SovereignGraceSingles

Welcome to SovereignGraceSingles.com. Where Reformed Faith and Romance Come Together! We are the only Christian dating website for Christian Singles in the Reformed Faith worldwide. Our focus is to bring together Christian singles of all ages. Reformed single Christian men and women who wish to meet other Reformed Christian singles for spiritually, like-minded, loving relationships.
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” - Genesis 2:18
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

Meet Like Minded Believers Can two walk together except they be agreed? - Amos 3:3
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Join us now

SovereignGraceSingles

SGS offers a "fenced" community: both for private single members and also a public Protestant forums open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene-derived Christian Church.
Join us now
Guest theophilus

Bible Science Guy

CDF47
1 minute ago, davidtaylorjr said:

Exodus 20:11 which established the Sabbath

Luke 13:14 which confirms the Sabbath and the 6 day work week because that is how God created.

Genesis 1 is a continuous narrative with no gaps in between. That is why God rested on the seventh day after six continual days. There is no break and no textual evidence to suggest a break. It is continuous which means no details were left out.

I don't believe those verses refute OEC.  

davidtaylorjr
Just now, CDF47 said:

I don't believe those verses refute OEC.  

Technically we aren't discussing OEC. We are discussing Day-Age Theory. And those verses DO refute that.

CDF47

Technically we aren't discussing OEC. We are discussing Day-Age Theory. And those verses DO refute that.

I don't believe they do when God could have spent the 7 literal days described creating the universe while eons went by inside the universe as it was created from His perspective.

davidtaylorjr

@CDF47 https://libertyuniv-my.sharepoint.com/:w:/g/personal/dtaylor3_liberty_edu/EdVrcT7AL6xCiCwkkaAkLREBDwtEgvtyu8py1gq4G5AeKg?e=pzSPkp 

Just now, CDF47 said:

I don't believe they do when God could have spent the 7 literal days described creating the universe while eons went by inside the universe as it was created from His perspective.

What makes you think a week for God is any different than a week for us?

CDF47

Because He transcends time and He knows the future before it happens.

Edited by CDF47

davidtaylorjr
1 minute ago, CDF47 said:

Because He transcends time and He knows the future before it happens.

What does that have to do with the length of a week.....nothing....

CDF47
Just now, davidtaylorjr said:

What does that have to do with the length of a week.....nothing....

It means He could have spent a week while eons went by inside His creation.

davidtaylorjr
2 minutes ago, CDF47 said:

It means He could have spent a week while eons went by inside His creation.

No that is not what that means. Transcending time means he is outside of the constraints of time because he was before time began. It does not mean that his week is different than our week.

CDF47

No that is not what that means. Transcending time means he is outside of the constraints of time because he was before time began. It does not mean that his week is different than our week.

No, I believe His week is the same which is why I think it took him 6 days to create the universe.  

davidtaylorjr
2 minutes ago, CDF47 said:

No, I believe His week is the same which is why I think it took him 6 days to create the universe.  

You realize this statement refutes the Day-Age theory. You can't have it both ways. It either took him six days to create, or it took him eons to create. It is either/or not both/and.

CDF47

You realize this statement refutes the Day-Age theory. You can't have it both ways. It either took him six days to create, or it took him eons to create. It is either/or not both/and.

It can be both.  

davidtaylorjr
Just now, CDF47 said:

It can be both.  

No it really can't. Six separate days with eons in between are not six days. That is six eons.

CDF47
2 minutes ago, davidtaylorjr said:

No it really can't. Six separate days with eons in between are not six days. That is six eons.

No, I am saying God could have taken six literal days and each day epochs of time passed by inside the creation.  A human can create something like this inside a computer if programmed properly.

Edited by CDF47

davidtaylorjr

No, I am saying God could have taken six literal days and each day epochs of time passed by inside the creation.  A human can create something like this inside a computer if programmed properly.

But there is no basis or reason to even entertain this idea. That being said, did you read the link I sent you?

CDF47

But there is no basis or reason to even entertain this idea. That being said, did you read the link I sent you?

It's possible.  I did read the link.  I find it interesting.  I disagree that even science has shown that creation took place in 6 days as described.  

davidtaylorjr

It's possible. 

How exactly is it possible? You can say anything is possible but that doesn't make it so.

CDF47

How exactly is it possible? You can say anything is possible but that doesn't make it so.

It is scientifically possible and I wouldn't expect the Scriptures to go into such details.  

Guest William
1 hour ago, CDF47 said:

It's possible.  I did read the link.  I find it interesting.  I disagree that even science has shown that creation took place in 6 days as described.  

It is important for you CDF to personally understand "why" you believe. And it is equally important for you to comprehend the Scriptures for yourself.

I really suggest you decide which genre Genesis falls into, how that genre should be read and/or understood, and then tackling the hermeneutics applied to the book of Genesis. This is called by some a hermeneutical "lens" which corrects our vision.

God bless,

William

CDF47
2 minutes ago, William said:

It is important for you CDF to understand "why" you believe. And it is equally important for you to comprehend the Scriptures for yourself.

I really suggest you decide which genre Genesis falls into, how that genre should be read and/or understood, and then tackling the hermeneutics applied to the book of Genesis.

God bless,

William

I believe this based on Scripture and based on science because that is where the evidence leads.  

davidtaylorjr
59 minutes ago, CDF47 said:

I believe this based on Scripture and based on science because that is where the evidence leads.  

Science can't see the beginning so you can't actually say that.  Scripture says it was a literal week. There is no evidence to suggest that there was a detail missing from the time frame.

Let me ask you this:  Could God create in a literal week without the need for eons?

I would argue that you are actually ignoring Scripture and relying solely on science and trying to make Scripture fit your science.

1 hour ago, CDF47 said:

It is scientifically possible and I wouldn't expect the Scriptures to go into such details.  

That's not a good way to go about biblical interpretation at all just because something is possible. Especially if Scripture says it happened a different way.

Erik
1 hour ago, davidtaylorjr said:

Could God create in a literal week without the need for eons?

I don’t think you are going to get much further with CDF47.  What is your explanation for the 4.5 billion year old earth?

discipler77
3 hours ago, Erik said:

I don’t think you are going to get much further with CDF47.  What is your explanation for the 4.5 billion year old earth?

The Gap Theory.? ...

WWW.BLUELETTERBIBLE.ORG

One of the most popular ways of understanding the creation account in Genesis is known as the Gap Theory or the ruin and...

Edited by discipler77

discipler77

Isaiah14:12-15 = The Fall of Lucifer

12 “How you are fallen from heaven,
O Lucifer, son of the morning!
How you are cut down to the ground,
You who weakened the nations!
13 For you have said in your heart:
‘I will ascend into heaven,
I will exalt my throne above the stars of God;
I will also sit on the mount of the congregation
On the farthest sides of the north;
14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds,
I will be like the Most High.’
15 Yet you shall be brought down to Sheol,
To the lowest depths of the Pit.

2Thessalonians2:3-4 = 3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, 4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.

The falling away of the "man of sin" or "son of perdition" is indicated by their tendency to want to be like God and to want to see things with the eyes/sight of God, even though they are just mere humans and not God/Christ/Spirit, eg they see one day as a thousand years or a thousand years as one day in Scripture.( Genesis1 and Revelation20 )

davidtaylorjr
7 hours ago, Erik said:

First, we don't truly know that the earth is 4.5 billion years old. That number keeps changing meaning the science is unreliable.

Second, I would give the same explanation as I would for Adam and Eve not being created as infants. God made everything with age so that the universe was self-sustainable upon creation.

Typically, people who push back on this say that Adam and Eve were not real people which would mean they don't actually believe anything about the Genesis account.

atpollard
4 minutes ago, davidtaylorjr said:

First, we don't truly know that the earth is 4.5 billion years old. That number keeps changing meaning the science is unreliable.

Second, I would give the same explanation as I would for Adam and Eve not being created as infants. God made everything with age so that the universe was self-sustainable upon creation.

Typically, people who push back on this say that Adam and Eve were not real people which would mean they don't actually believe anything about the Genesis account.

Who were the Neanderthal in the Genesis story?

Note:  I do not have answers ... when I try to reconcile science and scripture I just have lots of questions ... so I compartmentalize.  You seem to posit that there are simple explanations, so I thought that I might as well ask.