SovereignGraceSingles

Welcome to SovereignGraceSingles.com. Where Reformed Faith and Romance Come Together! We are the only Christian dating website for Christian Singles in the Reformed Faith worldwide. Our focus is to bring together Christian singles of all ages. Reformed single Christian men and women who wish to meet other Reformed Christian singles for spiritually, like-minded, loving relationships.
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” - Genesis 2:18
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

Meet Like Minded Believers Can two walk together except they be agreed? - Amos 3:3
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

SGS offers a "fenced" community: both for private single members and also a public Protestant forums open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene-derived Christian Church.
Join us now
Faber

Christians are not under the command to obey the 7th day Sabbath (Colossians 2:16)

Ben Asher
8 hours ago, Faber said:

It doesn't have to use the specific term when the Old Covenant is clearly being referred to (cf. Hebrews 8:13).

If, it had been clear sure, but as the verse stands is not clear that Hebrews 8;13 is talking about the Tanakh (or the 39 books of the Old Testament / Old Covenant) being made obsolete.

Ben Asher
18 hours ago, William said:

You shouldn't be satisfied with any answer whether right or wrong unless you can perceive it from Scripture alone yourself. 

@William This sounds like a great slogan and wonderful advice!

It is even better than one my favorite slogans:

חפשו בתורה היטב ואל תסתמכו על דברי

"Search thoroughly in the Torah and do not rely on my interpretation."

Grace and Peace

Faber
On 8/24/2019 at 7:10 PM, Ben Asher said:

If, it had been clear sure, but as the verse stands is not clear that Hebrews 8;13 is talking about the Tanakh (or the 39 books of the Old Testament / Old Covenant) being made obsolete.

The Old Covenant - the covenant made between God and those whom He delivered from the bondage of the Egyptians.

Guest Becky

Some covenants 

Heb_12:24  And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel. 
Mal_2:4  And ye shall know that I have sent this commandment unto you, that my covenant might be with Levi, saith the LORD of hosts

Gen 9:8  And God spake unto Noah, and to his sons with him, saying, 
Gen 9:9  And I, behold, I establish my covenant with you, and with your seed after you;

Gen_15:18  In the same day the LORD made a covenant with Abram, saying, Unto thy seed have I given this land, from the river of Egypt unto the great river, the river Euphrates: 
Exo_24:8  And Moses took the blood, and sprinkled it on the people, and said, Behold the blood of the covenant, which the LORD hath made with you concerning all these words. 

One might think years of Sunday School, Bible studies , having a dad that was a preacher i might have realized there are more then 2 Covenants. . There are numerous Old Testament covenants . A couple  are big deal ones some are sorta repeats, . Seems man mess up the covenants GOD keeps His word we dont. How wonderful to see/understand  His Blood that was sprinkled Is the covenant that is everlasting it is not the picture from the past used to give us vision but His sprinkled Blood is the real thing..   

Any link etc on this topic would be welcome

Ben Asher
14 hours ago, Faber said:

the covenant made between God and those whom He delivered from the bondage of the Egyptians.

Oh, you mean the Sinaitic Covenant (or what the Tanakh tends to call the תורת משה/Torath Moshe)?

Guest Becky

Mosaic covenant - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mosaic_covenant

The Mosaic covenant, also known as the Sinaitic covenant, refers to a biblical covenantbetween God and the biblical Israelites, including their proselytes. The establishment and stipulations of the Mosaic covenant are recorded in the first five books of the Hebrew Bible, traditionally attributed to Moses and collectively called the Torah or Pentateuch. This covenant is sometimes also referred to as the Law of Moses, Mosaic Law, or the 613 Mitzvot, or commandments.

Guest William
24 minutes ago, Becky said:

including their proselytes

Interesting. Makes me question how one defines "Jew".

One thing I take an interest in is I see a vast variety of races within Islam. An "ideological" identity or religious one. If only Christianity identified as neither Jew nor Greek, but from every tongue, tribe, and nation.

monday GIF

Love sarcasm Mondays!

Guest William
4 hours ago, Becky said:

@William dont trust WiKi 

Oh, I reference WiKi all the time

sarcastic sarcasm GIF

Ben Asher

Greetings @William 

Your question:

13 hours ago, William said:

Interesting. Makes me question how one defines "Jew".

My quick and brief answer:

With in the camp of the children of Israel there were:

(1) the Gerim (Resident Aliens and the בֶּן נֵכָר/Ben Nekkar/foreigner ) who were simply that (Num 9:14, Num 15:26, Num 15:29, Deut 23:8, Deut 26:12).And, then

(2) The  those from among the Gerim who converted/or if male were circumcised (12:48)  and become part of the Children of Israel.

Group one (the Gerim) is similar to the 'God fearers' in the NT they were individuals who for whatevers never converted (or simply joined) and never were circumsed but sill wanted to worship in the religious Jewish communities.

Group two who be similar to those like the Biblical Ruth, Aquila of Sinope, Ole Brunell, and anyone else who to day formally converts to Orthodox Judaism. Such individual will always be consider Jewish under 100%  under Jewish Halakhah be it Orthodox or progressive. And, under Jewish Halakhah it is actually forbidden to remind one that they were a convert. A convert is to be consider completely Jewish.

Jewishness is sort of like citizenship rather race, as Jews are actually of many different races and ethnic groups. There are Ashkenazi (German/European Jews), Sephardi (Spanish Jews), Mizrahi (Egyptian Jews),Yemenite Jews, Arab Jews, Beta Israel/formally Falasha (Ethiopian Jews), and more.

(Important point) Basically, if your Mother is Jewish then under Jewish halakhah you are consider to be Jewish whether or not your father is Jewish and whether or not you are religious or atheist.  

If, you convert under Orthodox Jewish authorities everyone will consider you as Jewish, if you convert to under the Conservative movement (or Masorti Judaism) then only Conservative Jews and Reform Jews will accept your conversion as valid, if you convert under the Reform movement then only the Reform movement of Judaism and maybe those in Reconstructionist Judaism.

LINKS TO OTHER ANSWERS:

(1)  http://www.jewfaq.org/whoisjew.htm     

(2)  https://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/3854897/jewish/Who-Is-a-Jew.htm

(3)  https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/who-is-a-jew

(4)  https://www.myjewishlearning.com/article/who-is-a-jew-legal-issues/

(5) https://forward.com/opinion/spirituality/389736/we-asked-23-rabbis-what-are-jews-exactly/

Grace and Peace