SovereignGraceSingles

Welcome to SovereignGraceSingles.com. Where Reformed Faith and Romance Come Together! We are the only Christian dating website for Christian Singles in the Reformed Faith worldwide. Our focus is to bring together Christian singles of all ages. Reformed single Christian men and women who wish to meet other Reformed Christian singles for spiritually, like-minded, loving relationships.
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” - Genesis 2:18
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

Meet Like Minded Believers Can two walk together except they be agreed? - Amos 3:3
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

SGS offers a "fenced" community: both for private single members and also a public Protestant forums open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene-derived Christian Church.
Join us now
Guest William

The Rapture Question

Guest Becky
Sue D. commented

04-07-2018, 02:14 PM

Editing a comment

@ Becky -- the only prophesy I'm aware of is about His future birth -- as Immanuel as found in Isaiah 7:14 -- follow-up in Matthew 1:18 - 23. That Mary would be a virgin -- conceived of the Holy Spirit.

There Is mention of Him as a young person going to the synogoge to learn and share His knowledge.

What i was asking does his 3+ years figure into anyone's idea of prophesy

Sue D.
How many years was Christ's earthly ministry ?

@ Ffo -- Jesus's earthly father, Joseph was a carpenter. And He was also ' a prophet, priest and King' - a priest after the order of Malkizedeck --( excuse the spelling ).

He, Jesus, was a 'fisher of men'. :)

nicklasarthur
Posted (edited)
On 4/6/2018 at 11:10 AM, WebMaster said:

Historicism, once the most common view, says that New Testament prophecy predicts all the major events of the gospel age. Historicists see the fall of Rome, the tyranny of the popes, the advance of Islam, and the rise of the Enlightenment all predicted in the book of Revelation. Now that Christianity has spread well beyond Europe, this Europe-centered approach has largely been abandoned

That is like saying, "Now that Christianity has spread well beyond Judea, It's mideast-centered approach has largely been abandoned. One has nothing to do with the other. Everything should be judged on its own merit, for instance: Amillenialism dominated for 1000 years before Historicism developed out of the Protestant and Puritan Churchs, it too has been largely abandoned for Futurism. Futurism is a Jesuit Counter-Reformation  invention to vindicate the Roman Church and Papacy from being identified as the II Thess 2 Great Apostasy and Man of Sin! Just because the world has abandoned something does not mean that we should not seriously consider it. I'd like to know where that quote came from.

Edited by nicklasarthur
  • Like 1

Guest William
8 minutes ago, nicklasarthur said:

I'd like to know where that quote came from.

The source of the article was quoted in the OP. The original source was obviously taken down. Tis why I republish things I find of interest because things have a way of disappearing off the net. The OP was meant as a topic starter for discussion. 

nicklasarthur

link doesn't work

Guest William
1 hour ago, nicklasarthur said:

link doesn't work

Hi Nicklas,

Yes, Ligonier no longer publishes the page but they were the original source at the date the OP was published. 

atpollard
Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, nicklasarthur said:

link doesn't work

21 hours ago, William said:

Hi Nicklas,

Yes, Ligonier no longer publishes the page but they were the original source at the date the OP was published. 

The Rapture Question (Ligonier)

(the Google-fu is strong in this one.) 🙂

Edited by atpollard

MARY5141

La pregunta es estamos preparados para su venida o no estamos preparando?

• Like 1

atpollard
16 hours ago, MARY5141 said:

La pregunta es estamos preparados para su venida o no estamos preparando?

"The question is are we prepared for his coming or are we not preparing?" (from Google Translate).

Guest William
18 hours ago, atpollard said:

(the Google-fu is strong in this one.) 🙂

Thanks, looks like the url changed. I'll update the OP to help those that despise Google.