SovereignGraceSingles

Welcome to SovereignGraceSingles.com. Where Reformed Faith and Romance Come Together! We are the only Christian dating website for Christian Singles in the Reformed Faith worldwide. Our focus is to bring together Christian singles of all ages. Reformed single Christian men and women who wish to meet other Reformed Christian singles for spiritually, like-minded, loving relationships.
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” - Genesis 2:18
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

Meet Like Minded Believers Can two walk together except they be agreed? - Amos 3:3
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

SGS offers a "fenced" community: both for private single members and also a public Protestant forums open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene-derived Christian Church.
Join us now

Poll Question: Creationism, OEC or YEC?

Poll Question: Creationism, OEC or YEC?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Poll Question: Creationism, OEC or YEC?

• OEC
    • YEC
    • Don't Know
    • Don't Care
    • Doesn't Matter

Cornelius
Origins are not observable, repeatable or testable.

Mechanisms are testable. Mutation + Reproduction + Selection doesn't produce Evolution. Evolutionists have tried using such things as thousands of generations of bacteria or millions of generations of computer simulation...

Guest theophilus
The Bible isn't a history or science book, though.

It isn't a science book but it is a history book. Scientists who discuss evolution are actually talking about history, not science. Science involves questions that can be answered by observation or experimentation. That means it can give accurate information only about what is happening in the present time. When you speculate about what happened in the past you are in realm of history and there are some historical questions that can't be answered by science, such as the question of whether or not things have always gone on as they are today or whether God has ever intervened in the natural processes. Those who consider evolution to be proved consciously or unconsciously assume that the answer to the question is "no."

The fossil evidence that supposedly supports evolution can be explained by a world-wide flood, such as the one described in the Bible. Peter predicted that a time would come when people denied that this flood occurred.

Scoffers will come in the last days with scoffing, following their own sinful desires. They will say, “Where is the promise of his coming? For ever since the fathers fell asleep, all things are continuing as they were from the beginning of creation.”

For they deliberately overlook this fact, that the heavens existed long ago, and the earth was formed out of water and through water by the word of God, and that by means of these the world that then existed was deluged with water and perished.

(2 Peter 3:3-6 ESV)

This prophecy is being fulfilled today. Here are two articles that might help you understand what science really shows about this subject:

https://clydeherrin.wordpress.com/2016/03/13/the-missing-navels/

https://clydeherrin.wordpress.com/2016/02/11/flood-deniers-2/

Guest William

Mechanisms are testable. Mutation + Reproduction + Selection doesn't produce Evolution. Evolutionists have tried using such things as thousands of generations of bacteria or millions of generations of computer simulation...

No one is contesting Micro Evolution.

Jackson

No one is contesting Micro Evolution.

Please make the better decision to speak for yourself. Many people, myself included, do indeed contest the Godless notion of so called "microevolution." No such process is shown in Scripture. A Christian who accepts the idea of "microevolution" is giving a nod to the entire concept of evolution, and is compromising.

Guest William

Please make the better decision to speak for yourself. Many people, myself included, do indeed contest the Godless notion of so called "microevolution." No such process is shown in Scripture. A Christian who accepts the idea of "microevolution" is giving a nod to the entire concept of evolution, and is compromising.

I meant nobody in this thread was contesting Micro Evolution up to this point.

If “evolution” merely refers to a process of cyclical (back and forth) variation in response to changing environmental conditions, then evolution is a fact that can be observed both in nature and in laboratory experiments. Charles Darwin assumed that macroevolution was merely microevolution extended over very long periods of time. Biology textbooks, museums, and television programs still teach people to make the same assumption, so that examples of microevolution are used as proof that complex animals and even human beings evolved from simpler organisms by a similar process. - Evolution Fact or Fantasy?

God bless,

William

Jackson
I think that there is too much evidence to deny Darwin's theory of evolution, but there is still some incomplete information within it. There are still gaps in the theory, so I'm of the opinion that one can believe in his theory, but also believe that there is a Designer or Creator behind it all. I tend to look at the origin of man as discussed in Genesis, to be somewhat allegorical.

You cannot cite any evidence for macroevolution. There is no such evidence. The best they can do is try to cite microevolution, and then strain to extrapolate it into macroevolution.

Please change your error before it kills your soul.

Jackson

I meant nobody in this thread was contesting Micro Evolution up to this point.

God bless,

William

It would be best for all of "Us" on this thread to speak of life form origins by faithfully using the terms specified by God within Scripture, rather than being drawn into the vocabulary and misinformation of spiritually lost evolutionists. The whole notion of any sort of "Evolution" is entirely from Satan's playground of lies. Let's honor God with axiomatic statements, rather than with compromise. God tolerates only so much compromise. Christ's Gracious Work on our behalf gives no license for compromise.

Guest William

It would be best for all of "Us" on this thread to speak of life form origins by faithfully using the terms specified by God within Scripture, rather than being drawn into the vocabulary and misinformation of spiritually lost evolutionists. The whole notion of any sort of "Evolution" is entirely from Satan's playground of lies. Let's honor God with axiomatic statements, rather than with compromise. God tolerates only so much compromise. Christ's Gracious Work on our behalf gives no license for compromise.

Let's leave the moderation up to the staff. Please fill your profile information out and consider an introduction in the Welcome Mat.

Why don't you let others decide what terms they wish to use. It is hardly up to you. And as for those who are spiritually lost or what God tolerates, that is God's domain not yours.

motirattan

It depends on you whether you make God's very own word as your source of knowledge or the wretched scientists who are discovering the stuff of past being proclaimed in our God's very own word.Let Spirit be your guide and ask God in the name of Jesus what's true and what you should do. You'll surely find all your answers instead of polling and declaring the majority as the righteous option.

Guest William
You'll surely find all your answers instead of polling and declaring the majority as the righteous option.

Is that what you think is happening? Orgien, maybe we need to take a poll to see whether we should stop taking polls? What do you think? ;)

God bless,

William

Is that what you think is happening? Origen, maybe we need to take a poll to see whether we should stop taking polls? What do you think? ;)
Oh no, can't do that. Simply by talking a poll that's somehow "declaring the majority as the righteous option." But for the life of me I cannot see how.

Cornelius
You'll surely find all your answers instead of polling and declaring the majority as the righteous option.

When has polling ever been passed off as a tool to find what is right? Polling is a tool to find out where people stand on a particular topic. There's all sorts of uses for knowing were people stand. There are many times were the majority is wrong, like every time the majority disagrees with me (you don't expect me to think those who disagree with me are right?).

Hey wait a minute. This whole poll thing has backed fired on me. My view is losing. I guess that means I am unrighteous since I am not part of the majority. Drat my plan has been foiled.

Guest William
I guess that means I am unrighteous

To be sure, maybe we need to poll it.

to be sure, maybe we need to poll it.
lol

There are many times were the majority is wrong, like every time the majority disagrees with me (you don't expect me to think those who disagree with me are right?).
I feel the same way.

Deidre

Why must we choose between God and scientific discoveries? Why can't there be room for science to serve as knowledge as well as our own beliefs in faith? I believe that the Bible is God's word, but I don't tune out to scientific theories ...unless they go against Scripture. The theory of evolution is a theory, but it has validity. I don't believe everything science has to say, scientists are human and prone to error. But, to discard scientific discoveries simply because we are Christians, doesn't make much sense to me.

Deidre

You cannot cite any evidence for macroevolution. There is no such evidence. The best they can do is try to cite microevolution, and then strain to extrapolate it into macroevolution.

Please change your error before it kills your soul.

It's not devoid of evolutionary foundation or evidence. To fear it, doesn't change that there could be some truths to it. Believing that there is some validity to the theory, doesn't negate my love for Jesus, or belief in Scripture.

• Like 1

Guest theophilus
Why must we choose between God and scientific discoveries?

We don't have to make that choice. There is no scientific discovery that contradicts the Bible. What we must choose is whether to believe the Bible or to believe the false claim that science has proved that the earth is old and that life came about by a process of evolution. Here is a website that shows scientific evidence that this claim is false.

http://scienceagainstevolution.info/index.shtml

Cornelius
Why must we choose between God and scientific discoveries?

God and scientific discoveries are compatible. God and Atheist doctrines are incompatible.

Deidre

God and scientific discoveries are compatible. God and Atheist doctrines are incompatible.

That is true.

Do you feel that there is any validity in the concept of theistic evolution?

Cornelius

If I were an Atheist, I'd still doubt Evolution. We observe life and it's not evolving, unless you water-down the definition of evolution so much that it's no longer relevant.

• Like 1

Guest theophilus

The popular concept of evolution requires the death of previous life forms to produce the life that exists today. The Bible teaches that it was Adam's sin that brought death into the world.

Sin came into the world through one man, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because all sinned.

(Romans 5:12 ESV)

In order for theistic evolution to be true there would have had to be death before sin and that plainly contradicts the teaching of the Bible.