SovereignGraceSingles

Welcome to SovereignGraceSingles.com. Where Reformed Faith and Romance Come Together! We are the only Christian dating website for Christian Singles in the Reformed Faith worldwide. Our focus is to bring together Christian singles of all ages. Reformed single Christian men and women who wish to meet other Reformed Christian singles for spiritually, like-minded, loving relationships.
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” - Genesis 2:18
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

Meet Like Minded Believers Can two walk together except they be agreed? - Amos 3:3
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

SGS offers a "fenced" community: both for private single members and also a public Protestant forums open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene-derived Christian Church.
Join us now
Just Mike

I am close to your view.

Just Mike

You know, I see somethings on both sides, but I do not see very much agressive talk on this side, why?

justme

Guest William
justme said:
You know, I see somethings on both sides, but I do not see very much agressive talk on this side, why?

justme

Because some of the staff here are Reformed/Calvinist. Generally, people usually result to personal attack when they can't make their case from Scripture, and that's something the staff here does not tolerate. In another forum, for example, that is a strong hold for Arminians I was accused of being a false teacher, and promoting doctrine of the devil.

If you see something on "the Arminian" side, I urge you to use the search feature in this forum to see the Reformed/Calvinist approach to those Scriptures. Or if you wish to list them here, I'm sure someone will address them.

To be honest with you, I do not see any Scriptures on the Arminian side when the context is taken into consideration. I do acknowledge though that that side usually isolates a verse, and generally forces their presupposition into the Scriptures. If you read the most common Arminian arguments then you'll have a basic picture of some of the counter arguments: https://www.christforums.org/forum/c...nian-arguments

This is all besides the point though, Arminians are definitely welcome into Christforums. Though given the contention for Orthodoxy it does make for an aggressive discussion - that is, if you consider putting Scriptures onto the anvil to be smashed by the sub-atomic hammer aggressive!

God bless,

William

Just Mike

Thanks William. I can't remember anyone on the other side ever giving much to consider or give Biblical evidence for their position. I know several Assembly of God people but they mainly expect evidence of Salvation by speaking in tongues, and the loss of salvation. All of which bring the hair on my neck to stand up. And that does does not look good.

justme

Anto9us
On 2/9/2017 at 12:01 PM, William said:

In another forum, for example, that is a strong hold for Arminians I was accused of being a false teacher, and promoting doctrine of the devil.

Got a link to that forum that's a "stronghold for Arminians", William?

NorrinRadd

@Anto9us Is that... Stanly Lieber?

NorrinRadd
On 2/9/2017 at 6:22 PM, Just Mike said:

Thanks William. I can't remember anyone on the other side ever giving much to consider or give Biblical evidence for their position. I know several Assembly of God people but they mainly expect evidence of Salvation by speaking in tongues, and the loss of salvation. All of which bring the hair on my neck to stand up. And that does does not look good.

justme

With all due respect, the AG people you know are ignorant of actual AG doctrine.  They AG does *not* believe tongues are evidence of salvation.  They do believe in the potential possibility of apostasy, probably more along the line of Wesleyans than Classical Arminians.

Just Mike
13 hours ago, NorrinRadd said:

With all due respect, the AG people you know are ignorant of actual AG doctrine.  They AG does *not* believe tongues are evidence of salvation.  They do believe in the potential possibility of apostasy, probably more along the line of Wesleyans than Classical Arminians.

This was posted almost two and one half years ago. Sorry you feel this way but in my experience in ministry this has been proven over many times. Perhaps wher you live the AG churches don't believe that way.

NorrinRadd
4 hours ago, Just Mike said:

This was posted almost two and one half years ago. Sorry you feel this way but in my experience in ministry this has been proven over many times. Perhaps wher you live the AG churches don't believe that way.

Yeah, sorry about resurrecting an old thread.  I'm feeling my way around.  Apparently I signed up here back in 2016 or something and then didn't participate.  For some reason, a few days ago, out of the blue I started getting notifications in my email from the forum.  Finally came back to check it out.

W.r.t. the AG -- Their official doctrine is that "baptism in the Spirit" is "distinct and subsequent" relative to rebirth.  They expect "tongues" as evidence when someone is "baptized in the Spirit," but not when one is "born again."  See numbers 7 and 8