SovereignGraceSingles

Welcome to SovereignGraceSingles.com. Where Reformed Faith and Romance Come Together! We are the only Christian dating website for Christian Singles in the Reformed Faith worldwide. Our focus is to bring together Christian singles of all ages. Reformed single Christian men and women who wish to meet other Reformed Christian singles for spiritually, like-minded, loving relationships.
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” - Genesis 2:18
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

Meet Like Minded Believers Can two walk together except they be agreed? - Amos 3:3
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

SGS offers a "fenced" community: both for private single members and also a public Protestant forums open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene-derived Christian Church.
Join us now
Solas

Musings

Solas

Instead of approaching matter in terms of mass, the Christian ought to approach matter in terms of energy (as explained in Einstein's theory of relativity of E=MC2).

Thus God speaks and matter/energy appears. Even it's appearance would not have been detected without the creation of the eye. The Word itself created that which would physically be perceived by the eye and ear.

Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.
(Heb 11:3)

The problem with those that try to explain where 'the first matter' (be it dust, spark etc.) is that they are always confronted with the ad infinitum dilemma of "where 'it' the dust, spark, etc. came from?".

One is pressed ultimately to an eternal self existent 'thing' whether it be eternal matter Or an eternal Being. Since matter does not come from nothing (unless you are ready to commit yourself), we are left with the option of an Eternal self existent Being capable of speaking matter into existence.

• Like 1

Faber

It seems the choice is between eternal matter or an eternal God.

• Like 1

Guest William
13 hours ago, Faber said:

Divine fiat? 

Had God formed or created matter? 

I began to respond but deleted my previous post. If preexisting matter existed and the universe resulted from it then I suppose there were laws in place which resulted in evolved states?

That implies intelligence from a Lawgiver. Or is the argument preexisting matter was in a chaotic state organized itself throughout an infinite time scale until randomness by chance aligned according to certain observable laws?

Guest Becky

God was once approached by a scientist who said, “Listen God, we’ve decided we don’t need you anymore. These days we can clone people, transplant organs and do all sorts of things that used to be considered miraculous.”

God replied, “Don’t need me huh? How about we put your theory to the test. Why don’t we have a competition to see who can make a human being, say, a male human being.”

The scientist agrees, so God declares they should do it like he did in the good old days when he created Adam.

“Fine” says the scientist as he bends down to scoop up a handful of dirt.”

“Whoa!” says God, shaking his head in disapproval. “Not so fast. You get your own dirt.”

Guest William

Here's my binary narrative of creation. God created zero [dark] which was empty and void [mind boggling since God is 1]. God said let there be 1 [light]. Zero was set into motion and round about from zero to 1. More 1s were created from zero to govern. With each rotation zero to 1 zero to 1 complexity was added. God said let there be partitions. He divided the hard drive of the world wide web and set apart CF. Then He said. ...

Revelation I will do a Hillary Clinton wiping the HD in a low level format of zeros and begin anew. Creating "a"new earth and heaven" from existing 1s.

Secularism has nothing on me!

Solas
6 hours ago, Becky said:

God was once approached by a scientist who said, “Listen God, we’ve decided we don’t need you anymore. These days we can clone people, transplant organs and do all sorts of things that used to be considered miraculous.”

God replied, “Don’t need me huh? How about we put your theory to the test. Why don’t we have a competition to see who can make a human being, say, a male human being.”

The scientist agrees, so God declares they should do it like he did in the good old days when he created Adam.

“Fine” says the scientist as he bends down to scoop up a handful of dirt.”

“Whoa!” says God, shaking his head in disapproval. “Not so fast. You get your own dirt.”

Today the scientist would come up against a brick wall regarding 'gender identity'. LOL 

Solas
6 hours ago, William said:

Or is the argument preexisting matter was in a chaotic state organized itself throughout an infinite time scale until randomness by chance aligned according to certain observable laws?

LOL Good one.

Solas
On 10/28/2019 at 11:42 PM, Faber said:

How about 'dumb matter' or an 'intelligent Being'?