SovereignGraceSingles

Welcome to SovereignGraceSingles.com. Where Reformed Faith and Romance Come Together! We are the only Christian dating website for Christian Singles in the Reformed Faith worldwide. Our focus is to bring together Christian singles of all ages. Reformed single Christian men and women who wish to meet other Reformed Christian singles for spiritually, like-minded, loving relationships.
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” - Genesis 2:18
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

Meet Like Minded Believers Can two walk together except they be agreed? - Amos 3:3
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

SGS offers a "fenced" community: both for private single members and also a public Protestant forums open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene-derived Christian Church.
Join us now
Emma

Hello everyone

Emma

Hi guys, I am new here, and I just wanted to introduce myself. I am looking for some godly connections in my life right now. I am going to church every Sunday, but my job unfortunately keeps me from staying and fellowshipping with the congregation afterwards. Where I work there are not many Christians for me to talk to or mingle with. I know this is an opportunity for me to be a witness, and I do try, but it is discouraging to not really have anyone outside of my family who shares my beliefs. I was raised in a calvinist home with ten siblings. My dad was a pastor for seven years of a Calvinistic baptist church, but it closed because the members dwindled down to almost nothing. I am currently attending a primitive baptist church, though I have enjoyed sitting under the Presbyterian preachers as well.  I am also studying in online college to get my bachelors degree in cybersecurity. It is going to be a lot of work, but I am excited to be starting on this journey since I haven't been in school in seven years. 

• Like 1

Guest William
5 minutes ago, Emma said:

Hi guys, I am new here, and I just wanted to introduce myself. I am looking for some godly connections in my life right now. I am going to church every Sunday, but my job unfortunately keeps me from staying and fellowshipping with the congregation afterwards. Where I work there are not many Christians for me to talk to or mingle with. I know this is an opportunity for me to be a witness, and I do try, but it is discouraging to not really have anyone outside of my family who shares my beliefs. I was raised in a calvinist home with ten siblings. My dad was a pastor for seven years of a Calvinistic baptist church, but it closed because the members dwindled down to almost nothing. I am currently attending a primitive baptist church, though I have enjoyed sitting under the Presbyterian preachers as well.  I am also studying in online college to get my bachelors degree in cybersecurity. It is going to be a lot of work, but I am excited to be starting on this journey since I haven't been in school in seven years. 

Hi Emma!

Welcome to SGS. I hope your fellowship within the SGS community is a very fruitful one!

God bless,

William

Jerrbears

Hey, glad to meet you. Welcome to SGS! I hope you are able to connect with people of like-faith here.

Hello and welcome Emma

KKeyes
On 1/9/2020 at 11:54 PM, Emma said:

Where I work there are not many Christians for me to talk to or mingle with. I know this is an opportunity for me to be a witness, and I do try, but it is discouraging to not really have anyone outside of my family who shares my beliefs...

My dad was a pastor for seven years of a Calvinistic baptist church, but it closed because the members dwindled down to almost nothing. I am currently attending a primitive baptist church, though I have enjoyed sitting under the Presbyterian preachers as well.

I know the feeling. Where I come from (formerly southeast Kansas), there is a famine of Reformed doctrine. Each town will have more mainline churches than grocery stores, but it's really hard to find one that holds to reformed teaching, they are mostly Arminian and/or Charismatic in this part of the country. Is the church you are attending reformed?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Lee_v.2

I appreciate and sympathize with the concerns mentioned here about finding a faithful community within which to worship, grow in Christian faith and life, and fellowship.  Though I don't have an exhaustive knowledge of all the best Presbyterian churches, here are some generally safe bets.

1.  OPC (Orthodox Presbyterian Church)

2.  URCNA (United Reformed Churches in North America)

3.  RCUS (Reformed Church in the United States)

4,  PCA (Presbyterian Church in America)

If I were looking for a faithful Reformed Baptist church, I would not hesitate to call or email Emmanuel Baptist Church in Coconut Creek, FL.  They might know of a good church in your area, or at least point you to someone who might know someone.... 🙂 

Curly Q
On 1/10/2020 at 12:54 AM, Emma said:

Hi Emma,

All the other answers are great. Just wondering... are you a full 5 point Calvinist?

Emma
29 minutes ago, Curly Q said:

Hi Emma,

All the other answers are great. Just wondering... are you a full 5 point Calvinist?

Yes, I am. Are you? Someone at church the other day said that John Calvin believed in conditional election and that really surprised me , because one of Calvin's main teachings was unconditional election. 

On 2/2/2020 at 8:09 PM, KKeyes said:

I know the feeling. Where I come from (formerly southeast Kansas), there is a famine of Reformed doctrine. Each town will have more mainline churches than grocery stores, but it's really hard to find one that holds to reformed teaching, they are mostly Arminian and/or Charismatic in this part of the country. Is the church you are attending reformed?

I believe they would consider themselves reformed. I haven't been going there for very long, so I'm not sure. They are almost the same as calvinist, I can't actually think of any of the points of calvinism that they would disagree on, but they dont consider themselves to be calvinists.

ReformedGuy101
14 hours ago, Emma said:

Yes, I am. Are you? Someone at church the other day said that John Calvin believed in conditional election and that really surprised me , because one of Calvin's main teachings was unconditional election. 

I believe they would consider themselves reformed. I haven't been going there for very long, so I'm not sure. They are almost the same as calvinist, I can't actually think of any of the points of calvinism that they would disagree on, but they dont consider themselves to be calvinists.

Emma, there is a lot of cultural myths out there about Calvin like the Calvin bowling on the Sabbath. It's all lies, always ask for primary sources for people assertions.

Curly Q
On 2/3/2020 at 11:43 PM, Emma said:

I would probably consider my self a believer in Arminianism. My dad is Calvinist and my mom is Arminianist. My burden for lost souls, obsession with adding to God's kingdom, and with obeying the great commission; tends to affect my views on predestination. Also, I interpret the scriptures to speak of Eternal Security of salvation. 

We may have different views, but I applaud you for your knowledge about doctrine.

Gavin

Welcome Emma! I am new to this as well, trying to meet a like minded lady that I can potentially spend my life with. Theology is important, that is why I chose this site. Hope you've been getting acquainted well. Feel free to message me if you'd like. (=

Dean Scott
Staff
On 2/4/2020 at 9:18 PM, Curly Q said:

I would probably consider my self a believer in Arminianism. My dad is Calvinist and my mom is Arminianist. My burden for lost souls, obsession with adding to God's kingdom, and with obeying the great commission; tends to affect my views on predestination. Also, I interpret the scriptures to speak of Eternal Security of salvation. 

We may have different views, but I applaud you for your knowledge about doctrine.

Hi Curly...

Why then, did you join SGS? Did you read the Doctrinal Statement?

If not, you should have. If you are not in agreement with the Doctrinal Statement, why are you here??

Dean 
Creator/Owner of SGS

• Like 1

Gavin
On 2/4/2020 at 11:18 PM, Curly Q said:

Calvinists unequivocally believe in the eternal security of the believer, not sure where you got that we don't. That is literally the last of the points in the five points of Calvinism: Perseverance of the Saints. It is most Arminians who do not believe in eternal security, a great majority will say salvation can be lost. No Calvinist does, if one did, he would not be a Calvinist. That is literally an essential Calvinist belief. If you do not believe in eternal security, you are not a Calvinist.

Emma
On 2/17/2020 at 4:24 PM, CharlesS said:

@Emma The First Church of Merrimack is a very solid Reformed Church that offers a morning and an evening service.

FIRSTCHURCHOFMERRIMACK.ORG

Thanks for the suggestion 🙂 I am actually not attending the college in NH, I am doing online college from the comfort of my home in FL. I am attending a primitive baptist church and really enjoying it.

JustinJanoski
On 2/19/2020 at 8:54 PM, Emma said:

Thanks for the suggestion 🙂 I am actually not attending the college in NH, I am doing online college from the comfort of my home in FL. I am attending a primitive baptist church and really enjoying it.

Oh that's interesting, my family and I have visited primitive baptist churches in the past. I like their views on bivocational elders. I know a reformed baptist pastor who preaches in Live Oaks Florida at a Library there. His name is pastor John Weaver. I post his sermons on youtube, I wonder if you or anyone in your family knows of him.

Here is a link to the youtube channel with his videos:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJwE74JH5T6LxhDZMTIELNw

becauseofgrace
19 hours ago, JustinJanoski said:

Oh that's interesting, my family and I have visited primitive baptist churches in the past. I like their views on bivocational elders. I know a reformed baptist pastor who preaches in Live Oaks Florida at a Library there. 

Just thought it was interesting you should mention the Live Oak, Florida library - I have been there many times years ago! 🙂 When I was younger, we used to live near there in Madison. Anyway, nothing to do with the topic you two were talking about - just was interesting to hear a familiar place mentioned. 🙂