SovereignGraceSingles

Welcome to SovereignGraceSingles.com. Where Reformed Faith and Romance Come Together! We are the only Christian dating website for Christian Singles in the Reformed Faith worldwide. Our focus is to bring together Christian singles of all ages. Reformed single Christian men and women who wish to meet other Reformed Christian singles for spiritually, like-minded, loving relationships.
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” - Genesis 2:18
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

Meet Like Minded Believers Can two walk together except they be agreed? - Amos 3:3
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

SGS offers a "fenced" community: both for private single members and also a public Protestant forums open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene-derived Christian Church.
Join us now
Dean Scott

SGS Profile Photo (and other posted Media/Videos) Policy:

atpollard
2 hours ago, davidstarcher said:

I don't think hiding your church affiliation or Christian identity to avoid being fired, be excluded from being hired, or in any way avoid persecution is a legitimate reason. Christians have been called to do that from the beginning.

Matt 10:32-33 "Therefore everyone who confesses Me before men, I will also confess him before My Father who is in heaven. But whoever denies Me before men, I will also deny him before My Father who is in heaven."

I think you missed the point.  One is a missionary to a closed Muslim nation working as a Marine Biologist to disguise the fact that he is a missionary.  The other is a missionary in CHINA working as an English teacher.  Neither Communist China nor Muslim nations are known for their tolerance of Christians, so advertising their picture could get them arrested.

If you are so keen on ATTRACTING persecution, visit North Korea and try Street Corner Evangelism ... you will get your wish.

MARY5141

Saludos, tremenda discusion la de los caballeros, permitanme dar mi opinion como soltera, con todo el respeto, creo no me gustaria entablar una amistad o una relacion con alguién que no deja ver su rostro, si estas buscando pareja, eso debe ser esencial, creo que no es sincero. Qué pasaría si entablo una relacion con alguien que no conozco fisicamente y luego personalmente no me agrada, que decepcionante seria. Mi pastor Sugelle Michellén, dijo una vez en un mensaje: Mira bien esa cara, porque tendras que besarla toda la vida y debe ser tu deleite. Debemos ser realistas, y porque no decir nuestra edad, se que al final lo que mas importa  es nuestro testimonio y nuestro caracter. 

• Like 1

davidstarcher
6 minutes ago, atpollard said:

I think you missed the point.  One is a missionary to a closed Muslim nation working as a Marine Biologist to disguise the fact that he is a missionary.  The other is a missionary in CHINA working as an English teacher.  Neither Communist China nor Muslim nations are known for their tolerance of Christians, so advertising their picture could get them arrested.

If you are so keen on ATTRACTING persecution, visit North Korea and try Street Corner Evangelism ... you will get your wish.

I understood perfectly well. It isn't about attracting persecution its about being faithful to Christ. Pretending not to be a Christian is wrong not according to me but according to Christ as I have already quoted in Matt 10:32-33 and to which I could easily add additional passages. I do not find anywhere in Christ's teaching or in the New Testament an exception for that for those who are in ministry. If anything those in ministry should be held to the highest standard. Missionaries entering a country under false pretences are starting with a lie, people are not stupid. Living a lie while telling people about the God of truth is hypocrisy and it devalues the message and degrades the missionaries in the eyes of the very people they want to reach .If a Christian wants to work as a Marine Biologist in a Muslim nation and intends to spread the gospel while he is there that's great but he should not enter the country by pretending he is anything other then a Christian and if that is already known to the Muslim nation then it does him no danger for him to be identified as a Christian on the Internet as well. Obviously it would be prudent not for him to Identify his missionary activities while working overseas if it would result in harm to him or someone else.

William
Staff
6 hours ago, davidstarcher said:

I don't think hiding your church affiliation or Christian identity to avoid being fired, be excluded from being hired, or in any way avoid persecution is a legitimate reason. Christians have been called to do that from the beginning.

Matt 10:32-33 "Therefore everyone who confesses Me before men, I will also confess him before My Father who is in heaven. But whoever denies Me before men, I will also deny him before My Father who is in heaven."

Might make an interesting topic. First, I acknowledge Matthew 10:32-33. The reason why I think it might be an interesting topic is because Jesus avoided the Pharisees at times and disappeared from angry mobs which action might seemingly be interpreted as avoiding persecution up until His time of the crucifixion. Just think it'd make a interesting topic in the Bible Study category. 

• Love 1

davidstarcher
2 hours ago, William said:

Might make an interesting topic. First, I acknowledge Matthew 10:32-33. The reason why I think it might be an interesting topic is because Jesus avoided the Pharisees at times and disappeared from angry mobs which action might seemingly be interpreted as avoiding persecution up until His time of the crucifixion. Just think it'd make a interesting topic in the Bible Study category. 

Thank you for the suggestion. I have started a topic on the subject in the Bible Study category.