SovereignGraceSingles

Welcome to SovereignGraceSingles.com. Where Reformed Faith and Romance Come Together! We are the only Christian dating website for Christian Singles in the Reformed Faith worldwide. Our focus is to bring together Christian singles of all ages. Reformed single Christian men and women who wish to meet other Reformed Christian singles for spiritually, like-minded, loving relationships.
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” - Genesis 2:18
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

Meet Like Minded Believers Can two walk together except they be agreed? - Amos 3:3
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

SGS offers a "fenced" community: both for private single members and also a public Protestant forums open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene-derived Christian Church.
Join us now
E Morales

Trump makes wrong choice this time

E Morales

By picking a woman a evangelist minister, for his spiritual guidance, divorced three times, mega church, and prosperity preacher and teaching.  MSN. Com Photo

A0974E57-C85F-4F8B-AFC6-69C26E10DDB6.jpeg

Knotical

This does not bode well, though I can kind of understand depending on how new of a convert he is.  Not quite being able to discern what is truth and what is false when it comes to doctrinal issues.  Hopefully, in his own personal studies in the bible he will come to realize he should be looking to more spiritual and theologically sound guidance.

Guest William
1 hour ago, E Morales said:

By picking a woman a evangelist minister, for his spiritual guidance, divorced three times, mega church, and prosperity preacher and teaching.  MSN. Com Photo

A0974E57-C85F-4F8B-AFC6-69C26E10DDB6.jpeg

The males on Trump's faith advisory team are not much better [theologically].

Knotical

He didn't pick Beth Moore, did he?  That would basically be the equivalent of picking Joel Osteen.

Guest William
4 minutes ago, Knotical said:

He didn't pick Beth Moore, did he?  That would basically be the equivalent of picking Joel Osteen.

Trump picked Kenneth Copeland is he "any" better than Osteen?

Knotical
3 minutes ago, William said:

That's debatable.  Copeland continues to spread his version of the gospel on TV, which may or may not attract more followers than the people filling the seats of Osteen's convention center in Houston.

Guest Becky

Sadly he is becoming a politician. 

Guest William
3 minutes ago, Knotical said:

That's debatable.  Copeland continues to spread his version of the gospel on TV, which may or may not attract more followers than the people filling the seats of Osteen's convention center in Houston.

Osteen has 7 million weekly viewers. Joel has just as much of a TV presence. 

E Morales
12 minutes ago, William said:

Why not Pence, Guide Trump ?

Guest William
Just now, E Morales said:

Why not Pence, Guide Trump ?

I have no idea about Pence's theology. He was Catholic now identifies as an Evangelical Republican. Whatever that means. 

Knotical
3 minutes ago, William said:

Osteen has 7 million weekly viewers. Joel has just as much of a TV presence. 

It is unfortunate there are so many people listening to their apostate messages, but on the other hand God can certainly use it toward His own ends.  I have seen similar messages preached at smaller churches where people started to attend after events like the Harvest Crusade and some of those people eventually move on to more biblically sound churches.

Guest William
17 minutes ago, Knotical said:

It is unfortunate there are so many people listening to their apostate messages, but on the other hand God can certainly use it toward His own ends.  I have seen similar messages preached at smaller churches where people started to attend after events like the Harvest Crusade and some of those people eventually move on to more biblically sound churches.

Yes, along those lines I think answering to a fool with folly sometimes points out the foolishness of a person. It as well as satire etc can be a powerful tool in exaggerating unrighteousness. And of course in the case you mentioned someone may not be wise [Osteen] but the foolishness and folly they are confronting others with has a similar effect on the Elect. It is a wonder why God ordains such a path for the Elect through such theological ghettos as Word of Faith and Prosperity Gospels etc Matthew 24:24. Such false teaching is barren and devoid of Godly wealth and prosperity. 

E Morales
24 minutes ago, William said:

I have no idea about Pence's theology. He was Catholic now identifies as an Evangelical Republican. Whatever that means. 

This means he was Catholic, and now found his new faith in Christ.

Guest William
Just now, E Morales said:

This means he was Catholic, and now found his new faith in Christ.

I am unconvinced. There are Evangelical Catholics. 

Antus67

Trump is a businessman that's a given. His spiritual convictions and guidance needs to be addressed which I believe in the long run will happen. IMHO he is one of the best Presidents we've ever had and his first term accomplishments needs to be applauded as he's done so much for the country.The Lord will guide him to higher grounds. As for picking a woman a evangelist minister, this is his choice lets not judge least we be judged.

Guest William
6 minutes ago, Antus67 said:

Trump is a businessman that's a given. His spiritual convictions and guidance needs to be addressed which I believe in the long run will happen. IMHO he is one of the best Presidents we've ever had and his first term accomplishments needs to be applauded as he's done so much for the country.The Lord will guide him to higher grounds. As for picking a woman a evangelist minister, this is his choice lets not judge least we be judged.

No doubt Trump is the best President of my lifetime beating Reagan's approval polling by the Republican party. However this hasn't anything to do with this particular topic. 

As far as not judging lest we be judged you're isolating that verse and taking it out of context. The way you're using it is used by the enemy in order to keep new converts and fence sitting Christians ignorant. We must learn to not only discern spiritual and theological matters but also judge righteously. 

440587157_DonotJudge.jpg.a876c078a4468dedd118c08472ee7067.jpg

God and Country, but God before Country. 

Antus67

Sorry William I don't agree with you. It is up to our Lord to judge not us we are to set a example for the non believers not pounding our chests and showing off to others that we are right and they are wrong.

Guest Becky
4 minutes ago, Antus67 said:

Sorry William I don't agree with you. It is up to our Lord to judge not us we are to set a example for the non believers not pounding our chests and showing off to others that we are right and they are wrong.

Are you suggesting you make zero judgments about anyone?  

Antus67
1 minute ago, Becky said:

Becky it is not up to us to make Judgments but to..............................set a example ......those that are non believers. We are not judges. the meaning of Judge is To judge is to form your own opinion..................... and being human can be misleading.

Guest Becky
1 minute ago, Antus67 said:

Becky it is not up to us to make Judgments but to..............................set a example ......those that are non believers. We are not judges. the meaning of Judge is To judge is to form your own opinion..................... and being human can be misleading.

The above reply  does not answer the simple direct question. 

Guest William
19 minutes ago, Antus67 said:

And that's your judgment. And you judged thinking you know the intentions of others. 

Knotical
24 minutes ago, Antus67 said:

You may think it is not our place to judge, but it is certainly our place to be discerning.  This comes into play when finding a place to worship.  This is why there are people who do not attend churches pastored by the likes of Joel Osteen.  They do not preach the true gospel and those who follow him will do so to their own detriment.  Unless, like William pointed out, are able to see that message for what it is.  A sugar coated bag of lies.

Erik
30 minutes ago, Antus67 said:

not pounding our chests and showing off to others that we are right and they are wrong.

Of course there is a right way and a wrong way. I didn’t see William making a boastful comment. 

Anyone getting filthy rich off the spiritual needs of others should be a red flag for everyone 

Guest William
22 minutes ago, Antus67 said:

Though we are not Electoral Judges... . 

We are to judge [test] all things. We are to judge not by outward appearances but judge righteously John 7:24. Despite someone's profession judgment is required to know the fruit of those that are genuine Matthew 7; James 3:8-12. And then we have all the warnings about false Christs, Prophets, and Teachers. Without righteous judgment how is one to heed these warnings and not fall into the snare of the unrighteous? Righteous judgment requires not only hearing but discernment. False Christs, Prophets, and Teachers love hiding behind such notion that we are not to judge by throwing such isolated verse in the face of new converts because they then are excused from all criticisms and condemnations. 

6 minutes ago, Knotical said:

A sugar coated bag of lies.

😉 I agree with your judgment.

Antus67

I love being ganged up on and playing the devils advocate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!