SovereignGraceSingles

Welcome to SovereignGraceSingles.com. Where Reformed Faith and Romance Come Together! We are the only Christian dating website for Christian Singles in the Reformed Faith worldwide. Our focus is to bring together Christian singles of all ages. Reformed single Christian men and women who wish to meet other Reformed Christian singles for spiritually, like-minded, loving relationships.
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” - Genesis 2:18
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

Meet Like Minded Believers Can two walk together except they be agreed? - Amos 3:3
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

SGS offers a "fenced" community: both for private single members and also a public Protestant forums open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene-derived Christian Church.
Join us now
Sherlin

The Affair We Have With Christmas

Sherlin

This is to be our lifestyle and posture EVERY DAY. Why do you need a day to do this?

• Love 1

Innerfire89
This is to be our lifestyle and posture EVERY DAY. Why do you need a day to do this?

Why stop for one day? No one said they don't worship God everyday of the rest of the year.

​​​​​​

Amanda Lee
On 12/1/2017 at 6:32 AM, Sherlin said:

Taken from my blog site:

https://waytruthandlifeweb.wordpress.com/

Picture the scene, Jesus full of a rage that no one was expecting, for they had never seen this side of Him. They knew Him to be compassionate, patient and loving. A healer. Who was this they were witnessing? He was going about the blessed temple in such anger. He attacked all those who depended upon this as their income to live, He carelessly tossed their precious goods aside. He cared not of what this would do to them, to their livelihood. His indigence and jealousy was expressed clearly as to who it was He cared about. He was revealing to the ignorant people what it was they were doing; making His Father’s House – a den of thieves. Matt 21:11-13

I wonder if Jesus were to walk the earth today if He would not do something similar? Picture this:

The sanctuary was filled with lightheartedness, the smells of spices mingled in the air for the spiced cider awaited the congregants after the service. The lights were especially beautiful twinkling with such joy. The songs of celebration were sung with special enthusiasm for it was the eve of Christmas and all were exceptionally jovial. They came on this day to give honor to Jesus in His birth and it is something they have always done and took great pride in. Keep Christ in Christmas they say! One day in a year that they may freely proclaim Him and they will continue to give honor to their Lord in this way as long as they live!

They just concluded the service and were about to be dismissed when this man enters the room. He looks around and takes in all the sights, He takes a deep breath and begins at one end of the room acting like a maniac! He pulls down the lights, the tree, He tears down all the wall decorations the candles – everyone is in horror. They wonder why someone doesn’t grab him and haul him out of this most sacred place, how dare he they think. He must be demonized and just can’t handle the holy atmosphere they conclude. He takes His place to the stage, the pastor cowers and shrinks to the back.

“My Father will not have you make the birth of His Son a place of idol worship! You have taken what is holy and turned it into market place mockery! You call this worship, but I say – it is not I you worship. For have I not said, you shall not have any other God nor any graven images? Ex 20: 3-5 You have taken what is holy and made it profane, and join with the world in its vulgar rituals. Do you not remember when David had the Ark carried on the cart of an ox? I am exact in what I command as worship to Me. Yet, you have created your own form of worship and honor to Me, you have brought down what is holy, like that day – for they did it according to how they saw fit 2 Sam 6: 1-7 . You say, ‘oh, but we can glorify your name in it! We can share Jesus Christ to all in this thing called Christmas.’ I ask, can one offer sacrifice to Baal and at the same time witness to the world Christ?”

I reflect the day Peter, James and John were the witness to a very glorious thing, the transfiguring of Christ and the visitation of Moses and Elijah. In this most holy and sacred moment, they attempted to bring it down to earth and wanted to make it a place of commemoration. Mark 9:2-8. But they were rebuked by God himself. In the same way has not the birth of Christ been made into a commemoration that was man’s idea? A most glorious and sacred event – boxed up and packaged by our own institution.

I can hear Him say these words in this season of commemoration,

‘This is My Beloved Son! Hear Him!’

Can you?

I totally get this and couldn't agree more.

Matthew A.Duvall
On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 4:04 PM, Paoli B. said:

Well, I actually saw a pastor selling junk in his office after the service.

Some kind of health products in a bottle.

What you saw was a trickster that obviously never did experience the real saving grace of God and the subsequent gift of the indwelling Holy Spirit. Be careful watching those TV preachers . They tell you how to be rich and enjoy prosperity and in the end pocket YOUR cash, call a taxi and head for the airport .