SovereignGraceSingles

Welcome to SovereignGraceSingles.com. Where Reformed Faith and Romance Come Together! We are the only Christian dating website for Christian Singles in the Reformed Faith worldwide. Our focus is to bring together Christian singles of all ages. Reformed single Christian men and women who wish to meet other Reformed Christian singles for spiritually, like-minded, loving relationships.
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” - Genesis 2:18
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

Meet Like Minded Believers Can two walk together except they be agreed? - Amos 3:3
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

SGS offers a "fenced" community: both for private single members and also a public Protestant forums open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene-derived Christian Church.
Join us now
Jerrbears

Future "look and feel" of SGS website

Jerrbears

Friends, let this thread be about any suggestions for future updates to the website. If you are for a particular look and feel regarding an upgrade to SGS website, please share below what that is, and perhaps include some screenshots/pics for webmaster/owner to consider. If you do share feedback here, please be gracious about it, keep it positive! Muchas Gracias! Thanks, and keep up the good fight!

Dean Scott
Staff

Thank-you Jerry!

We are looking forward to the Responses here!

We take Suggestions/Critiques VERY seriously but although valid, they might not be able to be accomplished OR... others may not agree as we have already experienced.

Dean

ReformedGuy101

Please allow for a way to delete convos in chat box. Some conversations fizzle out and its better to delete chat box. 

I was also thinking maybe you can integrate match suggestions based on common interests. I know this will be complex but worth it in my opinion.

• Like 1

William
Staff
22 minutes ago, ReformedGuy101 said:

Please allow for a way to delete convos in chat box. Some conversations fizzle out and its better to delete chat box. 

Done

• Love 1

IBHSRP55

For the search function, would it be possible to have an "exclude" option?

So if I put in the age range I want to search in along with whatever other things I'd like, then if there's a category I know I don't want included but I'm not particular about the other ones I could exclude it.

For instance, I believe in Infant baptism and would want to hopefully end up marrying someone who shares that conviction. I'm not firmly dedicated to staying in the denomination I'm currently with, so I'd be open to viewing profiles of those who believe similarly but aren't part of my denomination. If I could exclude Reformed Baptists/other denominations with similar beliefs to that, I'd find it a bit easier to search.

Does this make sense?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

William
Staff
39 minutes ago, IBHSRP55 said:

Does this make sense?

Makes sense to me. Many actual Reformed want to exclude [filter] the "Baptist" from Reformed. 

I'm afraid I can't offer this to you at this point. I can only forward this for future development. In the meanwhile I suggest limiting your search to only Reformed Presbyterian. However, we on our end could solve this issue by not allowing members to select more than one denomination in profile field for denomination. That of course draws conflict from the opposing group which wants more exposure in the search by those "they" deem tolerable doctrine wise. We may also provide a Baptism profile field regarding doctrine and allow people only to ck one doctrine so members may search Baptist [credo] or Reformed [paedo, household, covenant]. 

These decisions are not made by me though and I'm sure the proper party that does will take your suggestions into account. 

God bless,

William

• Yay 1

ReformedGuy101
42 minutes ago, William said:

Done

Thanks 

• Like 1

Genevieve

Just a thought on the baptism option in a search function. If that comes about then maybe there could be three options, the obvious two and a third for those who aren't firmly fixed one way or the other. As for myself, I listed my denomination as Reformed Baptist but I have no problem marrying a Presbyterian. There are people like myself who don't fit the "check box" searches. This is where I see the third option as being a little more open than all or nothing.

Just a thought.

• Like 1

William
Staff
10 hours ago, Genevieve said:

Just a thought on the baptism option in a search function. If that comes about then maybe there could be three options, the obvious two and a third for those who aren't firmly fixed one way or the other. As for myself, I listed my denomination as Reformed Baptist but I have no problem marrying a Presbyterian. There are people like myself who don't fit the "check box" searches. This is where I see the third option as being a little more open than all or nothing.

Just a thought.

Search option would only require selecting either orthodox or heterodox positions on Baptism. If one hypothetically selected no options then the filter would not return any searches based on that criteria. In short, the filter would be optional and wouldn't affect search results if not selected by the member. 

God bless,

William

ReformedGuy101

William did you delete the search with a photo option or did I just miss it the last few times I used the search function?

William
Staff
1 minute ago, ReformedGuy101 said:

William did you delete the search with a photo option or did I just miss it the last few times I used the search function?

The search is currently being worked on by a developer. I can see various things being modded at this time. You're probably seeing slight differences as the result. The finished search feature should look different than what it is now. We expect the search page to be polished off sometime tomorrow if all goes well. 

• Like 1