SovereignGraceSingles

Welcome to SovereignGraceSingles.com. Where Reformed Faith and Romance Come Together! We are the only Christian dating website for Christian Singles in the Reformed Faith worldwide. Our focus is to bring together Christian singles of all ages. Reformed single Christian men and women who wish to meet other Reformed Christian singles for spiritually, like-minded, loving relationships.
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” - Genesis 2:18
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

Meet Like Minded Believers Can two walk together except they be agreed? - Amos 3:3
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

SGS offers a "fenced" community: both for private single members and also a public Protestant forums open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene-derived Christian Church.
Join us now
Faber

Is it proper to worship the Holy Spirit?

Guest RdrEm
51 minutes ago, JesusIsFaithful said:

Yes, it does have bearing on this matter, but maybe not in the way you would think.

So when Jesus said God is Spirit, that was not inferring that the Father did not have an image but that worship will not be contained within a wall or a specific place, and that at any time any one wishes to approach God the Father in worship is by honoring and glorifying the Son in worship. 

I think perhaps you may be thinking a little too concretely about what being made in 'God's Image and likeness' might mean. God is Spirit, and as such is not visible to human eyes. Hence the futility of making images of God. Jesus Christ was 'incarnate' and became 'man'. If we have seen Him, he said, we have seen The Father. But the Father has no 'image'. Jesus therefore was referring to his personality, his spiritual persona, not his physical attributes or appearance. i.e. his immortal person. While he was alive on earth, he was as we are, incapable of living without a body. We are 'Made in the image and likeness of God' in that we are also 'Spirit', just as Jesus was, 'Spirit'. The body that Jesus displayed at the last supper was not immortal. God is immortal and the Spirit of Jesus was immortal. The body of Jesus had to die, there was no other way for him to 'Go to the Father' except through death. The same applies to each and every one of us. We know the way, because Jesus has gone before us, that self same way. The image of God in us is also immortal, just as it was in Christ. Jesus is now "A life giving Spirit", since he ascended to The Father. Jesus is also the means by which God was reconciled with the world, and is now no longer holding their sins against them. 2 Cor.5:19. He was the only one who could do that, that is why it is only through Him that anyone comes to the father.

Edited by RdrEm
spelling

JesusIsFaithful
36 minutes ago, Faber said:

Your confusion with these passages is enormous so I decided to stick with just one instance of worship given to the Holy Spirit. The fact that grace and peace flow equally from the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit demonstrates that the Holy Spirit is being worshiped. When in the NT Paul would often proclaim, "Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus...." or words similar to this it is a prayer to them to bless the recipients of his letters with grace and peace. Now we have it done in Revelation 1:4-5, but this time the Holy Spirit is included as the source of this grace and peace who John prays to in his blessing for the recipients of his letter.

I just plain do not see any worship given TO the Holy Spirit but John giving a message of grace & peace from Jesus on that throne and FROM the seven Spirits representing the seven churches that Jesus sees before His throne.

Revelation 1:4 John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne; 5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood, 6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen. 7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

Guest Becky
46 minutes ago, JesusIsFaithful said:

John 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

he will guide you into all truth who is this "he"

Guest RdrEm
5 minutes ago, Becky said:

1 Jn.4:6. ?

Guest RdrEm

@JesusIsFaithful Given that you believe what you are convinced of then, how does that affect your walk in the Holy Spirit, compared to what you might discern about others who believe God is Spirit and must be worshiped in Spirit and Truth, at all times and in all places?

JesusIsFaithful
1 minute ago, RdrEm said:

I think perhaps you may be thinking a little to concretely about what being made in 'God's Image and likeness' might mean. God is Spirit, and as such is not visible to human eyes. Hence the futility of making images of God. Jesus Christ was 'incarnate' and became 'man'. If we have seen Him, he said, we have seen The Father. But the Father has no 'image'. Jesus therefore was referring to his personality, his spiritual persona, not his physical attributes or appearance. i.e. his immortal person. While he was alive on earth, he was as we are, incapable of living without a body. We are 'Made in the image and likeness of God' in that we are also 'Spirit', just as Jesus was, 'Spirit'. The body that Jesus displayed at the last supper was not immortal. God is immortal and the Spirit of Jesus was immortal. The body of Jesus had to die, there was no other way for him to 'Go to the Father' except through death. The same applies to each and every one of us. We know the way, because Jesus has gone before us, that self same way. The image of God in us is also immortal, just as it was in Christ. Jesus is now "A life giving Spirit", since he ascended to The Father. Jesus is also the means by which God was reconciled with the world, and is now no longer holding their sins against them. 2 Cor.5:19. He was the only one who could do that, that is why it is only through Him that anyone can come to the father.

Well, brother, Jesus was the God that men had seen in the Old Testament.  That was what Jesus was talking about in regards to Moses writing about Him.

John 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me....46 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me; for he wrote of me. 47 But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

John 8:56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad. 57 Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham? 58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

What day was that?

Genesis 12:7And the Lord appeared unto Abram, and said, Unto thy seed will I give this land: and there builded he an altar unto the Lord, who appeared unto him.

And again in

Genesis 17:1And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the Lord appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect.

And again

Genesis 18:1And the Lord appeared unto him in the plains of Mamre: and he sat in the tent door in the heat of the day;

The Lord appeared also appeared to Isaac and Jacob too.

Genesis 26:1And there was a famine in the land, beside the first famine that was in the days of Abraham. And Isaac went unto Abimelech king of the Philistines unto Gerar. 2 And the Lord appeared unto him, and said, Go not down into Egypt; dwell in the land which I shall tell thee of: 3 Sojourn in this land, and I will be with thee, and will bless thee; for unto thee, and unto thy seed, I will give all these countries, and I will perform the oath which I sware unto Abraham thy father;

Genesis 32:24 And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day. 25 And when he saw that he prevailed not against him, he touched the hollow of his thigh; and the hollow of Jacob's thigh was out of joint, as he wrestled with him. 26 And he said, Let me go, for the day breaketh. And he said, I will not let thee go, except thou bless me. 27 And he said unto him, What is thy name? And he said, Jacob. 28 And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed. 29 And Jacob asked him, and said, Tell me, I pray thee, thy name. And he said, Wherefore is it that thou dost ask after my name? And he blessed him there. 30 And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.

So men have seen the Son of God before His incarnation and had lived.

How do we know that men had not seen the Father?  Jesus said so, but He also said that He had seen the Father..

John 1:18No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

And again...Jesus testify that no man has seen teh father but He has because He is God.

John 6:46Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father.

So when I read this about the request to create man in "their" image, then within that Godhead are two images that I know of which is of the Father & the Son in creating man in His image.

Genesis 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. 27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

That plurality testifies of God the Father also having an image like the Son had in creating man as the One God in His image.

Anyway.  I hope you understand where I am coming from as His words does more than declare we will see the Father one day in asking Him directly when we are in Heaven.

I know that sometimes the word invisible throws the readers off, but it just means not presently seen as proven by how the King of kings, Jesus is invisible only because He is not presently seen.

1 Timothy 1:16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting. 17 Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen.

So is Jesus invisible and just a Spirit?  No.  He has a celestial body that we shall inherit, providing we are found abiding in Him & His words as His disciples by His grace & by His help to inherit that firstfruit of the resurrection when the Bridegroom comes.

JesusIsFaithful
18 minutes ago, Becky said:

Thank you for joining in the discussion, sister.

John 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

The "he" you are referring to is the Spirit of truth, BUT who is the truth?  Jesus is.

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

I acknowledge that Jesus is citing what the Holy Spirit will do, but I also acknowledge where the words are coming from being the Spirit of Truth as coming from Jesus Himself.

Guest Becky
4 minutes ago, JesusIsFaithful said:

Thank you for joining in the discussion, sister.

The "he" you are referring to is the Spirit of truth, BUT who is the truth?  Jesus is.

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

I acknowledge that Jesus is citing what the Holy Spirit will do, but I also acknowledge where the words are coming from being the Spirit of Truth as coming from Jesus Himself.

Seems to me Jesus is speaking here isn't that  a strange way to refer to Himself? Seems a stretch.

JesusIsFaithful
10 minutes ago, RdrEm said:

@JesusIsFaithful Given that you believe what you are convinced of then, how does that affect your walk in the Holy Spirit, compared to what you might discern about others who believe God is Spirit and must be worshiped in Spirit and Truth, at all times and in all places?

As opposed to how some worship God OUT of the spirit and apart from the truth when they call for the Holy Spirit to come and fall on them as if He wasn't already in them as promised for coming to & believing in Jesus Christ at the calling of the gospel?

Incidentally, does you Bible version has spirit and truth capitalized or not?

John 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.  KJV

Doesn't it strike you as odd that although Spirit is capitalized in regarding God's omnipresence in answering the woman's question where to worship God at, and yet when it comes to worshiping Him in spirit and in truth, neither spirit or truth is capitalized? 

At any rate, John 4:24 is about the woman's question where to worship God the Father at;  the mountains or Jerusalem, and Jesus referring to His omnipresence is not testifying to God the Father nor Himself as not having an image from which man was created from.

JesusIsFaithful
Just now, Becky said:

Seems to me Jesus is speaking here isn't that  a strange way to refer to Himself? 

Well, if you speak of sending a messenger and that he will be speaking for you, you are speaking of the messenger in what he will do, and that is relaying your message to whomever you had sent him to.  of course, with the Holy Spirit, He forever indwells so that Jesus can fulfill His role as our Good shepherd guiding us through the Holy Spirit in us.

The indwelling Holy Spirit is not going to be offended if the believers are focusing on Whom the Holy Spirit and scripture is still pointing to in coming to God the Father by, and that is by the only way of the Son, hence the Bridegroom.

1 hour ago, JesusIsFaithful said:

Doesn't it strike you as odd that although Spirit is capitalized in regarding God's omnipresence in answering the woman's question where to worship God at, and yet when it comes to worshiping Him in spirit and in truth, neither spirit or truth is capitalized? 

The capitalization of the letter "S" is nothing more than a translation choice.  Other translations don't.  Moreover you are simply reading way too much into the capital letter "S."

JesusIsFaithful
On 6/29/2017 at 10:47 PM, William said:

@Faber

For the sake of dialogue, brother, lemme ask you whether there is any Scripture which forbids worship unto the Holy Spirit?

John 5:22 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:

Doesn't verse 22 sound serious as if what follows next is how all believers will be judged by?

John 5:23 That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

So the moment any believer stops honoring the Son, they are no longer honoring the Father.  That is the explanation for why the honoring of the Holy Spirit is not mentioned in that judgment.

On 6/29/2017 at 10:47 PM, William said:

And how can one divine person not be worshiped if worship is directed towards One God in Three Persons?

Maybe the question is why all invitations and scripture points to coming to the Son in approaching God the Father by in anything?

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me......13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

Jesus has testified the only way any believer can approach God the Father by in anything and that is by the only way of the Son, and that the Son answers prayers so that the Father may be glorified in the Son for answers to prayers.

Faber does not believe in those weird and crazy movements of the "Spirit" where people lose control as well as fall backwards as a another way of losing self control, but Faber believes it is okay to pray to the Holy Spirit and YET that is what those wayward believers are doing in those movements of the "spirit" in calling for the Holy spirit to come and fall on them.  So what is wrong with that picture?  Why would God allow the devil to respond and not the Holy Spirit when  addressed in those apostate movements of the "spirit"?  How can he or any one prove that it was not the Holy Spirit when that was who they had prayed to in order to invoke the "spirit" to come with signs & lying wonders of confusion.

Jesus warned in Matthew 7:13-27 that false prophet will come in and broaden the way in worship and by not heeding His words of John 14:6, many believers will fall in those movement of the "spirit".  It does not matter how many will claim casting our devils in His name, prophesying in His name, or doing wonderful works in His name, by that iniquity of broadening the way in the worship place the way the Nicene creed has done, many believers fall for the spirits of the antichrist when the focus was on the Holy Spirit in worship, or at the very least, seduce them in thinking that was the Holy Spirit so when they call upon Him to come again, that happens again.  How can anyone reprove them if Faber or the majority of churches believes they can approach God the Father in worship by way of honoring the Holy Spirit?  They can't.

Luke 13:24-30 says in the latter days before His return, believers are to strive ye to enter through the straight gate because that is how bad the Nicene creed has done in broadening the way in the worship place in these latter days to include the worship of the Holy Spirit with the Father & the Son.  So it is not the blessed "Trinity" that God the Father is glorified by, but by the Son Whose name is above every other name and that excludes the name of "Trinity" in worship.

If believers wish to reprove those spirits of the antichrist from coming in to their churches in leading others astray, then they can't have the way broaden in the worship place by how we are to come to God the Father by. 

As it is, if churches do not narrow the way, then when something supernatural happens that they believed was the Holy Spirit because He was addressed, and honored in worship, no one will be able to prove otherwise that it was not the real holy Spirit regardless of the confusion which scripture testify that God is not the author of.

JesusIsFaithful
13 minutes ago, Origen said:

The capitalization of the letter "S" is nothing more than a translation choice.  Other translations don't.

How can we avoid applying scripture as if private interpretation?

2 Peter 1:19 We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts: 20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. 21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

It is either about the Holy Spirit or it is not.

Strong's Concordance has this as follows for the Greek word pneuma;

"from pnew - pneo 4154; a current of air, i.e. breath (blast) or a breeze; by analogy or figuratively, a spirit, i.e. (human) the rational soul, (by implication) vital principle, mental disposition, etc., or (superhuman) an angel, demon, or (divine) God, Christ's spirit, the Holy Spirit:--ghost, life, spirit(-ual, -ually), mind. Compare yuch - psuche 5590."

Now since Jesus is giving an answer about how a time will come where believers are not limited to neither the mountains nor Jerusalem, I would say a vital principle or a mental disposition is being given here rather than a testimony about being in the Holy Ghost in Jesus Christ.

13 minutes ago, Origen said:

Moreover you are simply reading way too much into the capital letter "S."

But how can you prove that, brother?  Or better yet, how can you reprove what I have shared for why it is a small "s" in spirit and a small "t" in truth when He was answering that woman's question?

Guest Becky

Jesus refers to the Holy Spirit as "he" why do we say it, or the? 

JesusIsFaithful
1 minute ago, Becky said:

I am not sure about the ending of your question, sister, but we can address the Holy Spirit by the pronouns of He and Him.

Jesus has testified that we will bear witness of the Son in John 15:27.  That was after Jesus said that the Holy Spirit will bear witness of the Son in John 15:26.  So how can the Holy spirit do that?  Through us.

In order for my singular testimony to be true about the Son, I need another witness and the Spirit of Christ within me is that other Witness to make my singular witness true when sharing the gospel to others.  John 8:17

So just because Jesus refers to the Holy Spirit in what He will do in His role as a Witness as Jesus has also testified in what we will do as His witnesses, that does not mean that the words are not coming from Jesus; the Word of God.  In representing Jesus Christ, we will be sharing His words of truth to others.

Faber
On 6/29/2017 at 4:37 AM, Faber said:

B. Matthew 28:19

Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. (NASB)

In water baptism the believer makes an "appeal to God for a good conscience" (1 Peter 3:21). Since the Holy Spirit is included in this "name" He (as well as the Father and the Son) is in view when this liturgical action takes place.

1. Benjamin B. Warfield: This is a direct ascription to Yahweh, the God of Israel, of a threefold personality, and is therewith the direct enunciation of the doctrine of the Trinity. We are not witnessing here the birth of the doctrine of the Trinity; that is presupposed. What we are witnessing is the authoritative announcement of the Trinity as the God of Christianity by its Founder, in one of the most solemn of His recorded declarations. Israel had worshipped the one only true God under the Name of Yahweh; Christians are to worship the same one only and true God under the Name of "the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Ghost." This is the distinguishing characteristic of Christians; and that is as much as to say that the doctrine of the Trinity is, according to our Lord's own apprehension of it, the distinctive mark of the religion which He founded. (International Standard Bible Encyclopedia, Trinity, See #13 "The Baptismal Formula")

http://www.internationalstandardbibl...trinity-1.html

Murray Harris: So then, just as in commercial usage payment 'into' someone's name indicated a transfer of money into someone's account, so in baptism there is signified a transference of believers into the permanent possession and safe keeping of the omnipotent Trinity. In baptism God says to the believer, 'You belong to me. You are my adopted son, my adopted daughter, for ever.' And in response the believer says to God, 'I belong to you. I will be your willing slave for ever' (Slave of Christ: A New Testament Metaphor for Total Devotion to Jesus, page 110, the underlined is mine).

The believer says to the Triune God establishes that the believer is worshiping the Triune God.

Faber
2 hours ago, JesusIsFaithful said:

I just plain do not see any worship given TO the Holy Spirit but John giving a message of grace & peace from Jesus on that throne and FROM the seven Spirits representing the seven churches that Jesus sees before His throne.

Blessing someone in the name of the Lord is worshiping the Lord (Numbers 6:24-26).

atpollard
19 minutes ago, Becky said:

"It" is probably wrong (bad grammar), but "the" might be appropriate to the situation.  We refer to Jesus as God the Son or the son of God with no question of his being a "him".  So the Holy Spirit seems as valid as the Father and the Son.

JesusIsFaithful
8 minutes ago, Faber said:

Murray Harris: So then, just as in commercial usage payment 'into' someone's name indicated a transfer of money into someone's account, so in baptism there is signified a transference of believers into the permanent possession and safe keeping of the omnipotent Trinity. In baptism God says to the believer, 'You belong to me. You are my adopted son, my adopted daughter, for ever.' And in response the believer says to God, 'I belong to you. I will be your willing slave for ever' (Slave of Christ: A New Testament Metaphor for Total Devotion to Jesus, page 110, the underlined is mine).

The believer says to the Triune God establishes that the believer is worshiping the Triune God.

May I ask you to not lean on man's teaching by his reasoning and face the white elephant in the thread?

How can you prove to those that have gone astray in the "holy laughter" movement or any other movement of confusion when they were addressing the Holy Spirit in worship to come and fall on them?

Faber
3 hours ago, JesusIsFaithful said:

Isaiah 6:3 And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the Lord of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory.

In context...

Isaiah 6:1In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple. 2 Above it stood the seraphims: each one had six wings; with twain he covered his face, and with twain he covered his feet, and with twain he did fly.  3 And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the Lord of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory.

I still read this as the Son of God sitting upon that throne.

Acts 28:25And when they agreed not among themselves, they departed, after that Paul had spoken one word, Well spake the Holy Ghost by Esaias the prophet unto our fathers,

Again, it is with the understanding that when the Esaias had spoken, it was the Holy Spirit speaking through him, and the words that the Holy Spirit had spoken were not His own words but the words from the Father.

So just as Esaias wasn't really speaking nor his own words, the same can be said for the Holy Ghost.  If you contend on that point, then  you are contending that Esaias actually was speaking his own words.

Isaiah recorded through the Holy Spirit that he (Isaiah) was speaking to the Holy Spirit and the Holy Spirit responds to him. 

Faber
1 minute ago, JesusIsFaithful said:

May I ask you to not lean on man's teaching

You are a man and yet you are telling me not to lean on man's teaching.

This means I should not lean on your teaching.

JesusIsFaithful
8 minutes ago, Faber said:

Blessing someone in the name of the Lord is worshiping the Lord (Numbers 6:24-26).

Numbers 6:24 The Lord bless thee, and keep thee: 25 The Lord make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee: 26 The Lord lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

Hmmmm.................trying to see your point of view but it does seem like a stretch.  There are voices where we bless the Lord and I would consider that worshiping the Lord. 

Psalm 103:1 Bless the Lord, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name. 2 Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:

I don't see your point of view yet, but I depend on Him as my Good Shepherd to help me see His message in His words if that was what He was also conveying as well.

Faber
3 hours ago, JesusIsFaithful said:

Acts 1:24 And they prayed, and said, Thou, Lord, which knowest the hearts of all men, shew whether of these two thou hast chosen, 25 That he may take part of this ministry and apostleship, from which Judas by transgression fell, that he might go to his own place.

I read that verse as referring to the Word of God as in the Son of God, the Lord Jesus Christ at that throne of grace as Hebrews 4:12-16 plainly testifies to that plain truth.  There is no evidence in that reference as praying specifically to the Holy Ghost.

Do we prove and reprove by the scripture or not?  Do we allow private interpretation or do we take Him at the plainness of His words? 

I gave several pieces of evidence in the OP and you have not addressed any of them

JesusIsFaithful
6 minutes ago, Faber said:

Isaiah recorded through the Holy Spirit that he (Isaiah) was speaking to the Holy Spirit and the Holy Spirit responds to him. 

I disagree then.  You cannot have the holy Spirit speaking through him as to what to write and see that as the prophet speaking back to the Holy Spirit.  No way.

Faber
1 minute ago, JesusIsFaithful said:

Numbers 6:24 The Lord bless thee, and keep thee: 25 The Lord make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee: 26 The Lord lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

Blessing the people by referring to Him giving them "peace" is worshiping the Lord.

John refers to the Holy Spirit in reference to the "peace" He gives to those who read what John writes.