Jump to content

SovereignGraceSingles

Welcome to SovereignGraceSingles.com. Where Reformed Faith and Romance Come Together! We are the only Christian dating website for Christian Singles in the Reformed Faith worldwide. Our focus is to bring together Christian singles of all ages. Reformed single Christian men and women who wish to meet other Reformed Christian singles for spiritually, like-minded, loving relationships.
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” - Genesis 2:18
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

Meet Like Minded Believers Can two walk together except they be agreed? - Amos 3:3
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

SGS offers a "fenced" community: both for private single members and also a public Protestant forums open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene-derived Christian Church.
Join us now
Guest

Poll Question: Creationism, OEC or YEC?

Poll Question: Creationism, OEC or YEC?  

69 members have voted

  1. 1. Poll Question: Creationism, OEC or YEC?

    • OEC
      23
    • YEC
      34
    • Don't Know
      3
    • Don't Care
      1
    • Doesn't Matter
      9


Recommended Posts

Val Seegmiller

@BeckyIt's too bad that you won't have a conversation with me, Becky. Would Christ say that?

Share this post


Link to post
davidtaylorjr
11 minutes ago, Val Seegmiller said:

@BeckyIt's too bad that you won't have a conversation with me, Becky. Would Christ say that?

Please stay on topic. If you have an issue with someone please contact the support staff.

Share this post


Link to post
Guest Becky
1 hour ago, Val Seegmiller said:

@BeckyIt's too bad that you won't have a conversation with me, Becky. Would Christ say that?

Val. I dont know what you are speaking of. If it is to the question sent email. I suggest this forum https://www.christforums.org/forum/64-lutheran/ I am not Lutheran , some of our members are. These boards/forums are here for discussion please try the forums . Now as the moderator has requested back to topic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Bowman

 

OEC is the only viable interpretation of God's General and Special Revelation...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Guest William
57 minutes ago, Bowman said:

 

OEC is the only viable interpretation of God's General and Special Revelation...

But wouldn't that be like saying Adam according to general revelation was an adult and had to have a childhood [like an evolutionary process] when special revelation contradicts the "interpretation" of general revelation? 

 

I have always been intrigued how people can believe Adam was a real man according to Scripture, made an adult, but the universe not with the appearance of age. They usually continue that God is not the author of confusion and wouldn't do that but suggest that the light from distant stars remain though the star long ago died. 

Share this post


Link to post
Solas

My simplistic 2¢..

Definition of a day is given...

Genesis 1:5 KJVS
[5] And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

Multiply 'evening and morning' by 6, and you come up with 6 days.

-finis-

 

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Bowman
10 hours ago, William said:

But wouldn't that be like saying Adam according to general revelation was an adult and had to have a childhood [like an evolutionary process] when special revelation contradicts the "interpretation" of general revelation? 

 

I have always been intrigued how people can believe Adam was a real man according to Scripture, made an adult, but the universe not with the appearance of age. They usually continue that God is not the author of confusion and wouldn't do that but suggest that the light from distant stars remain though the star long ago died. 

 

Scripture informs the reader that Adam was literally created from the ground up.  Thus...it would be pretty hard to state that he was created as an adult, same with Eve.

 

The text is condensed, but still maintains that each was raised as a child, with Yahweh being their parent.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Guest Becky
2 minutes ago, Bowman said:

 

Scripture informs the reader that Adam was literally created from the ground up.  Thus...it would be pretty hard to state that he was created as an adult, same with Eve.

 

The text is condensed, but still maintains that each was raised as a child, with Yahweh being their parent.

That is a lot  of putting ones own thoughts to His Word.

On 11/13/2018 at 1:09 PM, Becky said:

Eisegesis is best understood when contrasted with exegesis. While exegesis is the process of drawing out the meaning from a text in accordance with the context and discoverable meaning of its author, eisegesis occurs when a reader imposes his or her interpretation into and onto the text.

 

Trying to keep similar sounded words straight :classic_smile:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Bowman
56 minutes ago, Becky said:

That is a lot  of putting ones own thoughts to His Word.

 

 

Not at all.

 

Adam was formed from the earth...how is that being created as an adult?

 

Eve was formed from the side of Adam...how is that being created as an adult?

 

🙂

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Guest Becky
8 minutes ago, Bowman said:

 

Not at all.

 

Adam was formed from the earth...how is that being created as an adult?

 

Eve was formed from the side of Adam...how is that being created as an adult?

 

🙂

 How is  it not? 

Share this post


Link to post
Bowman
21 minutes ago, Becky said:

 How is  it not? 

 

Scripture never claims that Adam and Eve were created as adults.

 

In fact, it declares the exact opposite.

 

Can you please share scripture that says that they were created a full grown adults?

Share this post


Link to post
Guest William
34 minutes ago, Bowman said:

 

Not at all.

 

Adam was formed from the earth...how is that being created as an adult? 

 

Eve was formed from the side of Adam...how is that being created as an adult?

 

🙂

Adam was formed from the earth but that wasn't the reason for Adam being an adult. Doesn't take much inference from the Scripture to come to the conclusion that both Adam and Eve were formed adults:

 

Genesis 1:28 And God blessed them. And God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it, and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over every living thing that moves on the earth.”

 

These commands would have been meaningless to an infant child(ren) who were not even old enough to feed themselves, comprehend, and let alone not sexually mature. Both Adam and Eve were also morally accountable and responsible.

 

Genesis 1:28-29 And God blessed them. And God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it, and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over every living thing that moves on the earth.” And God said, “Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the face of all the earth, and every tree with seed in its fruit. You shall have them for food.

Genesis 2:15-16 The LORD God took the man and put him in the garden of Eden to work it and keep it. And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, “You may surely eat of every tree of the garden,
 

Share this post


Link to post
Guest Becky
2 minutes ago, Bowman said:

 

Scripture never claims that Adam and Eve were created as adults.

 

In fact, it declares the exact opposite.

 

Can you please share scripture that says that they were created a full grown adults?

What passage claims the exact opposite? Can you share a scripture that says they were created as babies? 

Share this post


Link to post
Just Mike

YEC. In order for someone to say OEC I see no way out but to involve some kind of evolution. I have never heard of anyone explaining the OEC that relied on the Genesis account just as its recorded in Scripture, there is ALWAYS some outside resource that is used.

 

Either the Bible is Gods very WORD and can be trusted in every word or it isn't, there just is no in between. No one explains how sea shells are found on the tops of the worlds highest mountains, Gods WORD does.

  • Like 1
  • Best Answer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
43 minutes ago, William said:

Doesn't take much inference from the Scripture to come to the conclusion that both Adam and Eve were formed adults...

Or young adults (i.e. teenagers).

Share this post


Link to post
Guest William
1 minute ago, Origen said:

Or young adults (i.e. teenagers).

I'd have no objection. They obviously could understand language, comprehend, be accountable and responsible, work or labor, etc. Young teenagers can do all those things.

Share this post


Link to post
Guest Becky
18 minutes ago, Just Mike said:

Either the Bible is Gods very WORD and can be trusted in every word or it isn't, there just is no in between. No one explains how sea shells are found on the tops of the worlds highest mountains, Gods WORD does.

If one will not believe Genesis as written how ever can they believe the Book of John 

Share this post


Link to post
Just Mike

There is so much to wonder about Adam & Eve. We don't know how long they lived in the Garden, if they were sexually mature, and other things. We do know they had the ability to stay from eating what ever it was that God said not to eat. ( was that free will?) 

 

I wonder how equipped they were to fend for themselves, or because of the time spent in the Garden did they have the skills required to provide for themselves? Or did they learn much on their own?  

 

One effect on sin entering their nature was sin between each other like lies, and lust, and as we know murder, and sin bloomed and it continues to grow wider each day. As in Romans 1 people invent ways to sin. I call it the OSN, old sinful nature, I do battle with my sinful nature, and because of 1 John 1:9 I am able to stay clean before my LORD.

Share this post


Link to post
Solas
2 hours ago, Bowman said:

 

Scripture never claims that Adam and Eve were created as adults.

 

In fact, it declares the exact opposite.

 

Can you please share scripture that says that they were created a full grown adults?

Are you saying then, that Adam was created an infant flopping around on the ground?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
5 hours ago, Bowman said:

Scripture informs the reader that Adam was literally created from the ground up.

Pure nonsense!  Gen. 2:7 states God formed man from the dust of the ground and then breath into him life.  He was not created from the ground up nor does the text even suggest such a thing.

 

4 hours ago, Bowman said:

Scripture never claims that Adam and Eve were created as adults.

In fact, it declares the exact opposite.

Untrue!  God told Adam and Eve to "be fruitful and multiply (Gen.  1:28).  This would only be possible if they were old enough to reproduce.

Share this post


Link to post
islandrazor

The concept of Adam being formed as a child has nothing in common with evil-ution. Science postulates that life cam from the sea, lightning, space…. . https://www.livescience.com/13363-7-theories-origin-life.html His age is irrelevant, he was one second old when God breathed life into him.

"We don't have a very good definition of life," said researcher Christopher Voigt of the University of California, San Francisco, who works on synthetic biology. "It's a very abstract thing, what we call life, and at what point we say something doesn't have the necessary components versus it does, it just becomes way too murky."

The question of what constitutes life has dogged scientists since the early days.

 

If we consider the “Scientific” version of the origin of the universe. Well we began gut boiling flatulence. Not a very pretty picture of the birth of, well everything. Be that as it may, you can’t get something from nothing. So, why not a bad meal.

 

The prevailing model for the evolution of the Universe is the Big Bang theory. The Big Bang model states that the earliest state of the Universe was an extremely hot and dense one, and that the Universe subsequently expanded and cooled. The model is based on general relativity and on simplifying assumptions such as homogeneity and isotropy of space. A version of the model with a cosmological constant (Lambda) and cold dark matter, known as the Lambda-CDM model, is the simplest model that provides a reasonably good account of various observations about the Universe. The Big Bang model accounts for observations such as the correlation of distance and redshift of galaxies, the ratio of the number of hydrogen to helium atoms, and the microwave radiation background. Wikipedia.

 

Man, Genesis 1:26

man (408x), men (121x), Adam (13x), person(s) (8x), common sort (with H7230) (1x), hypocrite (1x).

 

Adam, Genesis 2:20

 

ʼâdam, aw-dam'; from H119; ruddy i.e. a human being (an individual or the species, mankind, etc.):—× another, hypocrite, common sort, × low, man (mean, of low degree), person.

Hmm…. Same word.

 

However God created us, He created us. We are curious creatures, so we question. It is interesting and fun to seek knowledge. The knowledge that we were created by a loving god we know and believe by faith. How? Shrug...

 

Thanks God forgiving us true life in Christ.

Share this post


Link to post
TrueFreedom

In case anyone here is open to learning more about the mountains of scientific evidence supporting evolution from a Christian perspective, I'll just leave this here: 

BIOLOGOS.ORG

BioLogos – God’s Word. God’s World.

 

Share this post


Link to post
th1bill

TF,

I, unlike YHWH, Yashuah ha'Mashiah and Ruach am not certain of anyone's Spiritual Condition.  On the other hand, from better than 74 years life experience, I have learned the Human Brain, more than we wish it to be, is more like unto the, today than we admit, lusted after Computer that has become our best friend and plays frivolous, thoughtless games, preventing us from ever studying the Holy Word of YHWH.  Just like this Electronic Brain, what we put into our Brains is what comes out.

 

Garbage in... garbage out.

 

The Earth and the Universes were created in six Sun sets and Sun rises... YHWH tells us it is so and by the Faith He endowed me with, I Believe and try not to lead Babes in the Faith astray.

 

I pray YHWH always uses my Poor Efforts to Teach to touch hearts.

 

Ephesians 1:18-19

 

 

18 I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people, 19 and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is the same as the mighty strength

1 Peter 1:8-12

 

8 Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy, 9for you are receiving the end result of your faith, the salvation of your souls. 10 Concerning this salvation, the prophets, who spoke of the grace that was to come to you, searched intently and with the greatest care,11 trying to find out the time and circumstances to which the Spirit of Christ in them was pointing when he predicted the sufferings of the Messiah and the glories that would follow. 12 It was revealed to them that they were not serving themselves but you, when they spoke of the things that have now been told you by those who have preached the gospel to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven. Even angels long to look into these things.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Just Mike
On 5/21/2019 at 11:45 AM, th1bill said:

TF,

I, unlike YHWH, Yashuah ha'Mashiah and Ruach am not certain of anyone's Spiritual Condition.  On the other hand, from better than 74 years life experience, I have learned the Human Brain, more than we wish it to be, is more like unto the, today than we admit, lusted after Computer that has become our best friend and plays frivolous, thoughtless games, preventing us from ever studying the Holy Word of YHWH.  Just like this Electronic Brain, what we put into our Brains is what comes out.

 

Garbage in... garbage out.

 

The Earth and the Universes were created in six Sun sets and Sun rises... YHWH tells us it is so and by the Faith He endowed me with, I Believe and try not to lead Babes in the Faith astray.

 

I pray YHWH always uses my Poor Efforts to Teach to touch hearts.

 

Ephesians 1:18-19

 

 

18 I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people, 19 and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is the same as the mighty strength

1 Peter 1:8-12

 

8 Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy, 9for you are receiving the end result of your faith, the salvation of your souls. 10 Concerning this salvation, the prophets, who spoke of the grace that was to come to you, searched intently and with the greatest care,11 trying to find out the time and circumstances to which the Spirit of Christ in them was pointing when he predicted the sufferings of the Messiah and the glories that would follow. 12 It was revealed to them that they were not serving themselves but you, when they spoke of the things that have now been told you by those who have preached the gospel to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven. Even angels long to look into these things.

Well said!

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...
Articles - News