SovereignGraceSingles

Welcome to SovereignGraceSingles.com. Where Reformed Faith and Romance Come Together! We are the only Christian dating website for Christian Singles in the Reformed Faith worldwide. Our focus is to bring together Christian singles of all ages. Reformed single Christian men and women who wish to meet other Reformed Christian singles for spiritually, like-minded, loving relationships.
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” - Genesis 2:18
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

Meet Like Minded Believers Can two walk together except they be agreed? - Amos 3:3
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

SGS offers a "fenced" community: both for private single members and also a public Protestant forums open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene-derived Christian Church.
Join us now
bcbsr

Prov: Rescue 24:11

bcbsr

RESCUE 24:11

Pr 24:11 Rescue those being led away to death; hold back those staggering toward slaughter  If you say, "But we knew nothing about this," does not he who weighs the heart perceive it? Does not he who guards your life know it? Will he not repay each person according to what he has done?

If you didn't know about this rescue mission you were called to - WELL NOW YOU KNOW! People's eternal destiny is in the balance. And God has not only allowed Christians to be involved in their rescue, He has called us to do so. Jesus was sent on a rescue mission. And he prayed to the Father, "As you sent me into the world, I have sent them into the world." John 17:18

Yes, you are sent on a mission. So consider the training and resources you need to accomplish your mission, and get to it.

The Berean Christian Bible Study Resources

Matthew A.Duvall
On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 10:55 AM, bcbsr said:

RESCUE 24:11

Pr 24:11 Rescue those being led away to death; hold back those staggering toward slaughter  If you say, "But we knew nothing about this," does not he who weighs the heart perceive it? Does not he who guards your life know it? Will he not repay each person according to what he has done?

If you didn't know about this rescue mission you were called to - WELL NOW YOU KNOW! People's eternal destiny is in the balance. And God has not only allowed Christians to be involved in their rescue, He has called us to do so. Jesus was sent on a rescue mission. And he prayed to the Father, "As you sent me into the world, I have sent them into the world." John 17:18

Yes, you are sent on a mission. So consider the training and resources you need to accomplish your mission, and get to it.

The Berean Christian Bible Study Resources

I've never regarded  passages like the one you quoted in John 17:18 as a direct commandment of the Lord that pertains to the saints in our day and age. I also feel the same about when the work of Jesus was finished and He closes out the gospel messages with the same statement. In Matt. 28:18 for instance ,Jesus is passing down a commandment to His disciples telling them to "  Go out into all the nations ,baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit ,teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo..I am with you even to the end of the age."  These are the last words of Jesus as repeated by  the rest of the gospel   writers . I believe that that Jesus was only referring to His disciples and does not pertain to anything thing we may consider a commandment to be observed by the church today . Some will insist that it is a direct commandment of Jesus and we are to do the same . I might add that if we do this we are going to meet with great disappointment because the person or persons may not be marked out by God in advance to receive the gospel message because He never ordered it. There are churches that put their congregations on a "guilt trip" for not spreading the gospel message  to everyone they meet or every street corner they happen to be near .

" And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad and glorified the word of the Lord, And as many as had been appointed to eternal life, believed ."    Acts.13:48  M

bcbsr
8 hours ago, Matthew A.Duvall said:

I've never regarded  passages like the one you quoted in John 17:18 as a direct commandment of the Lord that pertains to the saints in our day and age. I also feel the same about when the work of Jesus was finished and He closes out the gospel messages with the same statement. In Matt. 28:18 for instance ,Jesus is passing down a commandment to His disciples telling them to "  Go out into all the nations ,baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit ,teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo..I am with you even to the end of the age."  These are the last words of Jesus as repeated by  the rest of the gospel   writers . I believe that that Jesus was only referring to His disciples and does not pertain to anything thing we may consider a commandment to be observed by the church today . Some will insist that it is a direct commandment of Jesus and we are to do the same . I might add that if we do this we are going to meet with great disappointment because the person or persons may not be marked out by God in advance to receive the gospel message because He never ordered it. There are churches that put their congregations on a "guilt trip" for not spreading the gospel message  to everyone they meet or every street corner they happen to be near .

" And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad and glorified the word of the Lord, And as many as had been appointed to eternal life, believed ."    Acts.13:48  M

To point out the obvious, note that Jesus told them, "go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you." And isn't that one of the things he commanded them, and thus it applies to all Christians?

Secondly, to again point out the obvious. If preaching the gospel and making disciples was restricted to the apostles, then there would be no new Christians after the apostles died. Doesn't it say, "How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them?" and "faith comes from hearing the message"

bcbsr
12 hours ago, Matthew A.Duvall said:

And thirdly, Luke and Mark were not apostles. So you're saying they should not have wrote their gospels.

Matthew A.Duvall
10 hours ago, bcbsr said:

And thirdly, Luke and Mark were not apostles. So you're saying they should not have wrote their gospels.

Luke was believed to be a Gentile believer. Though he never actually met Jesus , his entire gospel was based on the testimony of the other three gospel writers . He is also credited with writing the Book of Acts. He is also mentioned as a fellow missionary companion with Paul .

If Mark was not an apostle then what other title do you give him ?      M

1 hour ago, Matthew A.Duvall said:

his entire gospel was based on the testimony of the other three gospel writers .

Luke has material not found in the other Gospels.  Also Luke's Gospel shows no sign of being dependent on John's Gospel.

Matthew A.Duvall
2 hours ago, Origen said:

Luke has material not found in the other Gospels.  Also Luke's Gospel shows no sign of being dependent on John's Gospel.

I've always believed that Luke was not only the writer of Acts but of the Book of Hebrews also.    M .