SovereignGraceSingles

Welcome to SovereignGraceSingles.com. Where Reformed Faith and Romance Come Together! We are the only Christian dating website for Christian Singles in the Reformed Faith worldwide. Our focus is to bring together Christian singles of all ages. Reformed single Christian men and women who wish to meet other Reformed Christian singles for spiritually, like-minded, loving relationships.
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” - Genesis 2:18
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

Meet Like Minded Believers Can two walk together except they be agreed? - Amos 3:3
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

SGS offers a "fenced" community: both for private single members and also a public Protestant forums open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene-derived Christian Church.
Join us now
Chasinglight

Is Genesis a kind of parable to explain what could not have been explained?

Chaplain Carter
4 hours ago, atpollard said:

I believe in Micro-evolution ... clearly dogs are not the same as wolves ... but just out of curiosity, could you enlighten me about even one piece of evidence that points towards macro-evolution (fish becoming amphibians, amphibians becoming reptiles, reptiles becoming mammals)?

I don't "doubt" the evidence, I am simply ignorant of any that isn't some version of "because they MUST have".

Just my 0.02 here -- Selective breeding has little or nothing to do with the theory of evolution. There are massive, unfillable gaping holes in the theory of evolution for macro-evolutionary change. There's simply no evidence for it - not just for hominids, but for all of the living creatures and fossil record. Not one transition state in any of the fossils found. And if evolution takes those billions of years, then there was ample time for entire swaths of creatures in the stages of evolving to have been fossilized like the rest of them.

I believe God put in the ability for all of his living creation to *adapt* to changes, but I feel that the phrase, "micro-evolution" is just a hijack of normal and expected adaptation, and is used to prop-up the rest of the mess that is the theory of evolution.

Cheers,

-CC

Deidre
On 12/6/2017 at 10:55 PM, Chasinglight said:

Thanks for your input. Your theory is interesting, though I think i still believe in macro evolution. Although I totally agree with the morals the bible teaches and the story of Jesus, there are however stories I find hard to accept such as Noahs Ark and Jonah and the whale. It goes against any sense of logic in me. The same applies to Genesis. But I think I can still be a good Christian despite not believing in these things, and hopefully there will be room in heaven for me one day.

I used to feel this way, too. But, then I realized...God created the universe. Maybe multi-verses. If He can do that, He can do anything at all. The miracles that we read about in the Bible, are not parables imo, but rather just that - miracles. Displays of how magnificent God really is, and how small we are to question that He could do anything at all. I also used to believe in macro evolution, but if you toss out certain parts of the Bible, how do you reconcile the rest?

In the movie, The Theory of Everything, we see that Hawking even came away at the end, realizing that there is a beginning, and that we didn't come from Nothing. That there is a Something, and He is God. Science is merely revealed to us, but humankind didn't create it, nor discover it.

islandrazor
18 hours ago, William. Lloyd said:

Scientists can only discover what God put here in the beginning.

Its for us to know the mind of God, because He knows all things.

With Love Wnl

True William, I don’t believe man creates anything. We take what God has created and discover what happens when we combine different elements or smash them in a particle collider. Even an artist sculpts Gods rock with His metal and works His paint with brushes manufactured with material which is already here.

25“To whom will you compare Me,

or who is My equal?” asks the Holy One.

26Lift up your eyes on high:

Who created all these?

He leads forth the starry host by number;

He calls each one by name.

Because of His great power and mighty strength,

not one of them is missing.

God did excellent work when He created as He says, Gen 1:31 And God looked upon all that He had made, and indeed, it was very good.

Gen 11:6 And the LORD said, Behold, the people are one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.

God knows how capable men are.

Soon, men will be convinced that for convenience and security they must be chipped, which will be in itself quite an accomplishment.

Rev, 13:16 And he causes all, the small and the great, and the rich and the poor, and the free men and the slaves, to be given a mark on their right hand or on their forehead,

“Yes, I am coming quickly.” Amen. Come, Lord Jesus.

We keep our eye on the prize William. The specifics of creation weren’t important enough for God to get into, simply interesting as a way of reconciling opposing views. Who cares? Shrug….

William. Lloyd
8 hours ago, islandrazor said:

True William, I don’t believe man creates anything. We take what God has created and discover what happens when we combine different elements or smash them in a particle collider. Even an artist sculpts Gods rock with His metal and works His paint with brushes manufactured with material which is already here.

25“To whom will you compare Me,

or who is My equal?” asks the Holy One.

26Lift up your eyes on high:

Who created all these?

He leads forth the starry host by number;

He calls each one by name.

Because of His great power and mighty strength,

not one of them is missing.

God did excellent work when He created as He says, Gen 1:31 And God looked upon all that He had made, and indeed, it was very good.

Gen 11:6 And the LORD said, Behold, the people are one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.

God knows how capable men are.

Soon, men will be convinced that for convenience and security they must be chipped, which will be in itself quite an accomplishment.

Rev, 13:16 And he causes all, the small and the great, and the rich and the poor, and the free men and the slaves, to be given a mark on their right hand or on their forehead,

“Yes, I am coming quickly.” Amen. Come, Lord Jesus.

We keep our eye on the prize William. The specifics of creation weren’t important enough for God to get into, simply interesting as a way of reconciling opposing views. Who cares? Shrug….

Hi thanks for your positive response, it makes a change from the negative and abrasive replies that I have received in my short time that I've been on this site, infact ive just unsubscribe from this site, but your reply is very encouraging. I don't know if it's me but members seem to be looking for trouble and to put you down if you don't exactly believe what they believe.

Surely we should be helping one another to reach all truths and to realise and accept that we sometimes have to agree to disagree, Love and tolerance seem to be missing.

Thanks again, With Love, Wnl

William. Lloyd
On 3/18/2019 at 4:01 AM, Innerfire89 said:

No, I believe God is in three descintct persons who are equally God.

What you're saying sounds like Christ consciousness, is this the case?

On 3/18/2019 at 11:10 AM, Faber said:

Hello William,

Do you believe that the Bible teaches the Trinity?

Thanks

Faber

On 3/18/2019 at 2:05 PM, Becky said:

LOL I read you to be very perfected in you delivery, your thoughts. The attack on the Deity of Jesus the Christ has been around for a long time. Most the negative statements or replies are the same over and over. Goes hand in hand with the dodging of direct questions and the spin of using questions for replies/answers. 

Coming here with your standard weapons, of darts against The Christ  gives members the opportunity share the truth of Scripture. 

Joh 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 
Joh 1:2  The same was in the beginning with God. 
Joh 1:3  All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. 
Joh 1:4  In him was life; and the life was the light of men. 

On 3/18/2019 at 4:47 PM, Origen said:

No one asked you if you believe in the deity of Christ.

You still refuse to answer the question put to you.  Do you believe that the Bible teaches the Trinity?  The answer is either yes or no.

On 3/15/2019 at 5:29 AM, laverne3 said:

As I try and build my faith I inevitably end up trying to defend my faith against those that rely on the sciences as their ultimate source of authority. I often times try to answer as best I can but most of my education on these topics come from either my readings in Christian apologetics from Christian apologists or my memory from what I have learned in school (which isn’t much). The problem I have with the Christian apologetics readings is that they are essentially biased and to people I debate with, the content is very skewed and doesn’t prove any point because it is so biased. The problem though I have with this argument is that any other reading they are doing is also very biased as well. Someone was quoting a lot from Bill Nye, Dawkins and the like. I would like to start furthering my education in the sciences but it seems that anything I read will be biased. How could I go about this with an unbiased view? I mean I would like resources just to give me the blunt facts but they seem to not exist. 

This has been tough for me because now that I see how biased the material is that I have been reading I am starting to doubt all that I know in terms of why I believe the Christian faith... This isn’t to say that I proved Christianity to myself. That came from somewhere inside myself but the defenses definitely helped me “silence the devil” in a way. I am kinda in a whirlwind of thoughts right now and I feel stuck. 

Thanks in advance.

Hi Laverne, hope this helps,

I realise that God never got anything wrong in creation. So in my life, l accept how things are, good and bad, ups and downs. If you don't accept, or take on board the truth of how it is, you can't live the life. You will always be complaining, as though you have all the answers. LIFE IS NOT A COMPETITION. I don't have to compete anymore, because I have accepted Jesus died for me and overcame all my doubts, the striving, the pain, the sickness, the sin, myself, the worlds system, even death, because He rose again from the dead.Yes even victory over death for you and me. 

So all fear of death is vanquished Alleluia.

Ps. In conversation ask the question, who decided to have male and female of every living thing on this earth, see if they can answer.

With Love, Wnl

@William. Lloyd   What is your point in quoting me (or any of the others you cite)?  Those comments are not even part of this thread.  How does that relate to this topic?

Guest William
1 hour ago, William. Lloyd said:

I don't know if it's me but members seem to be looking for trouble and to put you down if you don't exactly believe what they believe.

I feel compelled to offer you a tissue.

9 minutes ago, William said:

sad cry GIF by Originals

Deidre

lol

so much for...''evolving.'' 

William. Lloyd
2 hours ago, William said:

Thankyou, With Love, Wnl

islandrazor
On 4/4/2019 at 2:57 AM, William. Lloyd said:

Hi thanks for your positive response, it makes a change from the negative and abrasive replies that I have received in my short time that I've been on this site, infact ive just unsubscribe from this site, but your reply is very encouraging. I don't know if it's me but members seem to be looking for trouble and to put you down if you don't exactly believe what they believe.

Surely we should be helping one another to reach all truths and to realise and accept that we sometimes have to agree to disagree, Love and tolerance seem to be missing.

Thanks again, With Love, Wnl

While I may toy with the question of the universes age, I can without equivocation state that man didn’t evolve from apes…. God created life to reproduce “After it’s own kind”. Minor adaptation I’ve no problem with since Adam and Eve clearly are not reflected in the color, height, size, aptitude etc. of their progeny. A man is a man and an ape, is still an ape. Having said that, the evidence for ape-men cannot be dismissed. It is not determined by appearance, rather behavior, and by that standard, there remains today a plethora of Ape-Men.

There are many good and faithful brothers and sisters here my friend. Don’t let your voice be quelled. Keep it mellow, tolerant and patient. I’ve never met a man or woman in my life that I agree with on every topic or issue and some lacking self control become emotionally directed when a threat is perceived. Given, they may believe they are speaking in the defense of God and His Word, it is understandable. Personally, I believe God is a Big God and doesn’t need man to defend Him. I think we defend men from themselves when they speak against God and we correct them. As Paul states, patience, meekness, tolerance, longsuffering. (Allow) You know all that good stuff that we are to exhibit in our life. God urges us to, “Come let us reason together”, nowhere does He imply, come let us get emotional together. “The heart above all is deceitfully wicked”.

From terms and conditions: Keep all commentary civil, and be courteous at all times. Constructive criticism is welcome, but insults directed towards other users or the site admins will not be tolerated. Coarse/insulting language will not be tolerated.

Anyway,,, this subject some hold dear and it’s irrelevant concerning salvation so why go to war? What was the Apostles reply when Paul inquired concerning further instructions?, Stay away from meat sacrificed and fornicating. Really, that’s all they could come up with? Perhaps it was because they had confidence that the Spirit of God working in Paul had covered all the basics. Maybe he explained it was a literal 24 hour days at the time of creation to them, maybe it hadn’t come up in conversations yet. My sense is this, if the first chapter of Genesis was still lost or hidden in some long forgotten dusty desert cave, our salvation is not in jeopardy.

I would urge you to be patient, there are more important items to address within the hearts of men, both personally and within the body of Christ, such as;

Gal, 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, and self-control. Against such things there is no law.…

Phl, 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Whatever you choose. Keep the faith, don’t be dissuaded and don’t engage in doubtful disputations, unless you are prepared for the resulting onslaught.

We have our faith in God my friend, not men. Men are just, well, men.

1 Cor, 4:2 Now it is required of stewards that they be found faithful. 3. I care very little, however, if I am judged by you or by any human court. In fact, I do not even judge myself. 4. My conscience is clear, but that does not vindicate me. It is the Lord who judges me.…

In Christ

William. Lloyd

I would like you to consider the word opposite that first occurred in Genesis. Good and evil,which had to be taken together, because one without the other cannot exist.

Man came alive in God and in His image when they took of the tree in Eden

which without there would be nothing to debate of any subject, because there wouldn't be a subject, or have a difference of opinion about anything,

you couldn't even have an opinion. The battle of good and evil on the telivision or news couldn't exist, no dreams, no news, no difference, nothing to talk about, no cinema, no books, no battles, no wars, no hope ,no desires, no future, no good, no evil, no redemption, no born again, no lies, no truth, I'll leave you to imagine that you cannot have without opposites, but wait a minute you can't have an imagination, or think of these things without an opposite.

We would be like a tree for example, it grows bigger and dies like us, it reproduces without thought or reward, or joy or love in its offspring, no spirit or choice unlike us. We would be similar to the tree also without the

opposite and made in Gods image, to be able to receive good and evil and all Gods fruits and to minister these fruits as we choose through our free will, (no opposite no choice).

From this place in Gods plan without the opposite, you could never know God as Love, demonstrated and planned through the sacrifice of His only begotten Son Jesus Christ, WOW! Thats the only hope we have, to know God through Jesus and to be redeemed back to Him, because He loves us so much. Hope again cannot exist without the opposite, because you can only hope for something different or better, or go from sin, to a sinless state

giving it value and measure. You cannot continue to progress without the opposite, progress to where, without the opposite there isn't a where, or to, or loss, or gain, or reward, or progression. There would be no point Jesus coming and representing righteousness and truth, planned from the beginning, but because God new that sin, unrighteousness and the lier, planned by Him would be in the world. There would be no value in the sacrifice Jesus made was in vain, Jesus came to take away the sin of the world, because of Love.

Without the moving of positions there can be no value or recognition, or the desire to move if it isn't a better position, positions cannot exist without 

opposites. The better position is to move to a sinless state, without sin to start with, movement is impossible and impossible to have a better state, because there is no state,without Jesus victory over sin, what a God who new all this in the beginning of His creation, that sin had to enter the world or there is no movement at all, because it's impossible to have movement without the opposite to sin which is Jesus, the redeemer, planned from the beginning.

No devil or sin, no victory, no battle, no reason to strive, no hope, no point, no relationship, no difference, no love, what a God, without the tree of good and evil and without the devil, the opposite, there would be nothing to write about, there would not even be a Bible.

This scripture of Gods plan in the beginning to save us from our sin.

Who hath SAVED us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace, which was given us in Jesus Christ, BEFORE THE WORLD BEGAN, but is know made manifest by appearing of our saviour Jesus Christ, who hath obolished death and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel, 2 Tim:9-10.

Hope this helps, With Love, Wnl

William. Lloyd
16 hours ago, islandrazor said:

While I may toy with the question of the universes age, I can without equivocation state that man didn’t evolve from apes…. God created life to reproduce “After it’s own kind”. Minor adaptation I’ve no problem with since Adam and Eve clearly are not reflected in the color, height, size, aptitude etc. of their progeny. A man is a man and an ape, is still an ape. Having said that, the evidence for ape-men cannot be dismissed. It is not determined by appearance, rather behavior, and by that standard, there remains today a plethora of Ape-Men.

There are many good and faithful brothers and sisters here my friend. Don’t let your voice be quelled. Keep it mellow, tolerant and patient. I’ve never met a man or woman in my life that I agree with on every topic or issue and some lacking self control become emotionally directed when a threat is perceived. Given, they may believe they are speaking in the defense of God and His Word, it is understandable. Personally, I believe God is a Big God and doesn’t need man to defend Him. I think we defend men from themselves when they speak against God and we correct them. As Paul states, patience, meekness, tolerance, longsuffering. (Allow) You know all that good stuff that we are to exhibit in our life. God urges us to, “Come let us reason together”, nowhere does He imply, come let us get emotional together. “The heart above all is deceitfully wicked”.

From terms and conditions: Keep all commentary civil, and be courteous at all times. Constructive criticism is welcome, but insults directed towards other users or the site admins will not be tolerated. Coarse/insulting language will not be tolerated.

Anyway,,, this subject some hold dear and it’s irrelevant concerning salvation so why go to war? What was the Apostles reply when Paul inquired concerning further instructions?, Stay away from meat sacrificed and fornicating. Really, that’s all they could come up with? Perhaps it was because they had confidence that the Spirit of God working in Paul had covered all the basics. Maybe he explained it was a literal 24 hour days at the time of creation to them, maybe it hadn’t come up in conversations yet. My sense is this, if the first chapter of Genesis was still lost or hidden in some long forgotten dusty desert cave, our salvation is not in jeopardy.

I would urge you to be patient, there are more important items to address within the hearts of men, both personally and within the body of Christ, such as;

Gal, 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, and self-control. Against such things there is no law.…

Phl, 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Whatever you choose. Keep the faith, don’t be dissuaded and don’t engage in doubtful disputations, unless you are prepared for the resulting onslaught.

We have our faith in God my friend, not men. Men are just, well, men.

1 Cor, 4:2 Now it is required of stewards that they be found faithful. 3. I care very little, however, if I am judged by you or by any human court. In fact, I do not even judge myself. 4. My conscience is clear, but that does not vindicate me. It is the Lord who judges me.…

In Christ

Hi again, just a small scientific add on, science have discovered that monkeys have a different DNA blueprint to us, so it is impossible to interbread with them, not that we would, but it proves that we didn't evolve from them, but I believe it is still taught around the world.

With Love, Wnl

Guest Becky
8 minutes ago, William. Lloyd said:

Gen_2:7  And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul. 

20 minutes ago, William. Lloyd said:

Good and evil,which had to be taken together, because one without the other cannot exist.

Really?  If one follows that line of thinking then evil was always present with God since good cannot exist without the other.

And by the way where does the Bible make the claim that one cannot exist without the other?

20 minutes ago, William. Lloyd said:

The text is clear that Man was created in the image of God.  God breathed into man the breath of life and man became a living soul\being.  Nothing in the text supports your claim.

islandrazor
3 hours ago, William. Lloyd said:

I would like you to consider the word opposite that first occurred in Genesis. Good and evil,which had to be taken together, because one without the other cannot exist.

which without there would be nothing to debate of any subject, because there wouldn't be a subject, or have a difference of opinion about anything,

you couldn't even have an opinion. The battle of good and evil on the telivision or news couldn't exist, no dreams, no news, no difference, nothing to talk about, no cinema, no books, no battles, no wars, no hope ,no desires, no future, no good, no evil, no redemption, no born again, no lies, no truth, I'll leave you to imagine that you cannot have without opposites, but wait a minute you can't have an imagination, or think of these things without an opposite.

We would be like a tree for example, it grows bigger and dies like us, it reproduces without thought or reward, or joy or love in its offspring, no spirit or choice unlike us. We would be similar to the tree also without the

opposite and made in Gods image, to be able to receive good and evil and all Gods fruits and to minister these fruits as we choose through our free will, (no opposite no choice).

From this place in Gods plan without the opposite, you could never know God as Love, demonstrated and planned through the sacrifice of His only begotten Son Jesus Christ, WOW! Thats the only hope we have, to know God through Jesus and to be redeemed back to Him, because He loves us so much. Hope again cannot exist without the opposite, because you can only hope for something different or better, or go from sin, to a sinless state

giving it value and measure. You cannot continue to progress without the opposite, progress to where, without the opposite there isn't a where, or to, or loss, or gain, or reward, or progression. There would be no point Jesus coming and representing righteousness and truth, planned from the beginning, but because God new that sin, unrighteousness and the lier, planned by Him would be in the world. There would be no value in the sacrifice Jesus made was in vain, Jesus came to take away the sin of the world, because of Love.

Without the moving of positions there can be no value or recognition, or the desire to move if it isn't a better position, positions cannot exist without 

opposites. The better position is to move to a sinless state, without sin to start with, movement is impossible and impossible to have a better state, because there is no state,without Jesus victory over sin, what a God who new all this in the beginning of His creation, that sin had to enter the world or there is no movement at all, because it's impossible to have movement without the opposite to sin which is Jesus, the redeemer, planned from the beginning.

No devil or sin, no victory, no battle, no reason to strive, no hope, no point, no relationship, no difference, no love, what a God, without the tree of good and evil and without the devil, the opposite, there would be nothing to write about, there would not even be a Bible.

This scripture of Gods plan in the beginning to save us from our sin.

Who hath SAVED us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace, which was given us in Jesus Christ, BEFORE THE WORLD BEGAN, but is know made manifest by appearing of our saviour Jesus Christ, who hath obolished death and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel, 2 Tim:9-10.

Hope this helps, With Love, Wnl

Sorry William,

It seems you get some of it right, then surmise a lot more. I can understand  the frustration expressed in some of the replies. While many here may not agree with my suggestion concerning  earth age, And that is really all it is., some of your conjecture needs to first be viewed against the background of actual scripture. I'm speaking for myself when I say this, I fear  if I continue any further down this path, I may be reported to PETA, The Humane Society, ASPCA and every other organization which deals with people who flog dead or dying horses. I say this in all humility, study, study, study, pray, pray, pray.

What is the point in debating a issue in which neither side will change. Hmm, I suppose I should confess here that I sometimes like the sound of my own voice, yet, this seems more like an exercise in futility and I haven't got the gift of bull dung anywhere near approaching the skill level of our former emperor O'bummer. I grow weary......

me out,

In Christ

Unitarian

I was a devout Christian for over 40yrs. I started questioning my faith after working in Pediatric oncology. I thought to myself, how could an all knowing super entity allow such suffering amongst these beautiful children? When was the last time I saw an amputee grow limbs? As a result of these questions, I started studying Ivy League Biblical Scholars. I realized quickly I had a strong commitment to the bible but lack of knowledge of how our bible came to be.

The bible is forged. Matthew, Mark, Luke and John did Not write any of the gospels. There are Zero first hand accounts of Jesus. Evil is real, the devil is not. 666 does Not stand for Satan, it represents Caesar Nero. The Smithsonian Natural history museum has over 19 hominid species on display. We absolutely did evolve. We are products of our environment and most of us inherit our religion from our families. How many Hindu convert to Amish? The world was created billions of years ago by a process called M  Theory. Why would God have to have his only son killed in order for our sins to be forgiven?

Stanford University performed a 10 year research project on the effectiveness of intercessory prayer. Conclusion, Prayer is a powerful placebo. It taps into the same neurological pathways as meditation providing a peaceful feeling.

* Nine million children die every year before they reach the age five. Most of these children will die in terror and agony.  These parents will grieve for eternity!! Most of these parents believe in God and are praying for their children to be spared. And their prayers will Not be answered. According to Divine Command theory, this is all part of Gods plan. Any God who would allow children to suffer in this way is either immoral or impotent. Either God can do nothing to help these children or doesn't care to. Most of these children will be going to hell. Through no fault of their own, they were born into the wrong religion and got the wrong theology. We are being ruled by an invisible monster! 

Most people do Not change their minds to be mean spirited. They change their minds because they thought it through and they thought they were wrong. It is emotionally very difficult. We are all born into this world as athiests. It is through indoctrination that we have faith. Smile and be kind to one another. No Gods required 💛

• Sad 1

atpollard
1 hour ago, Unitarian said:

I was a devout Christian for over 40yrs. I started questioning my faith after working in Pediatric oncology. I thought to myself, how could an all knowing super entity allow such suffering amongst these beautiful children? When was the last time I saw an amputee grow limbs? As a result of these questions, I started studying Ivy League Biblical Scholars. I realized quickly I had a strong commitment to the bible but lack of knowledge of how our bible came to be.

The bible is forged. Matthew, Mark, Luke and John did Not write any of the gospels. There are Zero first hand accounts of Jesus. Evil is real, the devil is not. 666 does Not stand for Satan, it represents Caesar Nero. The Smithsonian Natural history museum has over 19 hominid species on display. We absolutely did evolve. We are products of our environment and most of us inherit our religion from our families. How many Hindu convert to Amish? The world was created billions of years ago by a process called M  Theory. Why would God have to have his only son killed in order for our sins to be forgiven?

Stanford University performed a 10 year research project on the effectiveness of intercessory prayer. Conclusion, Prayer is a powerful placebo. It taps into the same neurological pathways as meditation providing a peaceful feeling.

* Nine million children die every year before they reach the age five. Most of these children will die in terror and agony.  These parents will grieve for eternity!! Most of these parents believe in God and are praying for their children to be spared. And their prayers will Not be answered. According to Divine Command theory, this is all part of Gods plan. Any God who would allow children to suffer in this way is either immoral or impotent. Either God can do nothing to help these children or doesn't care to. Most of these children will be going to hell. Through no fault of their own, they were born into the wrong religion and got the wrong theology. We are being ruled by an invisible monster! 

Most people do Not change their minds to be mean spirited. They change their minds because they thought it through and they thought they were wrong. It is emotionally very difficult. We are all born into this world as athiests. It is through indoctrination that we have faith. Smile and be kind to one another. No Gods required 💛

Nonsense.

Reality Check needed.

I could introduce you to some young men who live near me that witnessed their parents beaten to death with clubs and burned alive in their huts in the Sudan.  They survived by spending two years walking through the wilderness as a group of 4 to 12 year old children to Kenya.  President Jimmy Carter granted these “Sudanese Orphans” special refugee status and allowed them to come to the United States as citizens.  The Muslims that murdered their parents had done nothing wrong according to Islam ... the “Verse of the Sword” in the Qu’ran calls on all good followers of Allah to murder the infidels that will not convert.  Do all people really worship the same God?  Is the God of Christianity really responsible for their suffering, or Did the God of Christianity really protect those children and bring them to someplace safe?

In India, most of the deaths can be traced back to the basic belief that some people are worth more than others.  Those poor and suffering were born into their caste as punishment for sins of their past life.  So those children both deserve to die and they will simply be given another chance in a new life.  Is the callousness of Hinduism really to be laid at the feet of the God of Christianity?  Is the God of Christianity really responsible for their deaths?

It is a simple fact that in virtually all non-Christian cultures, women fall under the heading of “property”.  In every country where Christianity has been introduced, it has resulted in dramatic improvement in the lives of women.  Rights as human beings, increased education, and a decrease in abuse.  

Your “ivy league” theology is bankrupt ... having a form of religion, but denying its power ... and to be rejected as the SJW radicalism that it is.  Your “all roads lead to a false god” assumption is flawed, as is your implied denial of the existence of both evil and a fallen world.  I came from where you ran to ... not merely atheism, but nihilism.  Virtually everyone I grew up with is dead or spending life in prison.  I am one of three brothers and the only survivor (lost one to murder and one to suicide), so I know all about how “bad” life can be.  However, God has stood the test of time.  He has proven Himself real to me, and His Holy Word always told it like it was.  God never promised peace and love and happiness in this life.  Jesus said “They hated me, and they will hate you.” Jesus said “In this world you will have trouble”. Jesus promised to “one day” wipe away all of our tears and to enact a terrible swift justice.  Jesus said that this was not our home and the “Day of the Lord” is in the future.

So why are you so shocked that the world is exactly like Jesus said it was?

[PS. Everyone eventually dies.]

Edited by atpollard
  • Like 1

atpollard
1 hour ago, Unitarian said:

[Videos]

When the first “Deconstructivist” building was completed in France, a famous architectural review described it as “the building that threw up on itself” (because it had located all of the Air Conditioning ducts on the outside as decoration).  

Watching the first video made me think of “deconstructivist theology” ...

“If the Bible is to have meaning in modern society, we must accept that it does not contain ‘the truth’ but many different and contradictory truths.”

... the “the theology that threw up on itself”.

Faber
2 hours ago, Unitarian said:

Why would God have to have his only son killed in order for our sins to be forgiven?

Because Jesus is the perfect sinless sacrifice for sins. There is no other way.

William. Lloyd

Hi Origen, I'm sure you know all this already.

God made ALL things and He made nothing in vain,(not unto vanity) God meaning that everything that was made by God has a good and perfect reason to be here, if there was anything missing in creation it wouldn't work.

So accepting that God made all things, of course He made evil.

Is.45:7 I form the light and create and create darkness, I make peace,

AND CREATE EVIL. I the Lord do all these things.

God sent evil spirits for good, for chastisement in the Old Testament.

That is why God put both spirits together, because they can't exist or have any value without each other, it's impossible, it's in reference to.

A simple example is if you had a small box and a large box, the words large and small cannot exist without each other, take one away large or small disappear, again it's in reference to, I hope you get this.

And your final question is that Adam and Eve to be in the image of God, as He had planned, had to be also spiritually like God.

They received the spirits through disobedience of eating the fruit, not the actual fruit. It's the knowledge of good and evil only.

For God to communicate with man spiritually we had to be the same.

To conclude Christians have always had the problem explaining why God put evil in the world, but now you know if you spirituality understand my post. Hope this helps Origen.

With Love, Wnl

On 4/6/2019 at 5:30 AM, William. Lloyd said:

So accepting that God made all things, of course He made evil.

Is.45:7 I form the light and create and create darkness, I make peace,

AND CREATE EVIL. I the Lord do all these things.

First, that is a false interpretation of that verse.

Second, your post does nothing to address comments put to you.  If one follows your line of thinking then evil was always present with God since good cannot exist without the other.  IF your claim is true (i.e. good cannot exist without evil), then it necessarily follows that evil has always existed God because is by good and has always existed.

And your final question is that Adam and Eve to be in the image of God, as He had planned, had to be also spiritually like God.

They received the spirits through disobedience of eating the fruit, not the actual fruit. It's the knowledge of good and evil only.

The text never says anything.  Your theological claims have no scriptural support.  Therefore they can be dismissed.

So conclude Christians have always had the problem explaining why God put evil in the world, but now you know if you spirituality understand my post.

"spirituality understand my post"  😂😆😂

Don't try and play that "spirituality understanding" nonsense on me.  Nothing in your post answers anything I put to you.  Moreover it completely ignores the meaning of the Hebrew text. 

William. Lloyd
10 minutes ago, Origen said:

First, that is a false interpretation of that verse.

Second, your post does nothing to comment the put to you.  If one follows you line of thinking then evil was always present with God since good cannot exist without the other.  IF your claim is true (i.e. good cannot exist without evil), then necessarily follows that evil has always existed God because is by good.

The text never says anything.  Your theological claims have no scriptural support.  Therefore they can be dismissed.

"spirituality understand my post"  😂😆😂

Don't try and play that "spirituality understanding" nonsense on me.  Nothing in your post answers anything I put to you.  Moreover it completely ignores meaning of the Hebrew text. 

Hi Origen. We will just have to agree to disagree.

With Love, Wnl

On 4/6/2019 at 6:55 AM, William. Lloyd said:

Hi Origen. We will just have

With Love, Wnl

No we don't have to agree to disagree.  You could address my posts.  You could try to support your claims and not hide behind your so-called spirituality understanding.

Guest theophilus
On 4/3/2019 at 8:07 AM, atpollard said:

I believe in Micro-evolution

When you use the term microevolution when debating evolutionists they sometimes respond by saying that macroevolution is just microevolution carried out over a long period of time.  Microevolution is another name for natural selection.  I have found that it is usually better to speak of natural selection and not use the term evolution at all.