the demons know who God is, but they're not saved by that knowledge.

I had a dream not that long ago of a shiny new PC on my desk, but that hasn't materialized into anything I can code with. I'll keep you posted if it suddenly 'appears'.

Scripture is pretty clear about it - the whole John 3:16 thing is kind of hard to pass by. It doesn't say,

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever dreams about Him should not perish but have everlasting life."

It actually says,

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."

It requires belief, and believing requires faith (even Peter needed faith to believe and he was physically present with Jesus)  - a faith that opens our spiritual eyes not only to the reality of God, but who Jesus is - then we can begin to understand (know) of the importance of the cross and Christ crucified.

On 11/12/2019 at 3:45 AM, theophilus said:

Creation reveals the existence and power of God.  That is the first step toward salvation but by itself it isn't enough.  The knowledge that God exists should cause someone to seek more information about him.

That pretty much sums it up. Romans 1 states EVERYONE knows about God, knows that there is God, but they are in various states of denial and refutation.

I used to dream about being a fighter pilot, but I've never driven anything better than a Piper P200R (Single engine puddle-jumper with retractable gears.) I can dream all I want of driving an F18/C, but those dreams will never place me in the front seat with $72 million of the US Taxpayer's hardware at my fingertips.

Guest William
On 1/10/2020 at 12:44 PM, Chaplain Carter said:

Well, the demons know who God is, but they're not saved by that knowledge.

I had a dream not that long ago of a shiny new PC on my desk, but that hasn't materialized into anything I can code with. I'll keep you posted if it suddenly 'appears'.

Scripture is pretty clear about it - the whole John 3:16 thing is kind of hard to pass by. It doesn't say,

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever dreams about Him should not perish but have everlasting life."

It actually says,

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."

It requires belief, and believing requires faith (even Peter needed faith to believe and he was physically present with Jesus)  - a faith that opens our spiritual eyes not only to the reality of God, but who Jesus is - then we can begin to understand (know) of the importance of the cross and Christ crucified.

That pretty much sums it up. Romans 1 states EVERYONE knows about God, knows that there is God, but they are in various states of denial and refutation.

I used to dream about being a fighter pilot, but I've never driven anything better than a Piper P200R (Single engine puddle-jumper with retractable gears.) I can dream all I want of driving an F18/C, but those dreams will never place me in the front seat with $72 million of the US Taxpayer's hardware at my fingertips.

Couldn't agree more. I like how you mentioned "know" of the "importance of the cross of Christ crucified". I used to have a lot of people tell me that it isn't about knowledge. And then they'd smack me up the head with the notion that it's about "LOVE"!

These very same people seemingly were allergic to higher learning, theological studies, etc. My only response was how do we love someone we know nothing about? Anyhoot, nicely stated. I remembered faith is not in or of ourselves [wrong object] but looks outside of ourselves towards the object of faith Jesus Christ which lays hold of Jesus' alien righteousness. That connection does require knowledge. And as you stated we may have faith which everyone does but there's a difference between faith in the wrong object [idolatry] and saving faith in Jesus Christ. Now I'm not suggesting that if I place my faith in a chair to support my weight that I am committing idolatry but nothing more than that is still faith when plopping one's weight in a chair without testing the chair first. Everyone has a degree of faith. Too bad Satan's faith was more in exalting his throne [chair] above God which ultimately led him to fall. 

Isaiah 14

12  “How you are fallen from heaven,

O Day Star, son of Dawn!

How you are cut down to the ground,

you who laid the nations low!

13  You said in your heart,

I will ascend to heaven;

above the stars of God

I will set my throne on high;

I will sit on the mount of assembly

in the far reaches of the north;

14  I will ascend above the heights of the clouds;