SovereignGraceSingles

Welcome to SovereignGraceSingles.com. Where Reformed Faith and Romance Come Together! We are the only Christian dating website for Christian Singles in the Reformed Faith worldwide. Our focus is to bring together Christian singles of all ages. Reformed single Christian men and women who wish to meet other Reformed Christian singles for spiritually, like-minded, loving relationships.
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” - Genesis 2:18
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

Meet Like Minded Believers Can two walk together except they be agreed? - Amos 3:3
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

SGS offers a "fenced" community: both for private single members and also a public Protestant forums open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene-derived Christian Church.
Join us now
Guest William

Genesis 1:1 Is the First Event, Not a Summary

islandrazor

Well, as I stated, I couldn't care any less how God did it.I know He did... And He does pretty good work. Thank you God.

In everything give thanks. And friends I don't believe in evilution.

Edited by islandrazor
  • Like 1

nolidad
I see no explanation in Scripture about when God created the unformed earth. It simply says that the earth was formless and void and doesn't explain how long it has been there. All of that is kinda interesting to ponder, but we won't know this side of heaven because it isn't in the Bible. it isn't there because it isn't the point of the book. Because even though science and history is in the Bible, the Bible is not about science and history. The main point of the first chapter is that "God made it"

But it does!

Genesis 1 King James Version (KJV)

1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

• Like 1

nolidad
Well, as I stated, I couldn't care any less how God did it.I know He did... And He does pretty good work. Thank you God.

I am just surprised that you let unbelieving science sway your opinion of clearly written Scripture! Especially when the real evidence points against their long age conclusions.

• Like 1

nolidad
In the beginning God…… And God said….

Christ is the Word of God. God, the I Am, The source of everything created everything. Christ implemented it. They are One in purpose, intent, direction… Past, Present, Future, without beginning or end. We, the church are supposed to be one, one body different functions. When we marry, we become one in God’s sight.

Col 1:13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

Hebrews 1:8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

10 And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:

Rev 10:6 And sware by him that liveth for ever and ever, who created heaven, and the things that therein are, and the earth, and the things that therein are, and the sea, and the things which are therein, that there should be time no longer:

Eternity will return. This temporal universe will end. “And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.”

I don’t have the sense that Stephen Hawking is going to get the billions of years of earth existence he imagines.

I see evil men waxing worse and worse. I see that which is evil in God’s sight being considered good and that which is good considered intolerant and hateful. I see wars and rumors of wars, earthquakes and famine.

I look forward to this promise...

For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.

Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

And I say, “To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord, Even so Lord, Come...”

I don’t care how old this earth is, We get a new one. God knows them that are His. May He strengthen and sustain each one of my brothers and sisters, And may you walk not after the flesh, but rather in His spirit looking forward to and “waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body”.

Hi sue! I forget where I heard this but when a boy heard God created everything in 6 days he was aghast! when His preacher asked if he didn't believe in that- the boy answered he wondered why God took so long!!! LOL

Sue D.

Well -- there aren't any other ways , are there? Either Biblical creation or evolution -- unless-- you believe in theistic evolution. I guess that it bothers me that you really Don't seem to care what God says He Did do.

islandrazor

nolidad and Sue D.

I don't let unbelieving science sway anything. I believe most “Scientists” truly believe they are to smart for God, which is why scripture points out, “There are not many wise among you”. (That scripture of course does not pertain to any person on this site. Just professing Christ and being on this site indicates great wisdom in choices.)

Ephesians 4:18--For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent. Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe. For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom: But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;

I think there are some really bright minds that have applied themselves to the discovery of the origin of creation and pursuit of reverse engineering God's creation. So I will reiterate, I believe in creation. Period. I do not believe in evolution. My intent in this post was to point how blind very smart people can be. God says, “All of creation speaks of a Creator, so they will be without excuse”. (Paraphrased.)

I also wanted to point out that if we take an non biased look at Genesis, ah, here we go again. Now I know you all love God, and desire to defend Him.

He is not threatened. As He says in Isaiah 41:

So that people may see and know,

may consider and understand,

that the hand of the Lord has done this,

that the Holy One of Israel has created it.

21 “Present your case,” says the Lord.

“Set forth your arguments,” says Jacob’s King.

22 “Tell us, you idols,

what is going to happen.

Tell us what the former things were,

so that we may consider them

and know their final outcome.

Or declare to us the things to come,

23 tell us what the future holds,

so we may know that you are gods.

Do something, whether good or bad,

so that we will be dismayed and filled with fear.

24 But you are less than nothing

and your works are utterly worthless;

whoever chooses you is detestable.

(Maybe God has a sense of humor too.) He gave me life.

Back to Genesis.

Without trying to defend God, who can take care of Himself, Can we realistically argue that there were 24 hour days absent the sun? (Now let’s try it without adding anything or responding as if we need to look out for God.) So now I repeat, I don’t care how He made it, or how long a day was, God is light… For all I know he spoke and boom! One second and Christ had it done. I know He did, He does great work. Thank you God. We love you.

And nolidad I appreciate your concern. You have a heart for God. Thank you for caring.

You are a good woman Sue D. I’m absolutely certain I care very much about what God says. It’s really a question of what did he say there in Genesis? Now I love and respect both of you. And we may not disagree at all.

Sue D.
nolidad and Sue D.

I don't let unbelieving science sway anything. I believe most “Scientists” truly believe they are to smart for God, which is why scripture points out, “There are not many wise among you”. (That scripture of course does not pertain to any person on this site. Just professing Christ and being on this site indicates great wisdom in choices.)

Ephesians 4:18--For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent. Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe. For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom: But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;

I think there are some really bright minds that have applied themselves to the discovery of the origin of creation and pursuit of reverse engineering God's creation. So I will reiterate, I believe in creation. Period. I do not believe in evolution. My intent in this post was to point how blind very smart people can be. God says, “All of creation speaks of a Creator, so they will be without excuse”. (Paraphrased.)

I also wanted to point out that if we take an non biased look at Genesis, ah, here we go again. Now I know you all love God, and desire to defend Him.

22 “Tell us, you idols,

what is going to happen.

Back to Genesis.

Without trying to defend God, who can take care of Himself, Can we realistically argue that there were 24 hour days absent the sun? (Now let’s try it without adding anything or responding as if we need to look out for God.) So now I repeat, I don’t care how He made it, or how long a day was, God is light… For all I know he spoke and boom! One second and Christ had it done. I know He did, He does great work. Thank you God. We love you.

And nolidad I appreciate your concern. You have a heart for God. Thank you for caring.

You are a good woman Sue D. I’m absolutely certain I care very much about what God says. It’s really a question of what did he say there in Genesis? Now I love and respect both of you. And we may not disagree at all.

Regarding the 24 hr days without the sun. It Has been suggested that God's light -- He Is the light of the world -- was providing the 'light' until the Sun and moon were created. And, yes, He Did / always Does know what He's doing. And that's what Genesis says -- He spoke and it was done and it was good.

nolidad
Can we realistically argue that there were 24 hour days absent the sun? (Now let’s try it without adding anything or responding as if we need to look out for God.)

No we Can't First time began when God spoke the universe into existence On earth there was 24 hour days. The earth was rotating so that made the 24 hour measurement! Moses in all likelihood was inspired to write in the evening and morning to make it consistent with the rest of the days of creation Evening and morning are just a way of dividing that 24 hour day! Hours is another, minutes another etc.

• Like 1

nolidad
nolidad and Sue D.

22 “Tell us, you idols,

what is going to happen.

Back to Genesis.

The danger of not taking literal passages literally, is you set up the argument of- why do you have to take this passage literally when you don't take this one literally. Satan is a wily deciever and we have seen the fruits of his deception in many churches. By8 little compromises in places where Scripture is very clear like here: Many lies have popped up. Things like the Bible is not the word of God but contains the word of God. And presently whole denominations that used to be on fire for the Lord are now apostate!

I terach all my students that if god bothered to insoire it to write down- we must defend it in its context.

Sue D.
Can we realistically argue that there were 24 hour days absent the sun? (Now let’s try it without adding anything or responding as if we need to look out for God.)

No we Can't First time began when God spoke the universe into existence On earth there was 24 hour days. The earth was rotating so that made the 24 hour measurement! Moses in all likelihood was inspired to write in the evening and morning to make it consistent with the rest of the days of creation Evening and morning are just a way of dividing that 24 hour day! Hours is another, minutes another etc.

Good point.

Ransol
I see no explanation in Scripture about when God created the unformed earth. It simply says that the earth was formless and void and doesn't explain how long it has been there. All of that is kinda interesting to ponder, but we won't know this side of heaven because it isn't in the Bible. it isn't there because it isn't the point of the book. Because even though science and history is in the Bible, the Bible is not about science and history. The main point of the first chapter is that "God made it"

Exodus 20:11 spells it out nicely.

• Like 2

Pillar

Prof. Vern Poythress is basically serving up different views of the Genesis account, but only one of those views falls into proper English reading and comprehension.

We are supposed think that the traditional view is just another opinion, when the traditional view isn't so because of tradition, but because the language doesn't say anything else.

There are some people who think that it's not a matter of salvation. They could not be further from the truth.

When Jesus expounded the scriptures to his disciples he would begin with Genesis. The very first words are the foundation for the entire Bible. If you have a dubious foundation, the whole building will be worthless.

Genesis speaks of faith in our God who creates by the power of his word, which is instant. If we are saved by the word of God in salvation, we need instant spiritual healing.

If God is so powerless that we have to wait for things to modify themselves, why do we need God at all?

Satan knows that the real Genesis account is vital to salvation, that's why he will do anything to hide the honor, power and glory which belongs to God.

• Like 2

Sue D.
Prof. Vern Poythress is basically serving up different views of the Genesis account, but only one of those views falls into proper English reading and comprehension.

We are supposed think that the traditional view is just another opinion, when the traditional view isn't so because of tradition, but because the language doesn't say anything else.

There are some people who think that it's not a matter of salvation. They could not be further from the truth.

When Jesus expounded the scriptures to his disciples he would begin with Genesis. The very first words are the foundation for the entire Bible. If you have a dubious foundation, the whole building will be worthless.

Genesis speaks of faith in our God who creates by the power of his word, which is instant. If we are saved by the word of God in salvation, we need instant spiritual healing.

If God is so powerless that we have to wait for things to modify themselves, why do we need God at all?

Satan knows that the real Genesis account is vital to salvation, that's why he will do anything to hide the honor, power and glory which belongs to God.

Very good point.

tugz

My perspective is that Genesis 1:1 is the creation of the earth fully. I believe if a person starts reading in Genesis 2:4 following Genesis 1:1 one will see what was on earth then and what transpired. This reconciles with Job 38 in that we see that what Job is describing what transpired then.

We see from Genesis 2:5 that there was no man to till the ground and in Job 38:26 he states there is no man to till the ground. Also you will find that almost all of those speaking in Job describe there origin from the dust or the clay of the earth. We see in Genesis 2:7 God made man from the dust of the earth.

I believe a initial creation took place starting in Genesis 1:1, 2;4 through Genesis 4:26. I believe starting in Genesis 1:2 designates a second creation (a 7 day reconstruction.) and the deep here is the result of mans fall and is tied with Lucifer's. There's a lot to this but we can see from Ezekiel 31 that the Assyrian was cast into Hell. Looking at Genesis 2:14, Ezekiel 28&31, and Isaiah 14:25 We can gather clues about this. The description of the this creation goes from Genesis 1:2 through Genesis 2:3.

We see in Genesis 3 that the first man looses his access from the tree of life and from this he no longer has eternal life. This new creation is not eternal and now must reproduce and so God told them to multiple and replenish the earth (Genesis 1:28). That is, replenish the earth since the first creation is gone.

Two important things to note is that this new creation(the second creation) is characterized as being after Gods likeness and recognized after his kind.

The first creation is characterized by being made by the dust of the earth and having the breath of life in it.

We can see through the Noah ark story they are kept separate. Here is a quick example.

Genesis 7:(13-15) KJV 13 In the selfsame day entered Noah, and Shem, and Ham, and Japheth, the sons of Noah, and Noah’s wife, and the three wives of his sons with them, into the ark; 14 They, and every beast after his kind, and all the cattle after their kind, and every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind, and every fowl after his kind, every bird of every sort. 15 And they went in unto Noah into the ark, two and two of all flesh, wherein is the breath of life.

Notice in 14 that the creation after his kind(the second creation and Noah was already on the ark. We see for 13 that in the same day Noah, his family, and the animals after his kind went onto the ark. Notice in 15 “they” went unto Noah who was already in the ark. Those from the first creation, the ones with the breath of life in, those made from the dust of the earth.

Is this the difference between clean and unclean animals? Who knows.

This is just my opinion.

Edited by tugz