SovereignGraceSingles

Welcome to SovereignGraceSingles.com. Where Reformed Faith and Romance Come Together! We are the only Christian dating website for Christian Singles in the Reformed Faith worldwide. Our focus is to bring together Christian singles of all ages. Reformed single Christian men and women who wish to meet other Reformed Christian singles for spiritually, like-minded, loving relationships.
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” - Genesis 2:18
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

Meet Like Minded Believers Can two walk together except they be agreed? - Amos 3:3
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

SGS offers a "fenced" community: both for private single members and also a public Protestant forums open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene-derived Christian Church.
Join us now
Chasinglight

Is Genesis a kind of parable to explain what could not have been explained?

Deidre

The Bible is often misunderstood, because we approach it with unrealistic expectations. Many people, myself at one time in the past included, view God as a magician, or someone who should grant our every wish, and never permit suffering. But, He actually did create the world in that way, but gave mankind free will. Freewill has caused the sufferings that we see, today and throughout history. Many tend to blame God for these sufferings, but we never blame each other. The sufferings of children, or anyone really, is gut wrenching to be sure, but Jesus came to help us through these tragedies. 

So, why would God create humans to have free will, only to watch us suffer? Because that's not the end of the story. If all you care about is materialism, and your desires being met, you will lead a very unhappy life, regardless if you claim to be an atheist or follow another faith, separate and away from Christianity. We were created for more. Jesus told us that we live in this world, but we're not of this world. That can be evident in how so many wealthy celebrities for example, commit suicide, despite having so much. 

If all you care about is your desires being met, and never having to go through suffering, you have an unrealistic idea of life, in general. Even if you're a nihilist, even if you are an atheist who clings to science for all explanations of life, you will lead yourself to suffering. Suffering doesn't exist because of our circumstances, we suffer because we cling to the belief that we shouldn't ever experience dire circumstances. If we dare to believe in a god, we come away feeling that he should be stopping any and all suffering and if he doesn't, then he fails to be a god.

This also comes from human thinking. We can't fathom that a god would permit suffering, and yet have a solution to it, all at the same time. Jesus is that solution. He doesn't promise to erase your circumstances, instead He promises to carry you through it, if you choose Him. If you choose to follow Him. He offers something far different than the status quo of the world. 

There are objective truths, if there weren't, we wouldn't have legal laws in place. Murder would be okay, then, and all other violent crimes. But, they're not okay, why is that? Because we believe in some objective truths. Where did those truths come from? They came from God, who created humans with the propensity for evil, yet the free will to choose Him, and to follow a moral code that He objectively laid out.

I left Christianity, and once identified as an atheist, so I feel where many are coming from who oppose Jesus. But, upon returning to faith and reading the Bible as a book to help me, advise me, and offer me hope, I have come away with a different understanding of God. And my expectations are not that I should live a pain-free life, instead that my life, despite its pain and trials, has meaning. Has a purpose. And the story does have a happy ending always, if we follow God's divine plan for our lives. 

• Like 3

Matthew A.Duvall
On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 12:41 PM, Chasinglight said:

Personally, I am Christian, but I believe in evolution. All the facts in science point towards that. What do others think?

You can't have it both ways. You cannot believe in evolution and its theories of something developing out of nothing . Because that's the choice you're left with . Christianity believes in an All Sovereign God who had no beginning and will have no end . He is credited with the only attributes a sovereign Almighty God can possess . Only He can be Omnipotent, Omniscience, Omnipresent and Immutable. That destroys the fallacy that comes from the minds of evolutionist that believe  this universe somehow created itself . So you're left with no choice but to believe in God who has recorded evidence of Him creating all things beginning seven thousands years ago. " In the beginning " is what my redeemed soul teaches me without me having to give the slightest thought to believing something evolved out of nothing. Even an evolutionist would have a problem explaining how that could possibly be. All genuine believers have the evidence of their conversion based on a personal God who takes a personal interest in every aspect of their lives. And that is not to be shared with the insanity of Charles Darwin .

Edited by Matthew A.Duvall
  • Like 1

Faber

Your choices:

God or the gorilla?

Adam or the ape?

Matthew A.Duvall
20 hours ago, Faber said:

Your choices:

God or the gorilla?

Adam or the ape?

Amazing how they select the gorilla or the ape . And give watered down reasons of how they eventually became human beings.

• Like 1

atpollard
11 hours ago, Matthew Duvall said:

Amazing how they select the gorilla or the ape . And give watered down reasons of how they eventually became human beings.

Personally, I like bears.  They have those forward bending knees and sort of look like a swarthy 'Mediterranean' from the back.  They even growl like some old Italian-American men I know. 🙂

Edited by atpollard

Fireball Lewis

NO the Bible clearly says THAT GOD MADE EVERYTHING BY SPEAKING.

atpollard
9 minutes ago, Fireball Lewis said:

NO the Bible clearly says THAT GOD MADE EVERYTHING BY SPEAKING.

Except people ... Gen 1:26-27, Gen 2:7 ... for us, God rolled up His sleeves and got His hands dirty.  God wanted something more intimate for people, so the hands of God caressed the flesh of man and the mouth of God touched the lips of man.

Solas
On 12/6/2017 at 10:41 AM, Chasinglight said:

Personally, I am Christian, but I believe in evolution. All the facts in science point towards that. What do others think?

I haven't read the rest of the posts here, but I'll just throw in my 2¢.

If a scientific theory says 'Wabooses' are green, but the Scriptures says they are pink...I'll go with Scripture every time.

When Scripture says 'evening and morning...one day, and concludes all is made in 6 days; and Scientific theory says millions of years...guess what? I'm going with Scripture.

By faith we understand that the universe was created by the word of God, so that what is seen was not made out of things that are visible.  (Heb 11:3)

Solas
16 hours ago, Solas said:

If a scientific theory says 'Wabooses' are green, but the Scriptures says they are pink...I'll go with Scripture every time.

Sorry folks, I tried to make up a fictional word, 'Waboose', but apparently failed. LOL.

Lo and behold!... https://shamansway.net/waboose/

Edited by Solas